TheoAllen
Last Activity:
Jul 16, 2018 at 12:44 AM

Awarded Medals 1

Share This Page

TheoAllen

I'm back apparently, from Phantagrande

Veteran

Tfw, I thought my game from years ago is already bug free. After replaying it, I managed to break it AGAIN. Jul 15, 2018 at 9:43 PM

TheoAllen was last seen:
Jul 16, 2018 at 12:44 AM
    1. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      probably the weirdest thing I made in VXA
      1. View previous comments...
      2. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        It was for a nostalgia from a game brought by older windows, maybe win98 or even win95, I forgot. I somehow liked it a lot when I was young lol, so I brought it back. Try to search Conway's Game of Life if you're curious what is it
        Jan 14, 2018
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Apparently, the former name was "Life Genesis" in older windows
        Jan 14, 2018
      4. MHRob
        MHRob
        Oh? I had no idea this was a thing from back then, lol. That's very interesting.
        Jan 14, 2018
    2. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Don't you hate it when you picked "extract to <folder name>" from a rar file, you ended up found a folder inside a folder?
      2. Harrumi
        Harrumi
        the bane of our existences. lol
        Jan 14, 2018
        starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Amy Pond I remember Windows 95 onwards. I Still think Win98 and XP were awesome. I really struggle to get my favourite games to play on new machines. :(
        Jan 14, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
      4. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        Oh my goodness YES! This happens to me all the time. I'm worried it will create 300 little files inside my Documents folder, so I make a separate subfolder for it... only to find a folder inside that subfolder after extracting! D'oh!! So then I have to Cut-Paste everything back to the subfolder, and delete that new folder that appeared inside.
        Jan 14, 2018
        starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
    3. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      I like how my LP player refuse to use item in my game even tho they were in pinch lol
      1. Sauteed_Onion and The Stranger like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Granted, he's playing normal difficulty. Probably not important enough to use :p
        Jan 13, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      4. SOC
        SOC
        Yeah I was just teasing haha. This is exactly why, though, I really like games that have an unlimited use item system but they come with cooldowns, so it's more about knowing when, where, how and why to use them rather than feeling pressured about running out. You can give a lot of them to the players, but they never know when that income will stop so they still have anxiety about actually using them.
        Jan 13, 2018
      5. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        I never really mind using recovery item in many games. But if it's a fortify item which enhances your performance or whatever, probly I never use it. I don't want myself dependent on limited item buff after getting used to it lol
        Jan 13, 2018
    4. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Idk, sometimes vxa music player plays my midi better than me actually trying to convert it into ogg :/
    5. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Every living cells in your body dies and replaced with the new one. Eventually within a few months, you're completely a different person
      2. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        Not 'undead' but that is really kind of a silly kind of word. Sounds easier than Re-animated maybe. I dunno. But if you were dead, like no heart beat etc.. maybe you were given a second chance for a reason. Or just barely clinging on and given just enough treatment to pull through. Miracles happen. I've had a few happen for me I think.
        Jan 10, 2018
        Matseb2611, EpicFILE and The Stranger like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Sauteed_Onion I was completely dead for two minutes. I know it's not a long time, and I'm lucky to have not suffered brain damage because of it - I think brain damage is very high after 3-4 minutes of being clinically dead. Well, undead just means no longer dead, so it's kinda true. :p
        Jan 10, 2018
        EpicFILE likes this.
      4. EpicFILE
        EpicFILE
        @The Stranger
        It's an amazing miracle. In Indonesia, there's a term for temporary death. It's called "mati suri". Sometimes the experiencers will say they have seen a glimpse of afterlife

