TheoAllen
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Still looking the best way of writing the game story. Tried to write everything on note, now I enjoy write on there than actual in game lol
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    If you don't have to stop every second to ask what's next in the story (because you've planned it out), you're spending that time actually working on the game. Besides, having story planned also means you know which resources are needed, so you won't end up making redundant resources that never get used in the game.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Well, you have a point. I guess I just want to see it alive in game, yet now I'm questioning myself if I'm making it for a game or actually I'm writing a light novel lol

Maybe gonna stuck in this phase for weeks or even month, idk, we will see
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    It also was my decision tho, tried to hit up the engine to write the story on the fly while thinking of the scenario, screw'd up everything once I got different idea. Now, I try to organize everything first
    Spend days figuring out alone the next plot trigger of my project, nothing came up. Venting my frustration to my friend, suddenly got idea
    It such an accomplishment when u managed to compose a melody that could get remixed into different purpose like battle bgm, sad scene, etc
    EpicFILE
    EpicFILE
    Ya, like Final Fantasy X tracks. Also Saga Frontier 2 :D
    Kes
    Kes
    So does this mean that you are getting back into composing again, or was it just a one-off?
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Just looked back at my old music, and tried to remix out of those. The result was surprisingly good. Why I never thought of it
    Tfw, u started an anime out of boredom to kill the time. Yet, keep clicking next episodes cz it's always been a cliffhanger
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I kinda love and hate that kind of strategy. love cz I keep watching it, hate cz I keep watching it
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Cliffhangers are the fastest way to kill my interest, I want a fluid, steady narrative not plot twist stacked upon plot twist. But I must be a minority because that seems the most popular form of storytelling these days, even bloody novels do it, written for the bloody sequel!
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    If there is no cliffhanger, there will be no continuous story telling. It's not always a plot twist, it just how each episode connected to each other. It still depends on the type of the anime though
    Bookmarked lots of links. Never looked it back, cz I actually forgot that I bookmarked that
    Sometimes when I listen to a music. I want to create a scene just so that I could put a music on the scene
    GrandmaDeb
    GrandmaDeb
    I do that i my mind when I listen to classical music. I think it is because I was raised with Peter and the Wolf and Sleigh Ride (before lyrics) and other story-telling music.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    I get that too at times. Some of my scenes get inspired when I hear a very nice tune.
    Meanwhile, I'm here never see a snow with my own naked eyes.
    It's been like a week (or 2) spending my time proof reading cutscenes dialogue. Cz I'm suck at writing. The plot isn't moving forward _:3
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I've been hiatus from actually writing a story since my standard went up (and found out my story works full of cringeys). I used to enjoy write random story when I was young, so I kinda missed those times :')
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    When designing a game, it never hurts to write a short story across 5 pages (front and back) to help get you back into. A little bit of practice helps. :D Even if writing game dialogue and writing stories is different. Dialogue for both is similar :D
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Last game I made was no actual story, just a dialogue to fill the emptiness without actual goal / context. So it was easy enough because I was focusing on the battle itself.

So yeah, you could say that im exercising now. If ppl made small game for exercise of using the tool, I'm more like for writing :D
    Reactions: Tai_MT
    tfw comparing dialogues between a prequel project and sequel project. And found some major inconsistency between those two _:3
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    i might end up updating the prequel project instead because the dialogues were made hastily. And I found a better way for the character directions in sequel project like as their relationship and things
    BinaryResidue
    BinaryResidue
    Woah!!! You developed a sequel and prequel at the same time :o #respect
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    heh, the prequel was already released like 2-3 years ago lol
    Tfw, got carried away of making a long dialogue. Lol man, I hate info dump in a game, but I'm dumping info myself in my game _:3
    Ever feels like to redraw everything in your game because your drawing skill just improved?
    I feel like losing my hand after my mouse broke, and now using a touch pad. Gonna buy a new one I guess
    Reactions: EpicFILE
    EpicFILE
    EpicFILE
    I know how it feels. :(
    Using a touch pad is challenging, especially when you are making maps
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    I got stuck with a touch pad for so long that the mouse is out of my control now ^^
    The perk of can do script is you start looking at the game script first before thinking if it could be implemented by default editor
    Reactions: Gamefall Team
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I disagree here. I consider engine if it's something simple.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Something obvious may still keep using the engine. But when I stumbled upon something, instead of trying a workaround on the engine side solution, I'd just start to script that
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah. I use engine for simple changes. For even simpler ones I use the editor. I only create plugins for when I'm creating something that is bigger and not part of the engine.
    How do you come up with an idea for the name of your monsters in game?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think the characters are really too short. Should at least add a little more
Just the legs should be longer.
Ami
--- Survival For RPGist ---

Survivalist: I going to Test you: How to make the Fire.
F.Mage: That easy. (Preparing the Spell) EXPLOSIVE!!!
(an Explosion on the Wood Branch then Fire is Appeared)
F.Mage: (Proud Face) See?
Survivalist: (Angry Tone) MAGIC ISN'T ALLOWED!!!
Recent threads, and my very poor algorithm for my minimap plugin have made me face the fact that I need to review algorithms and such.

Going through Cracking the Coding Interview now. I am so excited.
Kes
I've seen a reference to a Community Lighting plugin for MZ, but cannot find it. Is it still in beta?

Todo:
Add fog of war
Add enemy indicators
Make window draggable
Optimise map drawing algorithm (5 seconds to load the map you see, so it's a... poo-poo algorithm)

Any suggestions? :kaoblush:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaredLevi