TheoAllen
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• I do like grindings. But, sometimes when I think of my players. I'm not sure if I want to put them on grind fes on my game.
    DivideByZero
    DivideByZero
    Days? Hehe! I remember when I was right into Diablo II. Played that much that it would take months to level up in the end.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    When you're in that quandary, offer good *opportunities* to grind, without ever *forcing* players to grind in order to progress/enjoy your game. :)
    Poryg
    Poryg
    If people do it, it is usually enforced by the concept of difficulty. Easy allows you to play with no grinding, hard with grinding.
    Over hundreds or thousands years on many fantasy setting. Why the civilization not advanced? Why no one discover a gun to deal with mages?
    Reactions: Finnuval
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Now that I've had my silly moment, in all seriousness in my world the Dwarfs are the ones trying to figure out how to use Earth's Tech and adapt it. Though it still means others don't quite understand things on Earth well, like: https://youtu.be/nXetcIAwt04
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    @bgillisp omg I love that scene! always had a weak spot for this type of cross-over of sorts and that's just hilarious :)
    GoodSelf
    GoodSelf
    Sounds like a game premise in the making. A large sprawling fantasy world, and one man who discovers gunpowder, bringing Terror with new weapons across the kingdom. Basically Magitek.
    We should have an event where the user would edit the default avatar into something funny.
    Reactions: Shaz
    Kuro DCupu
    Kuro DCupu
    Jokes on you, the default avatar is already funny
    And here I never get annoyed with all of these "black borders" that people were talking about. Either about fullscreen games or mobile games
    Kuro DCupu
    Kuro DCupu
    Back then : The game is glitched. Slap monitor to fix it. Now : The game is glitched. Make it a feature.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Maybe it wasn't exactly 20 years, but it was when the widescreen releases for DVD were the craze. Might be more like 10.

Point is, about as soon as it was done "Why are there black borders?".
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, I've lived in a bit different society, our gamer communities appreciated games regardless of black borders. So here it took a bit longer than that.
    I never experienced on being drunk, or idk, maybe I'm drunk all times.
    cabfe
    cabfe
    Have you experienced being sober?
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    now that u mentioned it, idk either
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    That depends. If both power are equal, then one side will attack one another has opening. If you're overpowered it, they might actually flee. And it also depends on whether the AI config favor to play cautious or aggresive. Although I haven't tested both config in different value. Might as well as test it now.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Poryg
    Poryg
    If both sides are equal, then the one who manages to score more attacks than the other wins. For this reason sacrificial characters in front of your formation are important. They are there to either draw the enemy out or give you the first strike the moment they get within striking range if the opponent doesn't attack.
    tfw u spend like 2-3 days procrast bcz the code broke. after gathered up strength to look at the code back, it was bcz wrong variable name.
    Kaeki
    Kaeki
    Or when it's a missing ";". Was it a dyslexic reading error? D:
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Missing ; would be quite obvious bcz it will throw an error. Generally a breaking code that throws error would require like 1-4 hours, but a code that behave fine but not behave the way u want could take days.
    Kaeki
    Kaeki
    It's good it tells you when it's a syntax error! that's one step ahead of code checking needed in some IDE/ code writing software. :D That sounds frustrating hunting for the problem when it seems fine. More power to you for finding it instead of leaving it to cause issues later :thumbsup-right:
    I have a feeling that on the next few years. We gonna have an education of using an anthropomorphic version of any lesson we will get.
    Me: "Mobile games feels like a labour than actually playing", also me: *installs another mobile game*
    Kwerty
    Kwerty
    it's something to do during.. "alone time" ;-)
    I wonder what kind of life style the person has in anime Hataraku Saibo. He got heatstroke, food poisoning, a cancer, now accident '-'
    DivideByZero
    DivideByZero
    Sounds like a tough day all round.
    Kes
    Kes
    Sounds like every day in some offices.
    Me: *write a code today*. Also me in the next day: "How the heck I did that?"
    Reactions: DivideByZero
    DivideByZero
    DivideByZero
    Ha! I did that a while ago. You spend four hours the next day trying to work out how you did it.
    Most of time, ppl complain how stupid AI in games are. Yet they also don't want to get beaten all times if it's too smart.
    Reactions: Matseb2611
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    Not to mention, who doesn't like exploiting AI weaknesses? You know, lure them into walking over that proximity mine you laid and watching them go boom.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    HOMM3 actually had this problem, they made the AI too good, which resulted in a campaign that to this day few have ever beaten.
    Mobile games feels like a labor than actual playing these days. You 'play' bcz you don't want to miss the event.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    @FleshToDust I think every large game company should have psychologists on staff! Not only to figure out how to drive ("manipulate") player behavior, but also to figure out how to make the games feel fun and compelling. Tapping into the brain's sense of flow, and framing identical mechanics in ways that feel rewarding rather than punishing, are things a psychologist can advise us on.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Speaking to the more general topic addressed here, though, I totally agree that mobile games (and increasingly other games) feel like way too much of a chore and not enough of a fun experience on its own merits.

Aside from Events, there's also the sense with energy systems that you don't want to "waste" your opportunities to grind for power/materials each day!
    Sharm
    Sharm
    There is a difference between figuring out how to communicate better and figuring out how to manipulate people better. Specifically setting up the game to best cause a change in brain chemistry so that the user will continue paying for and playing a game they hate is inethical, especially since the majority of these games are aimed at children.
    Reactions: Kes
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There are only a few days left in our Spooktober Spooktacular Game Jam! Hope you are working hard to get your game in!
Where do i have to play Heisei Pistol Show the same creator that made Re: Kinder Parun
I really get the feeling I should be doing regular YouTube videos whenever I make something cool in my game, instead of waiting for massive changes. But not going to lie... I always feel like it's never quite enough to merit an update, until it's a drastic change. :kaoswt:
Going to submit to this game jam...struggling with the time crunch...
Have to keep compromising...
Just released a new OST for my game and a new place to purchase it!

Ah, things to do when you finish a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatisGachi