TheoAllen
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Tfw, revisiting ur own game and lose to the boss battle you design yourself because you forgot how you design it (at least I know it wont be too easy to defeat).
    5555 post yay
    Me: *making features for random encounter and make limited inventory system*

Also me: "I hate both tbh"
    Reactions: TheTitan99
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Sometimes you gotta make a less odious version of it so that designers who insist on using one can use your version instead of a worse one! :guffaw:
    Shikamon
    Shikamon
    how about day-night system? :D
    Gotta say, I'm extremely satisfied with MZ because of the plugin command only. This is essentially "editable editor". Kudos to the team :D
    Reactions: Zeriab and OneSteph
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    An editable editor is nice, but an edible editor would be even better!! Nom nom nom...

Seriously though, I agree. The Plugin Command event command is a great rework.
    • Haha
    Reactions: Shaz
    Zeriab
    Zeriab
    The plugin command seems great, yeah :D
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    It's literally the only thing that keeps me in MZ. I was supposed to stay in VXA :(
    • Haha
    Reactions: Zeriab
    I would like to believe that I'm not the only one who do this
    Fun fact: Since I'm back to RM in late 2017 and started my project up to this day, my project folder is still named as "Project1".
    • Haha
    Reactions: BK-tdm and Quexp
    Dungeonmind
    Dungeonmind
    See I can't do this I make so many different versions of the project that mine is Project33b
    richter_h
    richter_h
    Surprising, since I found one labeled in some other names than Project1
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Goal for MZ? None... I'm still curious how to finish my VXA project and how it looks like when it actually finished. Which will take at least another two years. Coming late again to the party.
    Shikamon
    Shikamon
    Is MZ still going "beta" first like MV ? :D
    kinda wanna wait properly build for MZ before using it.
    nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    so far the code is very more optimized and less bloated than MV so more stable.
    Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    I'm actually considering doing a VXA game because I still miss scripting in ruby so much.
    Terrible UI design.
    Label = "Select your region".
    Actual meaning = "Select your language".
    DoubleX
    I've worked with 1 commercial Android app and it has this exact same design flaw, fortunately there doesn't seem to have much issues(maybe because in that case most targeting audience in a region do use the corresponding language most of the time)
    Black Pagan
    Black Pagan
    Well, From the perspective of an MMORPG, That would make sense. After playing so many MOBAs and MMORPGs, I'm kinda used to that phrase which normally means - "Select the region of your nearest server".
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    @DoubleX the problem is that I'm used to English UI. I don't mind picking my region for whatever reason, just don't change the menu lol. It feels weird reading the language UI in my language.
    Unpopular opinion: I always consider my players as my guinea pig for my experiment (my game) :p
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    I guess I'm the inverse to your obverse, because I always think of myself as the guinea pig in service to my players!! I work out all the kinks and unenjoyable dynamics on myself as I playtest, rework stuff, experiment, use myself as the guinea pig again, and finally serve up the polished product to my players. <3
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Honestly I think this is a popular opinion, just most devs aren't willing to admit it. :LZSwink:
    lianderson
    lianderson
    Replace players with streamers and then I shall relate fully.
    I can't stop looping this BGM while at work since I began to play PSO2. It just too good for mood booster.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Needs more bells.
    richter_h
    richter_h
    This clearly brings me that PTSD, runnin' and gunnin' dem pests has never been this traumatizing
    Considering if capping the damage taken by player to maximum at 80% maxhp damage is a good idea. So, no one hit kill even if it's 999999 damage.
    Dororo
    Dororo
    That should probably also mean you can just keep your HP above 80% to be sure being safe from boss final attack instead of creating countermeasures like shields, barriers and debuffs. I dunno.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Or you could take a risk by going in less than 80% hp and put a shield and still survive :p
    ??????
    ??????
    pokemon has the skill 'false swipe' which will never kill the enemy. even if you hit 99999 it would leave them with 1hp. its a super important mechanic for when capturing hordes of pokemon for the rare stat ones :p
    The problem of making dungeon crawler game is that you missed the opportunity to use a lot of good Town and Field BGMs :(
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    I agree with @bgillisp, and sometimes you don't even need to change the tempo or pitch! If you don't bias yourself with the name or "stated intention" of the piece, sometimes you can find a new and extremely effective use for it. Here are a couple of unintuitive picks I made for timeblazer that have had playtesters complimenting the music selection and asking if it's custom-made:
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    * Urban Adventure Stage: "Battle - Hard Hitter"
    * Icy Adventure Stage: "Battle - Hearts on Fire" (lolol)
    * Coliseum Battle Sequence: "Divine Petals" (a fast but mystical theme)
    * Final Boss: "Normal Enemy"

