TheGentlemanLoser
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• inplaceofpoisonheat.png
    is this normal? (almost 100% of them are used, except for the layered PDNs I'll need to wield out later, yes I use paint.net, photoshop is for rich kids and gimp is for people with actual technical competence)
    Eindride
    Eindride
    Are you putting variations of the same chars in the same picture? I forgot you could do that for a long time lol. I also feel the same about the image editor programs xD
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    I'm using Chrono Engine which requires separate $Images with different suffixes for a lot of things, Marlowe for instance has 34 different images. It's an ABS so you need "suffixes" for things like _attacking and _damage combined with a simple evented visual equipment system hence $MarloweSG_act01, $MarloweRF_casting and so on.
    Eindride
    Eindride
    Oh, I guess it can't be helped then. It's not taking up much space anyway so I think it's fine
    On a lighter note (from the death animation I posted of poor anna uh... several weeks ago apparently!?) here's a nice gif of Marlowe doing a flipcock (neither a sex act nor the thing you hit in Badminton, but something you can do with a gun if you live in an action movie or video game) with his Marlin 1894C.
    flipcock.gif
    aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
    wow I cannot brain today
    • Haha
    Reactions: Nenen
    Shaz
    Shaz
    I sure know that feeling!
    Reactions: Quexp
    Quexp
    Quexp
    Hey, you spelled brain wrong. I kid; I kid! We all have days like that. On those days, I just tell people (in sarcastic tone), "No drain bamage here. Nope, not at all!"
    SigmaSuccour
    SigmaSuccour
    It can happen... after a large meal. :LZSlol:
    More blood flow towards digestion, than towards keeping the brain sharp.
    edit: third time's the charm? some graphic text I whipped up that I like for the mid-game intertitle, now with all of the actual letters in the stupid damn words I was trying to spell :uswt2:
    kcsmall.png
    I've started the first steps of the final few maps that I need to make for B:ms. I haven't been able to say that in a really, really long time. It'd probably be a good idea to blog about this or something.
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    true, it's a WIP (it's #WIPWednesday over on birdsite hell), so I'll probably tweak it some more between now and final release (I can to be a bit of a perfectionist about it since most players will get game over multiple times and I've already agonized over visual effects most players will only see once)

(oh, and this is also blown up 2x the actual size it will appear at in game as well)
    GodCiunas
    GodCiunas
    I feel like there is a creep anabell doll staring at her when this happens ;_;
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    I do have graphics for that in the game folder oddly enough (it's the spooky glowing eyed doll made by I think it was Avery?), although I had no intention of using them that way...well, not before now.
    the opportunity to make a dumb joke in response to someone's status reminded me that in condemned: criminal origins, you play as a disgraced FBI agent who immediately after being framed as a murdering psycho begins COLLECTING DEAD AND ROTTING BIRD CARCASSES to y'know, prove his innocence, like ya do.
    Anna Molly Grace.

Attachments

• Anna midres headroom.png
      Anna midres headroom.png
      113.4 KB · Views: 13
    so in my game you can smoke cigarettes which restores Nerve (Nerve is kind of like a 'Sanity Meter' except it's more about short term composure than long term "madness", run out of nerve and you Panic) but damage your Health slightly (by 5) and I just tested it and if you smoke cigarettes at like 3 Health you outright die, game over, and I'm deeply torn over whether to fix this or not.
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    Don't change it. If the player has to think about their actions, that makes the game more interesting.
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    @Cythera: you can also restore Nerve with Booze (which will eventually also get you drunk, but that's a low priority for implementation until after the core game is done), and the occasional First Aid station lets you fully restore Health & Nerve, or take Ephedrine which restores Health but costs a bit of Nerve (and can thus cause a panic attack if you use Ephedrine at very low Nerve).
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    @BK-tdm it's easy to fix, if I choose to fix it. It's very ridiculous right now, so in a game where almost nothing is funny ('s a very serious and disturbing horror game) if I choose to keep it'll because it's the one funny thing (and even then, pretty black comedy since it involves dying).
    I have like 20 years experience "frankenspriting" how you gonna put THAT on a resume?
    I worked very hard on this for a solid week (longer than that, but the amount of work that got done the week of 10/24-10/31 was CRAZY), and I feel tremendous satisfaction being able to unleash it on the unsuspecting public.

I mean release it to the public heh. Heh.
    actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
    Reactions: clownbf
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    (I was eventing while stoned--don't event while stoned--and I somehow set up the nested conditionals BACKWARDS so the game teleported in Nightgaunts to murder you unless the answer was somehow simultaneously "fire" and "Fire" AND "FIRE" all at once, a nested condition that could never be met, FUN!)
    Shaz
    Shaz
    FiRe breaks your event. So slack! :D
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    if someone feels compelled to cAmElCaSe the word for some insane reason, they can have the nightgaunt murder party, I do not care
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People3_3 added!
index.php

ScreenShot_1_3_2022_1_32_12.png
I feel QSprite for MV is underrated. I basically am able to use my chibi sideview battlers I drew on the maps and have all the motions available. this'll help a lot with cutscenes.
I've figured out how to reasonably tall-ify chibi sprites on my editor. I like that making tall sprites gives me control on expressing how tall characters seem on the field relative to each other as well as better differentiate adult sprites from child sprites.
doing some wacky experimental stuff in MV right now :kaoluv: I cannot wait to drop what I've been working on
Doing RPG Maker News for this week. (January 14th - 20th, 2022)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
000dsdsc