Recent content by TheGamedawg

1. TheGamedawg

Favorite approaches for game openings?

One of my favorite video game intros was from Golden Sun. It had that "destroy the starting village" cliche, but it handled it in a very fresh kind of way. A couple months ago I actually made a big video deconstructing this very intro.
  2. TheGamedawg

ReStaff RPG Maker 28th Birthday Edition!

Happy birthday to RM!
  3. TheGamedawg

RPG Maker MV Community Character Submissions

Oh, this sounds like it could be fun. I played around with all the default RM character creator stuff and made probably the closest to my own face I could get. Name: "Gamedawg". If you want something a bit more mundane to fit the school theme feel free to call the character by my real...
  4. TheGamedawg

I've heard about the save corruption glitch.  It never happened to me, and I hear it can only...

I've heard about the save corruption glitch.  It never happened to me, and I hear it can only happen during one room in the game. I think there are plans to bring Virtue's Last Reward to Steam at some point.  I think that'd be the best way to get if if you're still interested.  Right now VLR...
  5. TheGamedawg

Has anyone here ever played the Zero Escape games?  It's a trilogy about a group of people who...

Has anyone here ever played the Zero Escape games?  It's a trilogy about a group of people who get trapped in various facilities.  They're practically visual novel that turn into escape the room-type games occasionally.  Anyway, I've been playing through the third game in the series recently...
  6. TheGamedawg

Can we guess your character's personality by a drawing of them?

I really like this guy a lot for some reason.  He looks like a villain from a 40s cartoon, all you need to do is make him black and white.
  7. TheGamedawg

How closely does it play to Kingdom Hearts?  That was my question the second I saw that game.

How closely does it play to Kingdom Hearts?  That was my question the second I saw that game.
  8. TheGamedawg

How to encourage players to switch party members?

I would put a lot of emphasis on elements.  In particular areas, there could be a lot of enemies that are clearly at a disadvantage against one of your characters.  Basically, make it so every character has a few areas they can shine at various points in the game.
  9. TheGamedawg

Healer weapons...?

You might consider this as somewhat of a wand, but I remember once seeing a JRPG (I think it was one of the Tales games) have a character that uses one of those ball and string toys as a weapon.  The idea is that playing with it helps them concentrate with their magic.
  10. TheGamedawg

Fox weapons...?

There's a fox character in something I'm working on that's also somewhat based off a kitsune.  I have him using knives.
  11. TheGamedawg

Can we guess your character's personality by a drawing of them?

You know, it's been quite a while since I've posted anything here so how about I share a new character.  It's the guy from my current profile pic.
  12. TheGamedawg

I'm finding Sun and Moon is harder than X and Y.  Although it all really depends on your team.

I'm finding Sun and Moon is harder than X and Y.  Although it all really depends on your team.
  13. TheGamedawg

I got Popplio, though I usually don't keep my starter for the whole game.  There are about 80...

I got Popplio, though I usually don't keep my starter for the whole game.  There are about 80 new Pokemon added to this game, so the total number of them is a little over 800 now. The series has come quite a ways.  They're still a lot of fun.
  14. TheGamedawg

Bastiodon, Pangoro, Golisopod, Dhelmise, Miltank and Emolga.  Yep, that's the team I'm beating...

Bastiodon, Pangoro, Golisopod, Dhelmise, Miltank and Emolga.  Yep, that's the team I'm beating Pokemon Sun with!
  15. TheGamedawg

X & Y are still great.  Those games made me a Pokemon fan again.

X & Y are still great.  Those games made me a Pokemon fan again.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It took me 6 retries to get the color of Yoshi I wanted. 30 mins of recording. 30 mins of voice work. Probably another 20 mins of waiting in between takes. But finally I got him...
I bought a 2 week emergency food supply. And people are already making fun of me :( I'll be fed for a bit while they go hungry when food supplies get cut(for whatever reason).
Start of semester today. This is going to be a long one.
Can't wait for the next Sonichu
Birdhouses are usually made of wood. Birds typically live in trees. Trees are wood. Birdhouses are made of birdhouses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karqui