TheoAllen
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Me: "I've seen everything in spaz 2, this game becomes boring" | Also me: *still continue to play spaz 2*
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Space pirates and zombies? I still need to finish playing the first one!
    Oh, am I suppose to name my own save game? Well let's just use default "NewSave" name then.
    Reactions: Knighteriius
    Knighteriius
    Knighteriius
    "Slaughter Save" "Before The Hardest Boss" "Cry"
    Calluses
    Calluses
    my favourite is "this is actually boring and i'm not gonna play ur game anymore" as though the dev can hear me roasting them, but the save files never have enough characters for it so i just write something stupid like "noobgame" instead
    Not sure if I want to use itch io or RMN as my main game page. (inb4, someone said "why not both").
    Meike
    Meike
    I like Itch~
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    Put the download on itch. Link to it on the forum. No que los es dos?
    Mrs_Allykat
    Mrs_Allykat
    I like the URL we get for itch, but I like the page tools on RMN too. It's a hard choice!
    Meanwhile some ppl need an easier mode to playtest my game, I made a hardmode out of boredom for myself and for the lul.
    How could someone's game size turned to be like 700mb or more? Do they use flac for the music files or what?
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    In some games, you barely notice the soundtrack since it complements the game perfectly. In other games, you stop playing just to listen to the music. Two different philosophy, two different ways to design, two different ways to compress (or not) your soundtrack.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    One could argue that you can put the lower quality bgm in the game because you hardly notice the difference and sell the high quality separately for more income :p i.e, if they managed to hack your game, they will not get the high quality music
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    @TheoAllen Lol that's a clever argument. But honestly, it mostly depends on your samples. There's no real quality loss by compressing midi files, but if you use super HD pro orchestra recorded (with multiple mic positions) samples, you'll notice the difference.
    People who design a webpage and put an autoplay music on the web deserve a ban from designing a web.
    tfw, couldnt comment on someone's status update for some reasons. While the mods do it casually. Dont u think it's like a cheating? <.<
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I knew you were joking but I'm a big softy and I was worried that Mystic Enigma wouldn't. Sorry for ruining the fun.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Believe me, if he did take it seriously, it would've at least escalated into a small-scale conflict. Since he did not say a word to me, I think it's safe to say he did not :D But there's no need to apologize as nothing bad happened :)
    Poryg
    Poryg
    In the worst case we have r/woooosh for cases when jokes fly over your head, which usually explains any misunderstandings arising from this quite sufficiently. At least on youtube. Not sure how many people here watch reddit :D
    A (kinda) serious question. Why it has to be popcorn while watching a movie?
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    Because some people like to eat popcorn while watching a movie. No one tells you to eat popcorn. You can eat satay while watching a movie if you want too.
    Kuro DCupu
    Kuro DCupu
    Chips / crackers is also a choice, but it make noises. Also tradition.
    SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    Personally I like a good soul or two, but to each his own.
    Adding easy mode to my game is like committing a heresy.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I can't imagine that a skip boss battle button would be much different. It feels like a way to excuse a poor boss design and people who might have enjoyed the battle are going to default to skipping it because they can.
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    Persona 5 safe difficulty makes it so you can simply revive with full HP and continue as if nothing happened when you get defeated. That mechanic can even be abused to get otherwise difficult trophies on PS (like beating the Reaper).
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    If Easy Mode is Heresy, then difficulty must be a Religion!! :p Honestly, I don't think of too much in game design like a religious dogma that must be followed, but rather a set of guidelines that are all contextual. :)
    Me: "My game characters are way too op with all of these perks. Way to easy I think, time to nerf?" | Testers: "I keep dying"
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Ofc, the video LP is always the greatest feedback ever. Although I won't force em to send one since technically it's still around 20% of the overall progress.
    richter_h
    richter_h
    What if I told you, I am one of the testers?

Also, based on what I've found over the course of tests, I admit some parts of theo's game would give some players a hard time. Readjusting difficulty may help; giving "easy mode" option is also a choice, but then again, I can feel the game itself is built with challenges in consideration, so that may defeat the initial purpose of the already implemented game design.
    richter_h
    richter_h
    Why "git gud"? Because I also had that experience as well when finishing the game for the first time. Maybe it's only me, but, yeah.
    Ppl tend to think the rate 5/10 is a low rating. While it's just really, objectively "average".
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    And...that was the standard until the scale inflated in the later part of the 90's to what we got now.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    Seems like 1-10 is too many numbers. Only really need 4. Bad, Average, Good and Great.
    Milennin
    Milennin
    You don't want average for entertainment. Who even looks for something average to spend their money and free time on?
    Tfw ppl throwing april fools joke and I'm like "What dehec are u doing during my midday at April 2nd?"
    Stellaris was confusing at the start and almost dropped it. But after tried to hang around for a while, it's actually addicting.
    Reactions: Bonkers
    Bonkers
    Bonkers
    I enjoyed it, but later play where you have to assign quadrants and it gets more into macro managing I started to loose interest. I'd need to relearn how to play it again.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Macro management is expected in any 4x game so I'm used to it lol.
    Why I feel like the "Features" section in your game page is basically a TLDR version of the entire page.
    Reactions: Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    I feel the same way that @Tai_MT does (and I love the way he parodied it). I don't ignore it, though. I use it as a tool to figure out which games I'm interested in. When a game is so starved of features that its designer feels the need to list "Engaging Story" to pad out the list, that's usually a sign that it's a good idea for me to take a Pass on it.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Personally, I like a Feature's List to actually tell me the features of the game. What kind of battle system is it? Does it do anything "out of the ordinary"? What kind of crafting? Grid based? Combine two items in a recipe based? Obtain crafting materials through exploration or combat? What are the main things the player will be engaging with? Brief synopsis of how that works.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    For me, it is sort of frustrating when I want to play a specific kind of game, and can't find it, 'cause everyone is too generic. Run a search for "FPS RPG". You'll run across pretty much everything EXCEPT a first person shooter where you gain stats, have skills, and level up. Sometimes, I want an RPG that has a "skill tree". Think you can search for that? NOPE!
    Making the every corner of my design have a meaning is hard. Part 2: Deciding whether to use flat or percentage stat boost.
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Solution: I use both (I make abilities add a flat amount to the parameter, and I make states buff using %)
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    So, passives using a flat boost? hmm ...
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Yup. The thing is that a flat buff can be overpower at the beginning of the game but under-powered at the end. That's why I prefer % buff for states.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally! I've been puzzling over why it wasn't working for two days now. Turns out all of my calculations were correct, I just forgot to give some events hitboxes. :kaoswt: Now my randomly generated maps check for collision errors, and move stuff around in real time if they finds any. :LZSexcite:
Ami
--- OP Candy ---

Kids: Trick Or Treat!
Hero: Alright,here's the Candies (Give A Bunch Of Candy).
Kids: Thank you,Mister! (Running)
Hero: How cute they are…
F.Archer: Did you give them a OP Candy,accidently?
Hero: Huh?
Halloween, a day where kids are encouraged to take candy from strangers.
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movingsolutionsmovers