TheoAllen
Last Activity:
Dec 7, 2019 at 2:10 PM

Awarded Medals 2

Share This Page

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades, Male, from Riftverse

Veteran

You know you're bored when you began to read a game's EULA. Dec 3, 2019 at 8:19 PM

TheoAllen was last seen:
Dec 7, 2019 at 2:10 PM
    1. Darth Equus
    2. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Adding easy mode to my game is like committing a heresy.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        I can't imagine that a skip boss battle button would be much different. It feels like a way to excuse a poor boss design and people who might have enjoyed the battle are going to default to skipping it because they can.
        Apr 8, 2019
      3. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        Persona 5 safe difficulty makes it so you can simply revive with full HP and continue as if nothing happened when you get defeated. That mechanic can even be abused to get otherwise difficult trophies on PS (like beating the Reaper).
        Apr 8, 2019
      4. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        If Easy Mode is Heresy, then difficulty must be a Religion!! :p Honestly, I don't think of too much in game design like a religious dogma that must be followed, but rather a set of guidelines that are all contextual. :)
        Apr 8, 2019
    3. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Me: "My game characters are way too op with all of these perks. Way to easy I think, time to nerf?" | Testers: "I keep dying"
      1. bgillisp and MushroomCake28 like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Ofc, the video LP is always the greatest feedback ever. Although I won't force em to send one since technically it's still around 20% of the overall progress.
        Apr 7, 2019
      4. richter_h
        richter_h
        What if I told you, I am one of the testers?

Also, based on what I've found over the course of tests, I admit some parts of theo's game would give some players a hard time. Readjusting difficulty may help; giving "easy mode" option is also a choice, but then again, I can feel the game itself is built with challenges in consideration, so that may defeat the initial purpose of the already implemented game design.
        Apr 7, 2019
      5. richter_h
        richter_h
        Why "git gud"? Because I also had that experience as well when finishing the game for the first time. Maybe it's only me, but, yeah.
        Apr 7, 2019
    4. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Ppl tend to think the rate 5/10 is a low rating. While it's just really, objectively "average".
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        And...that was the standard until the scale inflated in the later part of the 90's to what we got now.
        Apr 6, 2019
      3. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        Seems like 1-10 is too many numbers. Only really need 4. Bad, Average, Good and Great.
        Apr 6, 2019
      4. Milennin
        Milennin
        You don't want average for entertainment. Who even looks for something average to spend their money and free time on?
        Apr 6, 2019
    5. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Tfw ppl throwing april fools joke and I'm like "What dehec are u doing during my midday at April 2nd?"
      2. Kwerty
        Kwerty
        lol. IRL if people do april fools jokes after mid day on the 1st, the fool is the original "fooler". Well, that's what I was brought up to believe anyway.
        Apr 2, 2019
      3. TWings
        TWings
        I hear you @TheoAllen
        April fools joke all over the place when it's actually April 2nd. I guess I just got used to it and don't believe any weird stuff anymore no matter the date. lol
        Apr 2, 2019
        Padramyr and Kwerty like this.
      4. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Didn't you hear? The day has been moved to April 2nd.
        Apr 2, 2019
        Kwerty likes this.
    6. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Stellaris was confusing at the start and almost dropped it. But after tried to hang around for a while, it's actually addicting.
      1. Bonkers likes this.
      2. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        I enjoyed it, but later play where you have to assign quadrants and it gets more into macro managing I started to loose interest. I'd need to relearn how to play it again.
        Apr 1, 2019
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Macro management is expected in any 4x game so I'm used to it lol.
        Apr 1, 2019
    7. TheoAllen
    8. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Why I feel like the "Features" section in your game page is basically a TLDR version of the entire page.
      1. Wavelength likes this.
      3. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        I feel the same way that @Tai_MT does (and I love the way he parodied it). I don't ignore it, though. I use it as a tool to figure out which games I'm interested in. When a game is so starved of features that its designer feels the need to list "Engaging Story" to pad out the list, that's usually a sign that it's a good idea for me to take a Pass on it.
        Mar 26, 2019
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Personally, I like a Feature's List to actually tell me the features of the game. What kind of battle system is it? Does it do anything "out of the ordinary"? What kind of crafting? Grid based? Combine two items in a recipe based? Obtain crafting materials through exploration or combat? What are the main things the player will be engaging with? Brief synopsis of how that works.
        Mar 26, 2019
      5. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        For me, it is sort of frustrating when I want to play a specific kind of game, and can't find it, 'cause everyone is too generic. Run a search for "FPS RPG". You'll run across pretty much everything EXCEPT a first person shooter where you gain stats, have skills, and level up. Sometimes, I want an RPG that has a "skill tree". Think you can search for that? NOPE!
        Mar 26, 2019
    9. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Making the every corner of my design have a meaning is hard. Part 2: Deciding whether to use flat or percentage stat boost.
      1. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        Solution: I use both (I make abilities add a flat amount to the parameter, and I make states buff using %)
        Mar 26, 2019
      2. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        So, passives using a flat boost? hmm ...
        Mar 26, 2019
        MushroomCake28 likes this.
      3. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        Yup. The thing is that a flat buff can be overpower at the beginning of the game but under-powered at the end. That's why I prefer % buff for states.
        Mar 26, 2019
    10. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Making the every corner of my design have a meaning is hard. For example, can't seem to justify the purpose of dashing.
      1. Knighteriius and Romanticist like this.
      3. Heirukichi
        Heirukichi
        Why not? You can increase your speed when walking without having to run, even more if you run. The only thing that makes no sense is being able to make that your usual speed. To me being able to increase your movement speed makes sense, as well as being able to decrease it (eventually using some sort of stealth mechanic). Of course even removing it for good would make a lot of sense.
        Mar 26, 2019
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Why not would be bcz u keep pressing SHIFT. There is no single occasion where I'd slow down my movement in my game (at least). Not about making sense, but on actual when you need it. But now to think about it, even walking in many games absolutely have no use as well.
        Mar 26, 2019
      5. Heirukichi
        Heirukichi
        That's why I mentioned a stealth system. Honestly there is no game I can think of where walking is actually useful unless you gain a stealth bonus.
        Mar 26, 2019
        Prescott likes this.
    11. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Is there actually a decent RM game with mode7?
    12. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Don't you just hate it when u hit run/escape button, you failed and basically the enemies get a free turn?
      1. TWings, Tw0Face and Finnuval like this.
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Hmm I think this deserves its own thread.
        Mar 21, 2019
      4. Tw0Face
        Tw0Face
        Yeah, that's awful. Every game should have a 100% chance to escape set by default.
        Mar 21, 2019
      5. Kuro DCupu
        Kuro DCupu
        I think it's fair
        Mar 21, 2019
    13. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Me to frens: "goin to release a closed beta sometime this week" | Project: "Here some critical bugs that doesn't make any sense"
      2. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        I feel like the more advanced the dev, the more numerous the errors.
        Mar 20, 2019
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Not only numerous but also troublesome.
        Mar 20, 2019
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        @hiddenone u know what, it just happened. It's gone without knowing why. I didn't fix it, it's just gone orz

I inserted a fail-safe protocol now, hopefully, it could track the source when it happened again sometime in the future.
        Mar 20, 2019
    14. Sauteed_Onion
      Sauteed_Onion
      Hey Theo! I just wanted to say thanks for posting that informative science-like video about the number pi. It was butter than I expected to bee. I had a great thyme watching it.
      1. TheoAllen likes this.
      2. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        He's one of my fave youtubers :D go check more of his video for some crazies
        Mar 16, 2019
    15. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      If you're telling yourself "one more mission" while playing game, you're probably lying to yourself.
      1. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        Yeah, the game can be addictive. However, I easily distracted.
        Mar 13, 2019
        Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Freaking civilization man "one more turn couldn't hurt." fudge you Sid Meier, it's Wednesday. How the heck is it Wednesday already, did I really just marathon that game for 10 hours?

I seriously had to permanently uninstall it because that kept happening to me.
        Mar 13, 2019
        Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      3. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        I have veged out on FFXIV for like 20 days XD. I got through the stuff I really wanted to so that's behind me.
        Mar 16, 2019
        Kupotepo likes this.
    16. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Stay away from both Tokyo and New York. Those two cities are likely the one that aliens decide to attack if they're goin to invade Earth.
      1. Shaz likes this.
      3. Kauzz
        Kauzz
        I want to go to NY or Tokyo now...
        Mar 12, 2019
      4. Tw0Face
        Tw0Face
        Hopefully, they kidnap you so you can rescue the universe later by becoming Starlord.
        Mar 12, 2019
      5. Ryisunique
        Ryisunique
        London and Cardiff are 3 and 4.
        Mar 12, 2019
    17. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Fun fact: I actually forgot about 50% of my own battle system script workflow. "It just works" and I have no idea why.
      1. Lemonrice and Engr. Adiktuzmiko like this.
      2. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        ... or how (where is the edit button, *sigh*)
        Mar 8, 2019
      3. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Haha same with me, Im constantly working on it because I use it in my current game but whenever I go deep, I just seem to forget why or how I did the things the way they are
        Mar 8, 2019
    18. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Throwing an "unanswered" question. Tell me your answer
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        I know you were, but I also know that I was not :p
        Mar 7, 2019
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Btw. @bgillisp The three nations that use inches are USA, Liberia and Philippines. In other words USA and its former subjects. Liberia is considering officially changing to cm and Filipinos use both.
        Mar 7, 2019
      4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Tell him its in pixels, if he needs the inches/centimeters he needs to convert it via knowing the pixel/inch count...
        Mar 7, 2019
        OmnislashXX likes this.
    19. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      A fren sent me this <--snip-->
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        PM?
        Mar 5, 2019
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Sent :D
        I'd like to know if the place name the end of the vid is also exist
        Mar 5, 2019
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        No, it isn't real.
        Mar 5, 2019
    20. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      How many ppl actually pissed after getting an alert from their support thread just to see a message "I have moved this thread to x"
      1. Romanticist likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I still don't know why that would make someone annoyed. Disappointed makes sense, but why get upset?
        Mar 5, 2019
      4. Elliott404
        Elliott404
        If it was a request thread, then I'd guess because they're in a hurry and want an immediate reply?
        Mar 5, 2019
      5. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        Pissed for an entirely different reason... because my bladder was full.
        Mar 5, 2019
  • About

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Signature

[​IMG]
    The joy of having a good complete game
    [​IMG]
    My stuff:
    My Games :