@Sauteed_Onion
        The existence of spirit always makes me wonder. Can a super advanced AI becomes conscious of itself? I always think consciousness comes from spirit. But AI don't have spirit
        Jan 10, 2018
        Matseb2611 and The Stranger like this.
    6. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Still looking the best way of writing the game story. Tried to write everything on note, now I enjoy write on there than actual in game lol
      1. Cray and Sauteed_Onion like this.
      3. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        If you don't have to stop every second to ask what's next in the story (because you've planned it out), you're spending that time actually working on the game. Besides, having story planned also means you know which resources are needed, so you won't end up making redundant resources that never get used in the game.
        Jan 9, 2018
        TheoAllen and EpicFILE like this.
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Well, you have a point. I guess I just want to see it alive in game, yet now I'm questioning myself if I'm making it for a game or actually I'm writing a light novel lol

Maybe gonna stuck in this phase for weeks or even month, idk, we will see
        Jan 9, 2018
        Matseb2611 and EpicFILE like this.
      5. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        It also was my decision tho, tried to hit up the engine to write the story on the fly while thinking of the scenario, screw'd up everything once I got different idea. Now, I try to organize everything first
        Jan 9, 2018
        Matseb2611 and EpicFILE like this.
    7. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Spend days figuring out alone the next plot trigger of my project, nothing came up. Venting my frustration to my friend, suddenly got idea
      1. Llareian
        Llareian
        This reminds me of all the times I've gone to ask someone a question, and in phrasing the question, figured out the answer.
        Jan 8, 2018
      2. Archeia
        Archeia
        dis me with programming :(
        Jan 8, 2018
      3. Warpmind
        Warpmind
        Which again goes to show - vocalizing the problem often helps kick your brain into the right gear. :)
        Jan 8, 2018
        TheoAllen likes this.
    8. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      If you're having a difficult time. Just make sure to keep your HP above 0 while reducing your enemy's HP to 0. Works every time
      1. Sauteed_Onion and TakeHomeTheCup like this.
      2. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        Can't there be a more friendly way? Meow?
        Jan 6, 2018
    9. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Watch your game LP is the best way to learn what's wrong with your game
      1. Hudell
        Hudell
        My experience is always: "She's gonna find it now, almost there... almost there... Oh, she teleported home."
        Jan 6, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion and TheoAllen like this.
    10. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      It such an accomplishment when u managed to compose a melody that could get remixed into different purpose like battle bgm, sad scene, etc
      1. Sauteed_Onion, Kes and EpicFILE like this.
      2. EpicFILE
        EpicFILE
        Ya, like Final Fantasy X tracks. Also Saga Frontier 2 :D
        Jan 5, 2018
        TheoAllen likes this.
      3. Kes
        Kes
        So does this mean that you are getting back into composing again, or was it just a one-off?
        Jan 5, 2018
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Just looked back at my old music, and tried to remix out of those. The result was surprisingly good. Why I never thought of it
        Jan 5, 2018
    11. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Setting up new tileset passability is boring :/
      1. Thomas Smith likes this.
    12. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Tfw, u started an anime out of boredom to kill the time. Yet, keep clicking next episodes cz it's always been a cliffhanger
      1. Rhino, Cray and EpicFILE like this.
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        I kinda love and hate that kind of strategy. love cz I keep watching it, hate cz I keep watching it
        Jan 5, 2018
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Cliffhangers are the fastest way to kill my interest, I want a fluid, steady narrative not plot twist stacked upon plot twist. But I must be a minority because that seems the most popular form of storytelling these days, even bloody novels do it, written for the bloody sequel!
        Jan 5, 2018
      5. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        If there is no cliffhanger, there will be no continuous story telling. It's not always a plot twist, it just how each episode connected to each other. It still depends on the type of the anime though
        Jan 5, 2018
    13. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Bookmarked lots of links. Never looked it back, cz I actually forgot that I bookmarked that
      1. Cray, Sauteed_Onion and EpicFILE like this.
      2. EpicFILE
        EpicFILE
        And after you see the bookmark list, it seems never-ending and daunting. So you prefer to search for something else to read. :ninja:
        Jan 4, 2018
      3. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        Wow, I do that too, bookmark enough stuff, and forget about it.. ; _;
        Jan 4, 2018
        TheoAllen and EpicFILE like this.
      4. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        Bookmark folders are quite helpful for organizing stuff and makes this kind of thing easier to deal with.
        Jan 4, 2018
    14. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Sometimes when I listen to a music. I want to create a scene just so that I could put a music on the scene
      1. starlight dream and Matseb2611 like this.
      2. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        I do that i my mind when I listen to classical music. I think it is because I was raised with Peter and the Wolf and Sleigh Ride (before lyrics) and other story-telling music.
        Jan 1, 2018
      3. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        I get that too at times. Some of my scenes get inspired when I hear a very nice tune.
        Jan 1, 2018
    15. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Meanwhile, I'm here never see a snow with my own naked eyes.
      2. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        @bgillisp u know what, seeing a snow would be my life achievement
        Dec 30, 2017
        starlight dream likes this.
      3. Kes
        Kes
        I posted this to the wrong comment. Here it is now.
        Snow is rain which has frozen in a particular way to form flakes. Each and every snow flake is (allegedly) unique. No one has found a duplicate flake anyway. Softer than ice because the crystalline structure is not so rigid. What you get from your freezer is not snow. Inuits have 27 categories of different types of snow.
        Dec 30, 2017
        starlight dream and EpicFILE like this.
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        @Kes Thanks for proving me ignorant ^^
        Dec 31, 2017
    16. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      It's been like a week (or 2) spending my time proof reading cutscenes dialogue. Cz I'm suck at writing. The plot isn't moving forward _:3
      1. Cray, EpicFILE and BinaryResidue like this.
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        I've been hiatus from actually writing a story since my standard went up (and found out my story works full of cringeys). I used to enjoy write random story when I was young, so I kinda missed those times :')
        Dec 30, 2017
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        When designing a game, it never hurts to write a short story across 5 pages (front and back) to help get you back into. A little bit of practice helps. :D Even if writing game dialogue and writing stories is different. Dialogue for both is similar :D
        Dec 30, 2017
      5. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Last game I made was no actual story, just a dialogue to fill the emptiness without actual goal / context. So it was easy enough because I was focusing on the battle itself.

So yeah, you could say that im exercising now. If ppl made small game for exercise of using the tool, I'm more like for writing :D
        Dec 30, 2017
        Tai_MT likes this.
    17. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      tfw comparing dialogues between a prequel project and sequel project. And found some major inconsistency between those two _:3
      1. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        i might end up updating the prequel project instead because the dialogues were made hastily. And I found a better way for the character directions in sequel project like as their relationship and things
        Dec 24, 2017
      2. BinaryResidue
        BinaryResidue
        Woah!!! You developed a sequel and prequel at the same time :o #respect
        Dec 30, 2017
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        heh, the prequel was already released like 2-3 years ago lol
        Dec 30, 2017
    18. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Shame, forum has no 'strikethrough' text style :(
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      2. Llareian
        Dec 24, 2017
        TheoAllen likes this.
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        oh so it does exist. but it's not showing up in wysiwyg menu
        Dec 24, 2017
        Llareian and TakeHomeTheCup like this.
    19. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      The game I'm playing is giving the players holiday giveaway items and some promotions. Haha, bye productivity
      1. Thomas Smith and Raijinn like this.
    20. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Tfw, got carried away of making a long dialogue. Lol man, I hate info dump in a game, but I'm dumping info myself in my game _:3
      2. EpicFILE
        EpicFILE
        Now I'm worried if I'm also one of the info dump sinners. :/
        Dec 20, 2017
        TheoAllen and Raijinn like this.
      3. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        It's a hard balance to strike because it's fun to show how your characters interact, but if it's just too dang long...
        Dec 20, 2017
        TheoAllen likes this.
      4. Raijinn
        Dec 20, 2017
  • About

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Signature

Founder of :
    [​IMG]