w/o context, what's on ur mind listening to this? Jul 21, 2018 at 1:41 PM

TheoAllen was last seen:
Jul 21, 2018 at 2:17 PM
    1. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Milennin
        Milennin
        For an RPG, maybe some spiritual otherwordly plane that you travel to with minimalistic, soft- and light-coloured tileset.
        Jul 21, 2018 at 6:06 PM
      3. shadefoundry
        shadefoundry
        I hear this and think "ruined castle that was the site of a great disaster", but that might be influenced by the fact that I'm working on a map for that.
        Jul 21, 2018 at 8:37 PM
      4. AquaDog
        AquaDog
        The one final fantasy dungeon where they start dropping all the plot and exposition on you.
        Jul 21, 2018 at 9:59 PM
    2. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Tried to take a peek on MV js code. Not bad, but I kinda wanna puke cz I'm getting a flash back when the first time learning rgss3.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        We have RGD if it's about faster rendering, but I get your point.
        Jul 21, 2018 at 10:00 AM
      4. Jaymonius
        Jaymonius
        Just gotta approach JS at your own pace. VX Ace is more cooler anyway. ;)
        Jul 21, 2018 at 12:03 PM
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Was looking at MV for the RTP resource if I could transfer it to my Ace game. But looked at the js along the way.
        Jul 21, 2018 at 12:35 PM
        Marsigne likes this.
    3. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Alien attacked Earth. And the first place they attacked is either New York or Tokyo.
      2. IguanaGuy
        IguanaGuy
        I loved watching old Godzilla movies. How many times they had to rebuild Tokyo from that beast...
        Jul 20, 2018 at 12:00 PM
      3. richter_h
        richter_h
        Sir, we forgot Hong Kong.
        Jul 20, 2018 at 12:09 PM
      4. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        If they have the technology to travel through space over long distances, it's likely they have the technology to just wipe us out completely.
        Jul 20, 2018 at 1:54 PM
    4. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Sometimes idk whether to use someone's resources cz it works better or original one for sake of originality cz I'm a proud person.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. AquaDog
        AquaDog
        same....Saaaaaame
        Jul 19, 2018 at 9:39 PM
        Marsigne likes this.
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        why I feel like it deserves its own topic.
        Jul 19, 2018 at 9:41 PM
        Marsigne likes this.
    5. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      What language does deaf people use when they're thinking in their mind?
      1. cabfe likes this.
      3. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        I think it depends a lot on wether a person is born deaf or became deaf. If they became, it means they are probably thinking in whatever is their strongest language.
        Jul 19, 2018 at 11:35 AM
        Philosophus Vagus and Marsigne like this.
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        I'm referring to born deaf, not became deaf. Bcz the answer for the latter is more obvious.
        Jul 19, 2018 at 11:37 AM
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. Kunaired
        Kunaired
        Sign Language
        Jul 19, 2018 at 1:47 PM
        Marsigne likes this.
    6. manana12
      manana12
      Good to see you're back Theo, I didn't work on rpg maker for some time, I was using your battle module on vx ace and loved it. Sadly I'm currently working on MV and I kept looking for a system that was as dynamic as yours but no luck. Wish you've been well!
      1. Marsigne and TheoAllen like this.
      2. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Hi, idk who you are but thanks for using mine and for the greet. Good luck with whatever you're doing :D
        Jul 18, 2018 at 1:10 PM
        Marsigne, AdamSakuru and manana12 like this.
    7. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Great. Now I think I need to rewrite almost everything in my game, which essentially recreate the story and scenario again.
      1. Marsigne and MushroomCake28 like this.
      3. Dinamic Creates
        Dinamic Creates
        Please just don't do this a lot, or you will never end. It's okay to go back and restart, but not more than once per project.
        Jul 18, 2018 at 6:48 AM
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        @MushroomCake28 just the story, cz all these dialog need to be revamped. But it means also the game scenario / scene sequence.

Frankly speaking tho, the gameplay design also too small to hold this scope that I didn't expect the story turned to be even bigger than before. But I kinda don't want to redo it lol
        Jul 18, 2018 at 7:54 AM
        Marsigne and MushroomCake28 like this.
      5. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        @Dinamic Creates it's ok, I already finished a game. I just want to make something different for different experience.
        Jul 18, 2018 at 7:56 AM
        Marsigne and Dinamic Creates like this.
    8. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      All these times, I just realized concept art is really important.
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
      2. shadefoundry
        shadefoundry
        All of my concept art is done on napkins and the backs of receipts, since for some reason all of my inspiration comes when I'm at the pub.
        Jul 18, 2018 at 1:20 AM
    9. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Som1 said that my basic module script are messy. I won't deny it, although it works. So, why I care lol. I don't fix it if it aint broke.
      1. MushroomCake28 likes this.
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        True, but to be fair it was the result of me try to learn how to code, which at that time I had no idea what was happening. But it works anyway
        Jul 17, 2018 at 9:09 AM
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. ??????
        ??????
        you could always rewrite now, if you feel you have a better understanding :)
        Jul 17, 2018 at 9:49 AM
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Not necessary though, it's already easy to use, just use method x and it will works, it just not easy to read the source lol. im just too lazy to reverse engineering it
        Jul 17, 2018 at 10:05 AM
        Marsigne likes this.
    10. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      "Death of one person is a tragedy. Death of many people is a statistic" - idk where it comes from.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        @Mystic_Enigma it's a statement on how society reacts to death. 19 year old dies from a rare disease, entire community comes out to comfort her kin. 12 kids kill each other in Chicago, life goes on, 13 died last week.

This doesn't mean that the deaths matter less, but people tend to tune out the more normative instances and allow their emotions to run wilder the more unusual. It's a harsh phrase but it's not wrong.
        Jul 16, 2018 at 7:45 PM
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        @samkfj @richter_h an old newspaper credits the quote to Stalin but it was referenced as early as the 16th century in the work "death: a poetic essay" by ecclestical scholor Beilby Porteus. I don't know whether Stalin ever really said it or not, but he was himself quoting others if he did.
        Jul 16, 2018 at 7:52 PM
        Marsigne and samkfj like this.
      5. Gabrelik
        Gabrelik
        Credit to Stalin, but I remember it mostly clearly from Marilyn Manson's, "The Fight Song". :)

Jul 16, 2018 at 9:55 PM
    11. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Musics are harder to appreciate, because you need to spare your time, listening it. Graphics in other hand, can be appreciated easier.
      1. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        I find both to be about the same for me. I see them in about the same amount of detail, further details catched when taking my time.
        Jul 16, 2018 at 12:29 PM
    12. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Tfw, I thought my game from years ago is already bug free. After replaying it, I managed to break it AGAIN.
      1. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Now to update or not to update, hmm....
        Jul 15, 2018 at 9:44 PM
      2. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        Same. I was like "wtf, I swear this didn't happen before!". Bugz just... appear.
        Jul 15, 2018 at 9:56 PM
        cabfe likes this.
      3. richter_h
        richter_h
        No game is free of bugs, anyway; the only thing doable is to press the number of bugs to minimum.

Also, if I were you, I would just put those in the least important list and work on another planned project (but who am I anyway?)
        Jul 15, 2018 at 11:08 PM
    13. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      There're two legendary spot in anime. One is school rooftop, another one is a seat near the window in a class.
      1. cabfe likes this.
      2. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        I'm not sure why the school's rooftop is so popular. Why don't they have access closed off? If it's so popular, why aren't there more students up there?
        Jul 14, 2018
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Rooftop might actually not popular. Cz u basically have nothing to do, unlike class / canteen. It's nothing there, but it's a perfect spot if you want a quiet place.

Since it's quiet place, it's also a good spot for 'philosophical' talk or 'quiet before the storm'
        Jul 14, 2018
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        You don't want that window seat if you are an anime character, it means your life is about to get crazy.
        Jul 14, 2018
        SpaceBot likes this.
    14. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Is it too late to revise my char design years after the release, lol?
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        They will appear in new title. Although one of em is a direct sequel that has continued timeline.
        Jul 14, 2018
      4. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Again, not to weird as long as their is a noticeable time difference in the story between the two entries.
        Jul 14, 2018
      5. Arcmagik
        Arcmagik
        Character designs and/or actors have never been switched years after something has been on-going. Never! Unheard of... oh wait. Yeah it's fine.
        Jul 14, 2018
    15. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      ... How terrible is that I just recently found a bug on my published script that I should've squashed it YEARS ago. *Bang head on the wall*
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        :guffaw: Good luck with your Shelob!
        Jul 13, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      3. Traveling Bard
        Traveling Bard
        If it took you & others this long to find it, doesn't that make it a feature at this point? Call it an update to an old script vs a bug fix :p
        Jul 13, 2018
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Hmm... update seems make more sense. And makes it looks 'professional' than a 'bug fix' after YEARS of span.
        Jul 13, 2018
    16. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Listening to a foreign music is no different than listening to pure instrument cz u have no idea what is the lyrics about.
      2. richter_h
        richter_h
        You know, that Rose Queen song? Can't tell if there's actual singing in there.

also that's one of my current jam for the mood
        Jul 12, 2018
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        @TheoAllen Actually, I can. I can't remember who it was, but they make music for anime for sure, they made songs where the lyrics were made-up language, so in essence, gibberish. I still enjoy them and they would not be the same without their vocal component.
        Jul 13, 2018
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Hmm... good point. But what about if vocal is completely replaced by non vocal? So only the essence of melody remain exist, like this?
        Jul 13, 2018
    17. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      There're so many story plot tried to erase humanity cz it corrupts. But mostly failed cz of many reasons. That's why humanity still corrupt.
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @starlight dream Tyranny on PC is about that; you are one of the servants of the Overlord helping to conquer the very last free nation in the world. Bound by Flame is also set when all hope is lost, and the bad guy's undead army has wiped out most life.
        Jul 12, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        @The Stranger They sound fun to play^^
        I think an aftermath offers more plot options, rather than trying to take the villain down before he destroys everything.
        But the latter gives a more feel-good ending :p
        Jul 12, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
      5. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        I really hope someone make it. Although idk if it sell well :p
        Jul 12, 2018
    18. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Tried Halcyon 6, cool concept, but idk what makes it kinda unsatisfying to play.
    19. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Tfw, majority of my songs in playlist sung by female singer.
      1. SpaceBot and Philosophus Vagus like this.
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        It's a sort of "I just realized", or "why I can't have the opposite?". unless you literally translate it as "that feel when". I feel like the usage of the expression changed overtime, and I have no problem with that.
        Jul 10, 2018
        atoms and Philosophus Vagus like this.
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        @TheoAllen I thought TFW meant "the fact when" for the longest time and have thus also used it consistently incorrectly.
        Jul 10, 2018
        atoms and TheoAllen like this.
      5. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Jul 10, 2018
    20. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      The status update rules forbid me to use other language than English. Will I get banned if use Dragon language here?
      1. AquaDog likes this.
      3. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        @bgillisp I think they are referring to the dragon language from Skyrim...
        Jul 10, 2018
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        It's ok, Dragons in Skyrim also growling too.
        Jul 10, 2018
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are tasty and go well with ketchup.
        Jul 10, 2018
  • About

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Signature

Founder of :
    [​IMG]
    My stuffs :
    My Games :