Reactions: CleanWater and Bex
    RianQuenlin
    RianQuenlin
    I'd like a different question.
    The different question:
    1659963892763.png
    gstv87
    gstv87
    can't find the video, but there was a comedy spoof of this a few years back.
    a teacher is sued for failing a kid who wrote 2+2=22, and everyone sides with the kid.
    when she's discharged by the school and they want to pay her severance, the lawyer states "this amount of years in service equals 4", and she goes "nope... that's 22!"
    CleanWater
    CleanWater
    Are we talking about maths or javascript? :guffaw:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Alador
    TheoAllen, I have a musical challenge for you!

Can you sequence the instrumental version of Kaze Fuuiteiru (From Street Fighter II Victory anime)? I love this song, but never found any clear instrumental version of it! :biggrin:
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Thanks for sharing. It definitely a good song. However, it isn't a type of a song where I would immediately want to make a MIDI sequence of it, and I'm not up for a challenge nowadays :)
    PR: "Over 30 Millions players worldwide"
    Reality: "More than 3/4 of the accounts never returned, 1000 average concurrent players (or less)".
    • Haha
    Reactions: CleanWater and Ami
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Even more fun when they use "accounts" instead of "players". They stop citing the statistic when accounts have a monthly fee... and people who quit playing... cancel their accounts so they no longer play (*coughWorldofWarcraftcough*).
    CleanWater
    CleanWater
    I know well this PR strategy! :guffaw:
    Sirius270
    Runescape? xD
    There are two kinds of people.
    Screenshot_1615.jpg
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Just to be contrarian: The third type of person! "Remove level ups, but keep experience points and stat gains!". Or "Keep level ups, but remove experience points and stat gains!". Ah people, they come in all the strange flavors of the rainbow.
    Animebryan
    Animebryan
    I remember Star Ocean 3 having a level max of 255 (good ol' FF in hexadecimal). It's not that big of a deal if the amount of EXP required to level up isn't too demanding and/or there's methods to boost EXP earned, etc.
    Animebryan
    Animebryan
    Then there are games like Final Fantasy 2 that tried to throw the leveling system out the window for direct stat upgrades based on their in battle usage, which lead to players abusing it to stat grind early in the game.
    Five years later, I still can't believe I sequenced this entire song into a MIDI purely by listening (no music cheat sheet). I can't do this anymore nowadays.

I replayed my own game that I forgot everything about it. I think I accidentally made the boss too hard.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    There's no boss that is too hard, there are only mechanics that are insufficiently abused :p
    No one:
    Physicist: "Assume the cat is perfectly spherical... "
    gstv87
    gstv87
    .......aren't they?
    TeiRaven
    TeiRaven
    I remember similar questions in calc, namely how to calculate a fence length for a parabolic flower garden and finding the volume of a loudspeaker. For the latter, I said "check the dial," and my teacher laughed but marked it wrong XD
    Mystic_Enigma
    Mystic_Enigma
    Oh please, everyone knows that Cats are a liquid!
    • Haha
    Reactions: BK-tdm
    Werewolves have transformation sequences and their stories usually revolve around self-discovery and are therefore magical girls.
    Tell me that I'm not the only one who hyped for Starfield. 2023 can't come too soon.
    Reactions: twosnakes
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    @ATT_Turan did F76 ruin that for you or it was something else?
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    I've been disappointed to varying degrees by every one of their games I've played. The only one I liked without reservation was the Doom reboot (and then the sequel pooped all over that).
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Oh, it is just a matter of taste then.
    What I said: "Graphics don't matter"
    What I mean: "You can turn off post-processing, anti-aliasing, bloom, etc, and put that on lowest setting"
    What I don't mean: "A lame unsatisfying swing animation"
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    This is also the reason why I never get into a popular game like 7D2D.
    Ami
    Ami
    or GTA Definitive Edition

i'm the Veteran in SA, never play the 3 & VC, playing the Original is enough for me rather than the Remake, Remaster or... wathever it is
    You have 6 numbers for PIN and 10 numbers of input. This means, for the rest of your life, you will at least never press the other 4 numbers.
    Arguing on the internet is literally turn-based combat.
    I've been extending some of my music from 1 minute to 3-4 minutes. And so far, this is my personal best

I miss drawing, so I doodled this girl for no particular reason.
    darknellaspear.jpg
    No one:
    Steam reviews:

"I just played a few bits, I enjoyed it" - a random person with 700+ hours of playtime.
    Avery
    Avery
    Maybe the person just had the game open in the background all time... as I have with RMMZ xD
    Reactions: Nenen
    Nenen
    Nenen
    I'd have the opposite problem.
    Steam doesn't do a good job tracking Offline play, (as it pretty much doesn't) so a game might even claim I haven't really played it, but I have the achievements and screenshots to prove otherwise :p
    Sometimes I feel like a complete outliner. I'm here, yet I don't play JRPG or even RPG in general that much.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    oh, don't worry I'm just ranting about how J games are that saturated in the genre regardless of whether you are making a silly joke or not. Like, I'm wondering if they are even capable of making grand strategy games or sandbox games. So far they are focused on narration, character, linear arcade, and puzzles.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Now to answer your question. I'm mainly playing games where I could express myself instead of walking through a predetermined path (non-linear games, not to be confused with multiple ending games). These games are usually like, building games (base building, base siege, simulation, etc), or strategy games. I could solve the game problem using my own solution rather than being a predetermined puzzle solution.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    That, in my opinion, is where I feel like I'm actually playing games. :D

As for the games I'm making, that is an entirely different story. The majority of the element I mentioned did not present in the game I'm making. Making games is like building a roller coaster track where the train is the players. I like to see how they move through my track (i.e, a guinea pig) :D
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can hopefully move onto doing visual effects and sound design now. :kaophew:

The latest RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue starts now! Let's jump into Kamigami: Clash of the Gods!

Title Screen 100% Finished
Evangeline.png
I'm starting to enjoy doing pixel art! Not to mention it's getting easier to do commissions :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrMomake