TheoAllen
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Expectation: Design/dev a game for the game jam | Reality: "These codes suck, why did I do it this way? lemme fix this. Also what if I add feature xyz because... well, I can."
    Social distancing extended for another week. Personally I'm cool, but this is depressing.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Yeah, we are under indefinite shelter in place. I don't mind when I think of people like my parents and others who are at high risk, but it's getting harder some days.
    Tfw, almost hitting 3 digit hours of playtime but you haven't complete a single game bcz the early game is more fun than the late game, so u keep restarting.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I rarely make it to two digit hours these days. Beat days gone two times but aside from that...I honestly can't remember the last time I've actually finished playing any game, but I'm fairly certain I was a teenager at the time.
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    There's two games I made it to 4 digit hours in: GMod and Minecraft. Generally, I rarely even reach 3 digits. The last game I actually finished was probably Persona 5. I rarely ever get fully through a game.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    My only 4 digit hours in-game probably just Skyrim. Although that probably a combination of legal and illegal playtime.
    Legit question: What is animal crossing and why it's so popular?
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    @Riazey so wait it moves on real time? Does that mean if you play an old file from an older AC game right now it would say X amount of years have passed since your last visit? Or something to that effect?
    Reactions: Riazey
    Riazey
    Riazey
    Yep! That's exactly what that means! Your town would be OVERGROWN with weeds, you'd have lost friendships with your villagers, many would have moved away or new villagers moved in. Everyone will make a comment on it "Where have you been!?" Maintaining friendships with your villagers and doing requests/checking the shops every irl day for new furniture and clothes is actually kind of addicting.
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    @Riazey that is legitimately surprising and opens my eyes to its appeal alot more
    Reactions: Riazey
    Why every single game needs you to create an account for them? Especially when it just an offline single player game.
    Reactions: RachelTheSeeker
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Why I basically stopped buying new games.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    So they can collect some kind of information from the player. The trick is you already click an accept button.
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    In Borderlands 3, there is a fake in-game EULA/TOS thing that is pretty much a parody of this. It's pretty funny.
    One thing I never understand is why I can not comment to @CraneSoft status update while the mod has a cheat ability to do so.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, you know... A mod is a god, except 1/3 is different.
    tale
    tale
    Under Privacy Setting, CraneSoft sets Allow users to…
    Post messages on your profile page: Nobody
    Mods are Somebody
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    That was a funny setting I never even aware of was defaulted to Nobody, lul..
    School shuts for a for a few weeks. Even tho I'm not going to school anymore, it will feel different not to hear the bell ringing from afar to wake me up :|
    The world is on outbreak while I'm addicted to playing Vampyr. So fitting and so immersive, somehow.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    You can lose access to shops\vendors by killing people or letting a district become overrun by monsters though. If you eat Pipa, for example, her boyfriend becomes depressed and refuses to sell to anyone again. Don't want to ruin too much though, since I think this is perhaps one of the best parts of the game.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Ah bummer. I thought i could get all the exp, but not apparently. I guess i'd just pick the highest blood quality if im doing evil plan.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Oh, you can do that if you wait till you earn the highest mesmerism level, then go back and eat everyone in one go without resting, because district stability\health is only calculated when you sleep.
    How not to design a game: Introduce the first boss battle after 7 hours into the game.
    Whenever I heard "Animal Crossing", I always think of frogger but frog replaced with another animal :/
    Tag: hack and slash | gameplay: point and click. Me: "How tf two are related to each other?"
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    Ever play Spirit Tracks or Phantom Hourglass? Because they're exactly that.
    tfw, after your game being intensively played by many people, after 5 years, patch after patch released, suddenly an innocent person reported another bug.
    • Sad
    Reactions: Kovos_Datch
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Did you actually think they had all been found? :headshake:

Unless it breaks the game, just call it an undocumented feature, and give the person a 'Star Trek' prize for going where no man (, woman or orc) has gone before :)
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    It doesn't break the game, it doesn't crash, it just ... have an unintended funny consequence :guffaw:
    Shaz
    Shaz
    then it's definitely an undocumented feature!
    That moment when you hyped for mini game contest bcz you just have the right mechanic idea, only to realize you're using VXAce.
    Reactions: dreamfall887
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    You mean you don't want to learn an entire new scripting language just for a meaningless badge next to your name? :kaomad2: Haha, entirely fair. And yes, MV's map editor is an abomination. I just use Krita and I setup a brush to paint ground tiles and I copy/paste objects. Though MV does have a Tiled plugin if you want to use that editor instead.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Using a separate editor is inconvenient. Also, I have already released 2 plugins for MV, if you missed those :v (although, I abandoned one of them)
    dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    yeah i like VX ACE because I use it so easily. MV has more options but I find it a little bit intimdating. I miss Yanfly and Echo :(
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I got tired of not having an avatar image. Couldn't think of anything cool. So I'm just using my game's antagonist instead... How original. At least both of our names start with C?
Expectation: Design/dev a game for the game jam | Reality: "These codes suck, why did I do it this way? lemme fix this. Also what if I add feature xyz because... well, I can."
Did my first script call in an event! :kaopride: It's completely useless and just because I thought it'd be cute if looking at clocks in-game made the character say the real-world time, but it's fully functional scripting and I did it all by myself!
Stream will be going live shortly! I will be playing Resident Evil 3 Remake, and then I will be switching to a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Spent all day working on something that ultimately has nothing "flashy" to show at the end of it. But that sense of achievement...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartelStef