TheoAllen
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Cursed problem: Multiple language switches. Say, you want to switch to EN language from JP but you have no idea where the language switch in JP menu language.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    The problem isn't finding the language in the menu, it's finding the menu to change the language in the first place. At least, that's been my experience.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    @Sharm I mean that is exactly what I'm saying.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I thought so, but some of the responses seemed to be talking about something a little different. I think the flag thing can work. If a website has a flag in the corner, I assume it means that I'll get a language menu if I click on it.
    It's almost a month since MZ is announced. Wow'd yet?
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    That's pretty much where I'm at. Unless MZ has some incredible changes, it's going to take ages to catch up to what MV already has. Might as well just keep improving MV.
    LTN Games
    LTN Games
    Yup, MZ will need the Yanfly/Vistuella crew to be fast and productive otherwise people won’t jump to MZ very quickly. I have huge plans for MV and still plan to port/try MZ but MV has so much potential it just needs some love that’s all.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    It will be interesting to see how all of that plays out. If Kadokawa and Degica are smart, they would hand some MZ copies to Yanfly/Vistuella in advance so those plugins are around at release. Then again a lot of people don't program, and actually use the RTP stuff. Maybe that will be enough to get people interested. So far MZ feels like reinventing the wheel to me, with new assets attached.
    I hate AM/PM system. It gets awkward when they have 12:30 AM and 12:30 PM. Why not just people stick at 24 hours format.
    Thread idea with a poll: Em-Zed or Em-Zee?
    Now I miss 90's era :(
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm glad MIDI is gone though.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I won't be gone though.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah, I know. But you know, the fact that the sound was different from synthesiser to synthesiser is something I won't really miss. Some synthesisers sounded really good though, that is true. :D
    What is the difference between status effect and states?
    Why no one endorse flat earth idea? isn't it nice that we don't have to deal with different timezone? :(
    I always forget that most of websites have "Back to top" button. I always scroll my way through to the top than clicking them :(
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Kes, first, looks at the top-left screen which is icon of 3 lines. Next, look under Find Threads. Finally, it is under Forum tabs. Are you see it now? If not, I sent the pictures to your pm.
    Kes
    Kes
    @Kupotepo Ah, the thing is, I only have the 3 lines icon on my phone (where indeed there is the 'My threads' option). It doesn't appear when I'm on my laptop.
    Riazey
    Riazey
    Even if there is a back to top and I wanna go up to it, I always grab that sidebar and yeet it up... must be some wierd ocd thing I HAVE to do it haha.
    Sometimes, it's so hard to resist
    "this boss is too easy, what if I add more gimmicks". Then I remember most of my players might be already dying fighting the boss.
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    There's a big difference between "too easy" and "too samey"! Sometimes the challenge is in the right place, but the boss is just too boring - and you can give them more interesting (not necessarily more powerful) moves, or even gimmicks that work in favor of the player.
    Qeo
    Qeo
    @Kuro DCupu

Depends on the game. If the whole game is intended to be harder then a normal game alright, but to make every boss OP in what is supposed to be a normal RPG that would just be weird.
    Qeo
    Qeo
    @Kupotepo

I think for a normal RPG easy bosses should be early game only, then gradually become hard. Most video games have some sort of challenge involved, otherwise it's more an interactive story. You can still see what happens in games that are challenging on youtube.
    So ms store had an idea to nuke the the entire app when the file integrity is slightly broken.
    BCj
    BCj
    So, your progress gets reset? Mess.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Yes unfortunately
    Expectation: Working on boss battle.
    Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    Literally me for the past 2 years, except replace expectation with "Any Progress".
    What if I start to make final boss first then crawl down from there to make lesser bosses
    Avery
    Avery
    Would be an interesting game concept as well... first you beat the big boss, then you have to find and tackle his minions while you get weaker and more tired with every fight...
    Qeo
    Qeo
    A game where the enemy gets less threatening every battle sounds like something I would pay to Not play.
    Eibon
    Eibon
    a game where level is lost of power and you grow weaker and weaker is actually an idea i have had but that i dont want to ellaborate lol
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yo Ho Ho... Time flies when you are having rum...

I'm rewatching Glee, just watched grilled cheesus.
Now I'm not sure if I'm hungry or I want to cry.
I just completed Ara Fell - completing the game unlocks an Epilogue. An interesting thing to possibly consider for my games.
I decided to try to make a mucha-styled artwork, and by now I've sunk more time in studies and sketches than I usually do in the whole thing. Fingers crossed it's worth it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeoWolf