TheGentlemanLoser
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• what even is an effekseer....
    estriole
    estriole
    it's a free program (i think it's free if i remember right)... to create particle effect as both 2d or 3d animation... RMMZ can only use the 2d animation made using effekseer though... hope this help...
    ok so re: touch the stars jamtrap, actually all y'all needed to do was tell me that mz added a preview event route function...

I'm positive that literally *THOUSANDS* of hours of my life could have been saved if this feature had been around since 2k3! better late than never.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Do you know about the "test" option they added to events in MV as well?
    I really hope that people get when I begin this game with a big expository text crawl about the founding of Terra and the prophecy of the Chaos Star and the Lunar Crystal and the Four Chosen Heroes bla bla that I'm doing it *ironically*.
    • Wow
    Reactions: RCXDan and KazukiT
    Shaz
    Shaz
    I don't know if irony would make me sit and watch it. Unless it was funny.
    kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    Some good ways to have it come across ironically is doing things like the narrator losing track of what they are talking about, misspelling to same word multiple times (especially if it's a proper noun), having a skip option and the narrator berates you for not listening to the totally important and not generic opening, etc.
    kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    As to what Kazuki said, having a text crawl over the cutscene that says completely the wrong stuff makes for either a hilarious or obviously "the game is going to lie to you" opening.
    Is there any way to get more than 8 enemies in a troop in RMMV or is that limit pretty much hardcoded into the engine?
    Drakkonis
    Drakkonis
    It's hardcoded in the database, but I don't think there's much limit in the engine code itself. Which means for more, you'd need a plugin of some sort. I know Hime has a reinforcement plugin that might do the trick.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Please use the forum to ask for help
    Unironically, no joke, after consideration and self-reflection, I have decided that the best thing for my creative/workflow/commitment problems is to spend EVEN MOAR hours a day playing videogames than I normally do. (Micro-thread)
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    ... to get inspir'd/hyped to follow through and finish fleshing out my OWN bite-sized proof of concepts/janky alpha demos into actual games w/ substance. I feel kinda fortunate/grateful to even HAVE so much free time to "waste" playing videogames "wrong" and/or "spend" playing videogames "right", although RN in life I have this instead of a social life or my health so...meh. (End of micro thread.)
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    Try Xenogears. It might be hard to find, being old AF and no remaster, but... 60+ hours of the most complex, in-depth story with Kung Fu robots and an atmosphere so dark, Squaresoft said "That CAN NOT be Final Fantasy VII. Make a new project, please."
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    Being a game developer and playing games is important. You need to know what you like it a game and study what work and what doesn’t. I struggle with this one though.
    besides itch and occasionally here where are people doing game jams at y'all? (plz do not cross reference this with my previous status lol)
    I really lack discipline and find myself far too often giving into or at least seriously considering the temptation to start a new project rather than following through on a WIP that's no longer a shiny and new idea.

Does anyone have any strategies or tricks for making themselves follow through with things instead of doing this? Like that actually work?
    • Wow
    Reactions: RachelTheSeeker
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    thanks for the great ideas, guys, interesting stuff to think about for shizzle (I love that idea sigma)
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    So after due consideration I've decided to 'cheat' with a mini game jam, I have only 60 hours or so to make a tiny game so HOPEFULLY that should keep me from getting too excited about what I'm making and abandoning my main projects. ("It doesn't count as cheating if it's a game jam" :uswt:??)
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    A strategy that works is to make games for game jams, that keeps scope creep in check considering you have a deadline.
    is it against the rules to ask about gamedev tools/engines unrelated to anything made by Degica?
    I wish my strengths lay in creating resources, not in using resources created by others to cobble together games, I have a feeling there's WAY more money to be made around RPG Maker creating resources for gam mak than actually doing the mak-ing.
    Tamina
    I value game writing quite a bit. I have hired professional writers to work on my game before and paid them several times higher than minimum wage. So they are definitely valued and a legit position in game industry.

3/3
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    If I need money and want to make money off my art, I would just work for an employer or commission. They tend to pay well enough so I can afford rent, food and still have some money left.

This kind of paying work isn't exactly easy to find even if you're qualified! Got any promising leads fro me?
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    I have paid professional writers as well! But honestly what I paid them for I could have done myself back to wall, and if I'd been bankrolling my own company (which I wasn't, I "married well") I probably couldn't have paid them, and almost certainly couldn't have paid them so generously.

That said if you ever need any writing for your games please keep me in mind! I (obviously?) love this kinda ****.
    Reactions: Tamina
    Renaming my project and realigning its aesthetics and story elements to be less of a fangame and less retro and more stand alone and (slightly) more hifi, mainly the audio.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..
DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png
Bengawan Solo with fantasy style arrangement. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nightthrow