I like to clear my mind, turn a track on, close my eyes, and then let my mind wander wherever it wants. I focus on what emotions run through me as I listen to the music.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Of course, I also don't bias myself with labels. I use field BGM as a checkpoint BGM and use battle BGM as dungeon BGM, and all. But when I said town BGM, I'm referring to a happy tune music which it has no place for that :guffaw:
    Are you the kind of person who prefers to overwrite an existing save file or always create a new save file when saving game progress?
    Vigorswig
    Out with the old, in with the new. the only problem is, now I wind up overwriting saves even when I don't want to.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    If I'm creating, new save files as much as possible. If I'm playing, I'll keep maybe 2 or 3 in case I want to go back further.
    Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    Looks at 6gb of Skyrim save files

Edit: Just realized this post is old but ah well
    Remember don't treat adding plugins to your game as "modding" like you do in the game you play.
    Reactions: michaelmartin341
    richter_h
    richter_h
    Turns out everyone has modding mindset from the start and nobody could deny the fact
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Philosophus Vagus, I learn that a hard way of modding and forget the plugins can be conflicting to other plugins. And the hell breaks loose.
    Ami
    Ami
    that why i hate the game mod,especially the graphic mod,which it lost of the entire purity of the old game
    Cursed problem: Multiple language switches. Say, you want to switch to EN language from JP but you have no idea where the language switch in JP menu language.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    The problem isn't finding the language in the menu, it's finding the menu to change the language in the first place. At least, that's been my experience.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    @Sharm I mean that is exactly what I'm saying.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I thought so, but some of the responses seemed to be talking about something a little different. I think the flag thing can work. If a website has a flag in the corner, I assume it means that I'll get a language menu if I click on it.
    It's almost a month since MZ is announced. Wow'd yet?
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    That's pretty much where I'm at. Unless MZ has some incredible changes, it's going to take ages to catch up to what MV already has. Might as well just keep improving MV.
    LTN Games
    LTN Games
    Yup, MZ will need the Yanfly/Vistuella crew to be fast and productive otherwise people won’t jump to MZ very quickly. I have huge plans for MV and still plan to port/try MZ but MV has so much potential it just needs some love that’s all.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    It will be interesting to see how all of that plays out. If Kadokawa and Degica are smart, they would hand some MZ copies to Yanfly/Vistuella in advance so those plugins are around at release. Then again a lot of people don't program, and actually use the RTP stuff. Maybe that will be enough to get people interested. So far MZ feels like reinventing the wheel to me, with new assets attached.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Gennady" Gen na Dee reptiloid scientist
I wonder how well Procedural Map generation would work in RPG Maker MZ... Well, only one way to find out! Hehe!
A new VA has joined the "Beyond the Mirror" team... I can't wait to start working on battle voices in the engine now.
Well bad reviews r making me rather annoyed today.
Ami
--- F.Mage Cooking Part 2 ---

F.Knight: Chef isn't here at this moment,he goes back into his Hometown to celebrating the Halloween with them.
F.Fighter: That too bad. I can't taste his dish until 3-5 days.
F.Mage: Then Leave it to me,i can make a Special Dishes for our Team in Halloween! (Rushes Into The Kitchen)
F.Knight & F.Fighter: (Screaming) YAMEROOO!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacorimo