TheGamedawg
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• This has been a really neat week for me.  Someone actually decided to Let's Play my first game.  I've been watching his playthrough and paying attention to constructive criticism.
    I really like golems for some reason.  I just put a Compost Golem and a House Golem into my game.
    I'm playing Chrono Cross right now, and is it weird that I sort of like it more than Chrono Trigger?
    Reactions: 1 person
    Hudell
    Hudell
    I played through Cross two or three times (when I didn't know english) and had seen only one or two connections to trigger. Only when I played it again several years later did I find the real stuff.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    @Hollow 1977  As TheGamedawg easily points out, up until the sea of eden Chrono Cross does pretty much leave Trigger alone. To me it seems it's the Chrono Trigger diehards that cannot accept Cross as a decent game on it's own that give it a bad rep, yammering about precisely how different they are as games and how it doesn't live up as a sequel and fails because it doesn't. Personally to me it's the best kind of sequel, try imagining the trainwreak of hate that would have ensued (that does ensue in other sequels on a regular basis) if it had stuck to Trigger's formula, to me the fact that it is a sort of 'spiritual successor' rather than a true sequel is very much a saving grace rather than a hindrance, as sequels so rarely turn out half as great by comparison as Cross did.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Kind of same premise but new story. I actually liked it better as you had more characters to use plus different ways to use specials. Story for me though is where it fell short. It was hard to tell what was going on. It was like the took different stories and spliced them together,
    Alright, so in my game you can fight any boss in any order, and as a neat attention to detail I feel like putting in unique intro dialog for if they're the first or last boss you fight.
    To this day I still don't know what "batch entry" does.
    Zortik
    Zortik
    I explain it as "It's associated to batch processing which is when a group of files or data field/databases are processed from start to completion rather than having a user repeat the steps for each file. Like changing an excel document from .xlsx to .xls" So, a batch entry is the first stop along most automation routes ^_^

After that most people try to make the script think for itself to recognize what can be handled with a batch entry and so on.
    Zortik
    Zortik
    So in RPG Maker Animation. You're simply repeating the action you choose across a number of cells and frames. Since it's using the same logic for everything in it, it uses a batch entry to complete the task.
    What is it with wrestlers being some of my favorite RPG party members?  First Sonny from Lisa and now Greco from Chrono Cross.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    Because Greco is awesome, what could be better than a Luchador Exorcist?
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I think that would be a funny idea for a merchant, a snake that just seems to pop up in random vases/pots in dungeons. Maybe make the vase/pot look a little worn/aged.
    What would you imagine an MP restoring item called "Oasis Soda" to taste like?
    NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    It would take very fruits and tropical and first, then taste like perfume.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    I would imagine something citrusy - orange or lemon based. Or perhaps tropical like pineapple/coconut.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    I'm imagining a very watery but somehow still delicious version of Ramune.
    Is there a way to crunch up the general layout of the site?  My only problem with the new layout is how spacious everything is.
    Reactions: 1 person
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I agree! Everything was more compact before! It would be cool if some different themes were available that included some different layouts for people like us, hehe.
    What do you guys think of the name "Gaylord?"  It's one of my favorite vintage names that I've always wanted to name one of my characters.
    Alkorri
    Alkorri
    It has indeed been a time-honoured, respectable name :)  Sadly these days unless you intended it, the name might prompt some snickers 
    Is the Steam version of FF8 good?  When I return my copy to the library I kind of want to buy the digital version so I can have it on my laptop.  However I hear the Steam versions of FF games are not the greatest ports.
    TheGamedawg
    TheGamedawg
    I never played Final Fantasy at all as a kid.  Anything I knew about the series was through Kingdom Hearts, which I'm a huge fan of.  I tried 4 for the PSP for the heck of it and I ended up really liking it, so I've been gradually playing some of the other ones ever since.  So far I've played a bunch of 1, 2, 10 and Dissidia.  And I'm trying 8 now.  I am so lucky you can play these in any order.
    TheGamedawg
    TheGamedawg
    I can see why some people would hate 8.  There aren't any games in the series I've played that I've hated so far, but there are a lot of aspects to 8 that I feel could of been done better.  Junctioning is a cool mechanic, but having to draw 100 of every spell to make anything out of it is time consuming and boring.  Enemy leveling is an interesting idea, but after a while it just feels like an excuse to use the same enemies in every part of the game.  I like the whole "freelance soldiers" Seed idea, but I'm getting really tired of running around the Garden finding the important character needed to advance the plot.
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    Well, I will say this.  For me, there is one redeeming factor that doesn't make me hate it.  The music.  Characters, story and gameplay fell flat for me, personally, but the music is always superb and FF8 was no different.
    Is it just me, or is Max Level not working. I just had a character go to level 21 when the Max Level was 20.
    The face when you create an all powerful attack, but accidentally set it to "all allies" instead of "all enemies."
    Wolf Rawrrr
    Wolf Rawrrr
    aw no XD
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Lol!
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    I had something similar once. Had a group heal attack set on HP Damage rather than HP Recover. Got the whole party wiped out during testing. XD
    I made something...
    Chester
    Chester
    Seacliff
    Seacliff
    Am I the only person who still calls him Squall in Kingdom Hearts?
    TheGamedawg
    TheGamedawg
    I don't think I'll ever get used to calling him Squall, and that's only because I played Kingdom Hearts first. As a kid no less. I've been instinctively calling him "Leon" for at least half a decade before I even knew that wasn't his original name.
    My library lets you rent games, which is pretty cool. That's how I got introduced to Zero Escape, Ratchet & Crank, as well as how I got back into Pokemon. And right now, I'm renting FF8.
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    My library did that, too. I hogged their copy of Soul Caliber III because I kept renewing it. Hey, I worked there! So, pfft.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    Zero Escape > no Zero Escape confirmed!
    TheGamedawg
    TheGamedawg
    I really liked Zero Escape. I went on to buying the sequel. And I hear there's a third one in the works now.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

You know what really grinds my gears? Websites that block your access completely if you have an AdBlocker on...

I would rather skip the site than endure some popups that may give me a gnarly virus!
Guys this thread is so good and you should be reading it.
Once again have another case of an Android user losing all of their save files for all of my games after a single game update. Apparently even Yanfly's Save Core can't prevent it. Very frustrating.
Question! If anyone here has any of the Time Fantasy tiles, or the Omega Modern one, do they include character templates/bases/whatever the term is?
Had to edit the water tiles of Jason Perry's (final boss blues) beach tile set. I'm an animator now. :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbySSSigher