TheoAllen
Last Activity:
Mar 26, 2019 at 11:21 AM

Awarded Medals 1

Share This Page

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades, Male, from Riftverse

Veteran

Why I feel like the "Features" section in your game page is basically a TLDR version of the entire page. Mar 26, 2019 at 8:34 AM

TheoAllen was last seen:
Mar 26, 2019 at 11:21 AM
    1. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Working on a game. Expecting the to do list go smaller. No, it's the opposite.
      1. mishakoc, Shaz, Drifter92 and 4 others like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        It's a vacuum now.
        Jan 23, 2019
      4. TWings
        TWings
        Mine is kinda balanced, getting as much done as I add new stuff. So not getting bigger, but not smaller either. lol
        Jan 23, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. cabfe
        cabfe
        At some point (rather early), you have to stop adding new things and concentrate on making the ones you have work, or you'll never end!
        Jan 24, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
    2. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      So, you want to reverse engineering the autotiles
      1. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        That's a lot.
        Jan 23, 2019
    3. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      I thought I was developing a colorblind. Turned out I set the layer in a different mode so that the blue doesnt look like a blue
      1. View previous comments...
      2. samkfj
        samkfj
        Hmm--perhaps. I don't know the discord server, maybe there's a place I can look it up. Been interested to see who's actually on there.
        Jan 22, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        I found out was colorblind last year, when I asked my girl where the 'green' mug was. It's blue... apparently it's always been blue...
        Jan 22, 2019
        samkfj and Marsigne like this.
      4. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        RIP, that can happen.
        Jan 23, 2019
    4. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Am I the only one who hate to play RM games in full screen? Also,I dont like it when a game forces me to fullscreen bcz they think I want.
      2. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Nope. Fullscreen.
        Jan 18, 2019
      3. Milennin
        Milennin
        I always play games in (windowed) fullscreen. I don't really get why anyone would play in a smaller windowed version...
        Jan 19, 2019
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        The problem with RM games is there's hardly one that could immerse me. Most of them required little to no attention, so that the distraction is what I want (like observing chat group while playing). Unlike other games that require you to pay attention to the surrounding. Or the one that has keyboard+mouse full control.
        Jan 19, 2019
    5. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Me: Can't get bothered with a fancy graphics if im still questioning my game contents | Also me: *continue to make flashy animations*
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        It's good to mix the hard boring stuff with the fun immediate gratification stuff.
        Jan 18, 2019
    6. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Have a deep thought since the element discussions with @Wavelength in other day,
      1. Wavelength likes this.
      2. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        Looks like a very clean and "effective" way to present this information!

Putting the element rate info at the player's fingertips allows you to position your Elements mechanic as a legitimate strategic tool.
        Jan 17, 2019
        TheoAllen likes this.
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        True. During the test play I only remember some enemies resisting and weak against, but even with that, I forgot how much was the modifier. Putting it this way feels better :D
        Jan 17, 2019
    7. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      "If u lined up <random body part> they'd be <insert number> km long" is getting boring. Ofc u can even stretch ur own atoms for that long :p
      1. Gabrelik
        Gabrelik
        Did you know, if you lined people up and wrapped them around the earth...most of them would drown?
        Jan 16, 2019
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        How would they drown if they're wrapped around the Earth? After all, God said the Earth was flat! :p
        Jan 17, 2019
        Gabrelik likes this.
    8. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Can't get bothered with fancy graphics and stuff if I'm still questioning my game contents.
      2. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        Jan 16, 2019
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Jan 16, 2019
        Kupotepo likes this.
      4. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        Jan 16, 2019
    9. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      There're two sources of motivation: By looking at how good ppl at doing stuff. Or by looking at how bad ppl at doing stuff.
      2. TWings
        TWings
        That's probably true for competitive people. I just do what I like/want regardless of what other people are doing. That's the only motivation I need. :)
        Jan 13, 2019
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I have most certainly done both of those. I also believe firmly that one shouldn't wait for motivation, but expect it to be there when you both are supposed to show up to work and work anyway if it doesn't.
        Jan 13, 2019
      4. Seirein
        Seirein
        Nah, this is how you realize that there's *plenty* of games with glaring flaws that get mindlessly worshipped, while good games get slandered by the same people for the most idiotic reasons (if not outright lies).
        Jan 13, 2019
    10. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      If the character in any anime show said "Did we get them?". The 99% of the time probably not.
      2. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        Don't forget the spectators telling you exactly what's going on like what moves people are using and what they do, even though we may already know.
        Jan 12, 2019
      3. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        And not just in anime. It seems to be a universal law across all media. :D
        Jan 12, 2019
        MushroomCake28 likes this.
      4. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        *Fights against a character boss, has 50k Hp. He then joins your party and has 3k Hp...
        Jan 12, 2019
        Matseb2611 likes this.
    11. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Plan: I shud rly start to continue my project | Reality:
      1. Elliot404 likes this.
      3. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        They are indeed messy. I tried once to figure out the whole thing, but it just takes too much time so I didn't see the point.
        Jan 12, 2019
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        It means you don't need it. I figured out these things because I want to do something about it.
        Jan 12, 2019
      5. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        Yeah I don't really need it. I was however motivated by my pure curiosity lol.
        Jan 12, 2019
    12. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      If you feel like you're not talented on something, remember, mutation can happens.
      1. Finnuval, Thothdan and Hyouryuu-Na like this.
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        When has real life mutation ever been beneficial though?

Also, adaptation is the evolution of the individual, and also sounds better than mutation.
        Jan 10, 2019
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        *happen
        Jan 10, 2019
      5. Vance Raehart
        Vance Raehart
        I want to be mutant creature with claws, fangs and wings to fly around terrorize people. That sounds like mutation worth having
        Jan 10, 2019
        TheoAllen likes this.
    13. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      ya know animating is fun
      1. Plueschkatze likes this.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        That's why everybody uses defaults, huh :p
        Jan 7, 2019
      3. mishakoc
        mishakoc
        It can be fun if you know what you're doing. This one sure looks fun.
        Jan 7, 2019
    14. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      If you expect a freedom of voice, you should also expect freedom of action from the others.
      1. samkfj likes this.
      3. J0pac
        J0pac
        I agree.It's your right to get insulted,apsolutly.But that doesn't mean I or anybody else should be silenced because it's insulting to you(not you specifically).Because again, we can't regulate what's insulting(hate speech),cause everyone can find something that'll be offensive to them.
        And in the end why should I care If you'll get insulted.
        Jan 5, 2019
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Because at some point you will be at the disadvantage.
        Jan 5, 2019
      5. J0pac
        J0pac
        Hmmm I think I understand what you were trying to say from the start now! Tho I don't know how I feel about that XD.
        Jan 5, 2019
    15. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      One months off of my gamedev. Rly want to continue, but still burntout from constant revisions. Now, I'm questioning my designing skill.
      1. Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      2. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        If you keep going back to redo things, you will never finish.
        Jan 2, 2019
        Fernyfer775 and Sauteed_Onion like this.
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        That is what everyone going to say, but I don't want my excuse is going to be "because I want to finish it" when something is not going well.
        Jan 2, 2019
        samkfj likes this.
    16. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Not sure if anyone plays GBF here but I remixed their OST. I think I'm addicted to synth type instruments _:3
      1. Uzuki likes this.
    17. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      While JS is more robust and powerful, I still find Ruby is more fun to write than JS.
      2. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Class keyword is definitely a thing. But is it usable to dev MV plugins? that's something need to verify.
        Dec 30, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      3. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        It should be usable. The main thing is that MV deploys with a browser that runs the JS version with the class feature.
        Dec 30, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        can I create alias function within class bracket like in ruby? or do I need to store prototype function using prototype keyword like how it used to be?
        Dec 30, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    18. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Replaying back space ranger 2, this game never gets old.
      1. Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Yeah, I wouldn't mind missiles, but usually I encounter a situation by 3006 where the missiles barely cause any damage to my dominator opponents. They also barely cause any damage to me (although through the middlegame there's just so many missile dominators that the damage piles up). As such they're completely irrelevant to me in the end.
        Dec 28, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        But I can agree that surviving in close combat is not easy in SR1 and SR2. Without AOE weapons it's impossible to take on groups of enemies, although if you have 800 hull and deal 360 AOE damage per turn (hard to achieve tho), survival is not that hard anymore and I can essentially clear star systems on my own at this point.
        Dec 28, 2018
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        As for repairs, I have never had any problems with expenses. Pirate bases offer you a substantial discount even if you just destroy dominator ships (since destroyed ships increase your pirate rating) and hence every repair is quite cheap for me as long as I sustain the combat and destroy ships regularly. I don't even need to be a pirate to achieve 64% pirate rating and therefore 64% discount for fix.
        Dec 28, 2018
    19. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      152MB packs. 3MB for the actual packs, and the rest of MBs is for the sample project ...
    20. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      "It doesn't work, maybe Ill try another approach", *several minutes later*, "It works! what did I change again?"
      1. Kaelan, Zeriab and Finnuval like this.
      3. Zeriab
        Zeriab
        *problem-solving at its silliest :p
        Dec 17, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        Ain't these identical?
        Dec 17, 2018
      5. MushroomCake28
        Dec 17, 2018
        Zeriab and Milennin like this.