TheGentlemanLoser
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• I was going to work on my gam but I wound up on twitter again instead please please please never let me make this horrible mistake again! will to live fading...fading...fading
    it's really vexing when a plugin fails to work for no reason at all, like not even the fault of the plugin. I miss the spirit of self sufficiency of the old days when you'd just be like "screw it I'll event it myself". in the era of easy plugin access that seems so inefficient, even wasteful.
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    the string of dumb I've been maintaining lately I wouldn't be surprised. (altho I checked for a fifth time after your comment lol and it's not that)
    RCXDan
    RCXDan
    @TheGentlemanLoser I at least know one person that's evented all of their code themselves at least. :)
    And TBH I don't miss those days, primarily because it's still on you to make an actual decent functioning game and not a collection of plugins.
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    there was a certain innocence back then that if you're as old as I am it's hard not to miss on some level. none of us had any damn idea what we were doing, but the best of them didn't let that stop them or even slow them down. and it was glorious.
    ...ok looking at these redacted MV resources I have less questions about the oversexualized teenage girls (I mean, it's Japan) than I do about the golf clubs. SO MANY QUESTIONS about the golf clubs...why all the golf clubs, seriously...
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    in the second batch plenty of them do in fact have swords, so the makers weren't above swords in a modern setting

of the first batch of girlie pictures, at least 6/31 have golf clubs
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    these include punk chick with a golf club, fashionable chick with a golf club, improbably proportioned girl in skimpy definitely-not-golf sports outfit w/ a golf club, redhead in similar but not as bad outfit apparently leaning on a golf club, disturbingly underdressed tween gripping a golf club, and my personal favorite, scientist/doctor chick apparently dual-wielding a golf club w/ a stethoscope
    • Haha
    Reactions: Alador
    Alador
    Alador
    pff they'll make sure your heart's beating and then whack it with a golf club-

isn't golf a strange game-
    I feel a pretty unreasonable level of anxiety over the issue of people not liking me online. It's gotten worse since COVID-19 cancelled the entire world and online became everything, but I should still care less than I do.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I second Finnuval. You won't be able to please everyone so those that you can't just ignore them.
    Animebryan
    Animebryan
    Don't forget that thanks to the anonymous nature of the internet, people have become trolls & harass people for ****s 'n' giggles without worrying about consequences & repercussions for their actions. There's always going to be haters out there who hate just for the sake of hating. Don't let them get to you. :smile:
    Celestrium
    Celestrium
    I agree with everyone, don't worry about it so much. I am also so aware that logic and emotion never listen to each other right? Find your niche and people that help you feel confident and accept you. No one gets along with everyone, and like they said, some people are just antagonistic
    I have less than ten gigs of free space left on my hard drive on this compy. I am pretty sure that like 70-80% of the used space is taken up by RPG Maker resources XD
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    's not a company machine "compy" is just an old (or pergaps "old person"? idk) abbreviation for computer (on my laptop visiting my mom's place) I don't have access to any company computers* lol, companies have been warned about me

*well, let me amend that: I own the company that owns my computer lol. anyway that is very funny about the keyboard but since you work at a bank, I guess it makes sense.
    • Haha
    Reactions: Shaz
    Ryisunique
    Ryisunique
    I thought Compies were those tiny dinos from the second Jurassic Park movie.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    lol - I have never heard of a computer described as a "compy" before - and I am an old person :D
    so um, anyone know japanese and is decent at making out rock lyrics? I have this song I'm (probably?) using in my game but it's in Japanese and I have NO CLUE what the lyrics say, even tho I'm 95% sure I'm good to use the music license wise. (if no one responds I'll make a proper request topic when I'm feeling less lazy)
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Use DeepL. It gives more accurate translations than google translate.
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    I had no idea there was a thread for this but Google translate worked fine enough for translating the terms of use, it's the actual lyrics of the song that I want translated (which would be outside the scope of that thread, neh?). It is in fact a resource specifically designed for gamedev; royalty free music with lyrics is not outside of our grasp! Royalty free music with ENGLISH lyrics I haven't found any of...yet!
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    Anyway, someone very kindly offered to help translate (this is a friendly place). Even if for some reason I couldn't use the song in my game I'm now just plain curious what it says.
    I have been making games for way too long (about two decades) to have finished as few games as I have finished. My New Year's resolution is to freaking FINALLY FINISH ANYTHING.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I love how I can look up a problem I'm having with my game, find a post from like six years ago that addresses the issue, and the solution provided still works in RPG Maker.
It's times like those that my life feels really easy XD
Change costumes with equipment!
When you're forced to make a tutorial for something obvious.
246907756_284595507001402_2098549601125689312_n.jpg
one dislike. tragic really ofended me bruh
i only have one decent song and i dont even think it fits for a video game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PsykoPony