TheGamedawg
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• To this day this is still my favorite unused enemy in all of gaming.  
    Reactions: 2 people
    mjshi
    mjshi
    Wait, so if its head is a hand and the hat is a sword, does that mean the face is holding the spear?
    I had an idea in which I marathon the first half hour or so of various RPG Maker games on Twitch.  I'd need a way to find some short games to play though.
    What a great feeling when something you've never tried before works perfectly the first time!  I made my first character who isn't 48*48 and it looks cool!
    You know, of all the main battle themes from all the RPGMakers, I think MV has my favorite.
    Reactions: 2 people
    Archeia
    Archeia
    Battle 6 for me in terms of MV.
    MadMaus
    MadMaus
    Battle1 is also my favorite mostly because it sounds a lot like the songs from the first Malice Mizer's albums (Specifically Merveilles and Bara no Seidou).

And yes, I'm Visual Kei addicted. :T
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Battle6 reminds me of Etrian Odyssey's "End of the Raging Waves"
    How do you guys go about making character sprites from sketches?  Everything I try either turns out too large or too MS Paint-y.
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm

And that's how you make a tree.
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    Seriously though I find that spritework is 90% polish. You're always always gonna start with something ugly. 
    Lunarea
    Lunarea
    You can start with a template - go for something smaller because it forces you to condense details and shapes quite a bit in order to match up with the sketch. Having a template of some sort means you've already got a base for your shapes and proportions. This helps in keeping the character from getting too large.

One of the biggest challenges will be figuring out the scale and level of detail. Over time, you learn how to condense the details and use color/shape contrast to create the illusion of the detail you have on the character. Sometimes it's a question of how and where to place that single pixel - but that's the joy of pixel art. :D
    There aren't enough sports stadiums as dungeons in RPGs.
    Reactions: 1 person
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    All I wanted was a Chicago style hotdog at a Cubs game and all I could afford was sadness. 
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    In my game the party can choose to break into a football stadium. Was a pain to map, as it took 6 maps total. one for N/S/E/W views of the field, one for the field and one for the area around the field where the stands are.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    And buy items from the food venders. Sounds like a good idea. Go for it!
    I have a poll-like question for you guys.  It involves a character from my game.
    That Bread
    That Bread
    I went with the name Marcy its a personal favorite name of mine to use :D  
    Is it weird that I created the supporting cast for my game before the main character?
    Lunarea
    Lunarea
    Not at all. //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif

Sometimes it's really good to break away from conventional ways of creating characters and go with something completely different -- especially if you end up with the kind of story where the main character is the avatar for the player and doesn't require as much depth as the side cast.
    I'm starting to really like tint effects.  I have the screen shift between several shades of red during a volcano fight.
    Just discovered how to change the font in RPG Maker.  And let me tell you, my game looks fancy in Times New Roman.
    I'm trying to make a system that will have the item in a chest pop out when you open it, landing a few inches away.  I think it'd be fun grabbing it.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Are you asking for help, or just stating that's what you're trying to do?  If you need help, please post in the forum - requests for help should not go on the status feed.
    TheGamedawg
    TheGamedawg
    I'm just stating.  In fact, I just figured it out.  It looks pretty cool!  
    Wait, are they really pronounced "Yawn-Fly" and "He-may Works"?  I've been pronouncing it "Y-an Fly" and "Him Works" this whole time!
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Also, IIRC, Yanfly's name came from asking a Chinese woman how the name "Ian" would be pronounced in her dialect, or something like that.  So it's possible "Ee-an-fly" would be the correct pronunciation, I dunno!

Funny thing about my handle (Wavelength) is that I've noticed foreign speakers in general, and Russian speakers in particular, constantly misspell it as "Wavelenght", probably because the ending 'gth' is very uncommon in English whereas 'ght' (as in light or fought) is much more common.  It makes me wonder how they are trying to pronounce my name!!
    TheGamedawg
    TheGamedawg
    Maybe "Wave Lan-g-t."  That sounds super awkward saying it out loud though.
    Dr.Yami
    Dr.Yami
    I think Ee-an-fly is correct lol
    Is there a way to get VX Ace's RTP into MV?
    TheGamedawg
    TheGamedawg
    I had an interesting idea to expand upon one of my old VX Ace projects from scratch.  But a lot of the assets I used are from VX Ace.  Especially the faces and walking sprites.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Gotcha.  If the sprites are your biggest concern then you should use the plugin.  The sprites for Ace are pixel and don't resize by 1.5 cleanly.
    TheGamedawg
    TheGamedawg
    Alright, I figured out how to resize them by 150% and all the assets seem to work fine.  The character sprites are a bit fuzzy but I can always sharpen them later.
    I want to see someone make it so confusion also reverses your controls in the menu.
    Abagail Asta
    Abagail Asta
    that would be the coolest. I may do that...who knows.
    TheGamedawg
    TheGamedawg
    I kind of want to do this too. Not only will the character be confused, but the player as well.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?
Been averaging 2-3 hours sleep for almost a month now. Starting to space out all the time ^^;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inazumaelevenspain