TheGamedawg
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I don't know why but whenever I play an RPG my favorite element is usually ice. I wonder why that is.
    TheGamedawg
    TheGamedawg
    Anyone here a Pokemon fan? What is basically the "Earth" type is ridiculously strong. Ground may be the most powerful physical typing in the whole game, with skills like Earthquake and the like. Flying types are immune you say? Just toss rocks at them instead. That's still Earth, right?
    TheGamedawg
    TheGamedawg
    Also, did you know that is there was a Pokemon with every single typing, its only weakness would be rock?
    stupid enough to like FF13
    ...then a drop of water lands next to one of them and they die. Horribly. >XD
    A very rough draft for something I want to try. The idea is that I create one of these square images for each optional character in my game depicting events that happen to them. Perhaps I could use touched up versions for Steam trading cards. These are optional characters, so they are meant to be very vague. Make the player question what's going on and maybe try to find and recruit that character to find out. https://twitter.com/TheGamedawg/status/687088156357836800
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    So these would be something they see early on and try and figure out how to get the character based on the shown image? Sounds interesting, especially if the game was in a large hub city or something.
    TheGamedawg
    TheGamedawg
    That's pretty much exactly what's going on. Coincidentally, the game does take place in a big city too.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Makes sense, If its all in a big city it encourages the player to explore every nook and cranny to find those events. Kind of piece stuff together.
    If you're ever bored see how many cabbages you can fit in your mom's car before she notices.
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Does something smell like sauerkraut in here? Nah, mom. You're just imagining!
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Hah! I'm picturing this with my mom's tiny car and the freakishly huge cabbages from the farmer's market. Would not take long before the hatch was full...
    Thanks to whoever told me to get the refine abilities first in FF8. It's really helping out.
    amaSenpai
    amaSenpai
    If you didn't know, FF8 enemies scale to your level. The first time I played I fought a tin to get magic and fights got annoying.
    PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    T_____T yeah, you can actually get Squalls most powerful weapon before you even complete the tutorial level....if you know what your doing....broken as heck. :/ ....but so awesome.
    I'm thinking of basing a character's skills around what I call "reactionary magic" which are more effective if certain conditions are met. Such as if they have X status or not, or if their attack is higher than their magical attack.
    What do you guys think of skills that restore MP... that cost MP?
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Maybe you could make the spell transfer MP from one party member to the other? That way if someone has a huge bank of MP but is not using it, they can send it over.
    Chaos Avian
    Chaos Avian
    It's sort of a moot ability since you need to get back the cost of the AND make a decent profit from it otherwise it's borderline useless. Converting TP or HP into MP works better. But spending MP to gain it? Not much of a fan.
    Ksi
    Ksi
    It depends what it does. Perhaps you have a spell that adds MP absorb to your attacks - thus if you only attack monsters that have no MP, that's your mistake. Or how about MP restore over time? Or maybe it takes from your HP in order to restore your MP. Or maybe it stops you from casting for a certain amount of turns in return for restoring your MP. Or maybe it adds MP restore to guarding.
    Playing through FF8 for the first time. I like the idea of the Junction system but I hate the Draw mechanic. Why must I spent upmost of 10 minutes per enemy type just so I can get 100 of any magic with each character? Any less and the boosts don't feel worth it.
    Chester
    Chester
    Just use Squall's limit break on everything multiple times for a sweet and easy victory and also do not farm experience or else T-Rexs will 1 shot tail-whip you.
    Crimson Dragon Inc.
    Crimson Dragon Inc.
    just junction 100 ultima's onto your defense stat.... until you learn devour and then just devour til you max all your stats
    Victor Sant
    Victor Sant
    FF8 have a bunch of wasted great mechanic concepts. The game is so f**** easy that you don't even the to use most of all it's mechanical aspects.
    There's something cool to me about skills that scale with your stats that aren't attack or magical attack. For example, I have the skill "Bodyslam" which scales with defense and "Lucky Shot" which scales with luck. Makes sense, right?
    Probotector 200X
    Probotector 200X
    Those kinds of skills are my absolute favorites. Well, when games have even more obscure stats that effect the damage formula and you have ways to boost them, that's even better!
    How much cooler would confusion be if it instead let you choose which attack you used as well as which side of the field to use it on, but its target is randomly chosen.
    Is it weird that I liked Lisa a little more than Undertale?
    Hudell
    Hudell
    I don't know about Lisa, but Undertale didn't even make it on my 2015 top 5, so.. no, it's not weird.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    Never be ashamed of what you like in comparison of others.
    Is there an easy way to make a .txt document including all the names of stuff in my database? I want a list of all of my armors so I can make notes of where you get them.
    meowchelle
    meowchelle
    Keep in mind if you want to edit anything in the .json files you have to exit the editor first or else your edits will be overwritten.
    Goldstorm
    Goldstorm
    You should make a thread about this. This would be very useful to lookup in the future. :)
    TheGamedawg
    TheGamedawg
    Alright, thanks Goldstorm.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Not too bad actually, coloring could use a little more, like making the eyelids slightly darker to help them stand out, etc and some shading here and there. Ears look a little off though, you should be seeing more of the characters left ear and less of the right or not at all. Eyes could uise some highlights unless your intention isn't to make it a "cutesy" lively character.
    TheGamedawg
    TheGamedawg
    I agree with all of this. I'm going to be doing some more later and I'll definitely keep that in mind. Luckily, this kind of art is the kind of thing you can only get better at.
    You don't fight enough save points in video games.
    Silent Darkness
    Silent Darkness
    .........you're referring to Lemon Bread.....aren't you?.....
    TheGamedawg
    TheGamedawg
    Lemon Bread is one example. Someone else brought up Chrono Trigger. There are examples out there, I just want to see more.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Does the "Mystical Quicksave" count as "fighting a save" if you made it in a bad spot at the wrong time?
    So Ni No Kuni 2? I'm pretty excited!
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    Ni No Kuni for PS3 was very good :)
    BlackestSoul
    BlackestSoul
    Never heard of the game, though looking at it now. It looks like a game i would enjoy. I do love the cel shading. If only i had a playstation i would definitely get this.

Had to laugh at this though. In the desecription of the first game, its a 4GB minimum save size? Seriously? Hahaa
    TheGamedawg
    TheGamedawg
    Yeah, Ni No Kuni is really good. It's a JRG in which you can recruit various monsters in the world (called familiars) and have them fight alongside you. Think Pokemon or Dragon Warrior Monsters, but with a battle system more similar to a Tales game. Another really cool thing about it is that all of its artwork is done by Studio Ghibli. You could probably say this for a lot of RPGs, but it's especially true for this one; it feels like you're playing an anime. The original was...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?
Been averaging 2-3 hours sleep for almost a month now. Starting to space out all the time ^^;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Azer