TheoAllen
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Random idea: A boss move that destroys some of your potions in your inventory.
    So many plugins I wanna make, so little time. And by the time I mean, sleeping definitely feels better than being up and write codes _:3
    GmOcean
    Ahh I see you're also a fellow person who prefers the view of the back of their eyelids compared to the rest of the world. Lol.
    Sometimes I feel like i'm the only one who's aware that if I'm replying to JS/Ruby or Ace/MZ support question.
    Reactions: strife094
    Shaz
    Shaz
    well the person who asked the question would be aware, right? Cause they come back to try your suggestions and thank you for your help. Right?
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    No, I'm referring to some people who were giving solutions for the wrong engine lol.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    haha - yes, I see that a lot, and sometimes I forget where the post is as well. Someone usually reminds me fairly quickly though :D
    I have no idea why some of the program "splash screen" always on top. E.g, RMMZ loading screen stuck on the top blocking anything I want to do until it fully loaded. What is even the purpose?
    Who would think putting a power button on a side of a laptop is a good thing? You want to move the laptop and you suddenly press the button.
    richter_h
    richter_h
    And then there's Macbook, where the delete button is somewhat hideous to the point you might turning off your laptop instead of deleting something.
    Ami
    Ami
    I was play Far Cry 2,i was equip Machete (1), but pressed Q button,where that button is Grenade :stare:
    Evil circle of mechanic discussion: "So, I can only do this in RM, how can I use this to design a game ... w-wait, you can do more? How (to implement it)?"
    If you make/have a game, write your game synopsis as stupid as possible here.
    Maybe, it isn't (too) hard. You just can't expect to spam attack to win.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Might speak to either heavy skill expression, or possible abusability of your mechanics. In my view from playing your demo, my instinct is heavy skill expression. And that's a great thing, though you just have to be careful that a player who struggles isn't left "stuck" with no way to keep doing fun things in your game.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    For most of the part, I managed to nail the intended experience for skilled players (which is, probably, my main target audience). Any possible tune down to the difficulty for a less-skilled player probably is going to be set in the lower difficulty setting.
    Why a point and click gameplay is called "Hack and Slash"?
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    because generally that is what you are telling your character what to do by pointing and clicking...DIABLO is the main example here of course
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Probably because point and click was already taken by adventure games way back in the DOS days.

@The Stranger It's not heresy. I'm going to be getting reWASD soon after trying out the trial so I can keep playing ArcheAge and Guild Wars 2 with a gamepad. Then I just need to figure out how to set up a gamepad for Path of Exile and I'll be set.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    @taarna23 I would make a status asking the same question to "adventure" games tbh, but "hack n slash" came first.
    Consider that you have been brainwashed all of these times. What would that be?
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    That would be...

A clean mind!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHH!! B)

...Sorry. I'll show myself the door.
    richter_h
    richter_h
    Exactly, I don't know.
    Like, no matter how many times my brain is getting washed, it'll keep gathering some... dirty mind, if you catch my drift.
    I usually thought playing a game for hours is a waste of time, I should be using it for being productive. Then I choose not to play a game and still do nothing for hours.
    • Haha
    Reactions: Shaz
    Riazey
    Riazey
    This this this this! :kaoswt:
    Froggo32
    Froggo32
    I actually feel productive watching anime/playing games, like EpicFILE said, it feels to me like obligation since I consider myself gamer/weeb :kaoswt2:
    Froggo32
    Froggo32
    I feel productive when watching anime/playing game because, that way, I increase my weeb/gamer status. There's very little anime/games/mangas that make me feel like Im enjoying them instead of making me feel bad because 'i only watched one episode of anime today, what a nonproductive day!'
    Plan: I'm gonna label "easy mode" as "normal mode" and an actual normal mode as "hard mode". So they will feel good on beating my game in "hard mode" :D
    I've gathered a lot of interesting numbers from my game tech demo. Dear my test subj- *ehm* I mean my testers, y'all are the hero.
    richter_h
    richter_h
    Well, at this point, there's a wide gap when I think about it again. Next time, it might be a bit narrower, considering your te- I mean, your guests had known what you've got in store.

Also, remember:
    "Don't be hero!" -- a certain Aibou, around 2012, maybe.
    Wavelength
    I always feel like a music without its main lead melody/vocal usually sounds better. And now, this also happens to some of my music.
    Reactions: EpicFILE
    EpicFILE
    EpicFILE
    I think as long as the melody is not overly complicated, it's still fine too.
    Video games music is more of a constant background music, so there needs to be enough complexity (to make it not boring) but not overbearing as well. :D
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Depends on what you mean by complicated.
    Most of the time I don't think the lead is complicated, but if it's removed, I could listen to some hidden arrangement that was "blocked" by the melody. And the background arrangement usually has "no pattern", and a little bit "chaotic" (for lack of better words), but they somehow still sounds nice. Unlike melody that has a set of flow.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Bluh... glad this present heatwave is coming to a close...
Look what I found, it was my first ABS.

This project was never completed because I had lost the computer where it was stored.
Character Creator for RPGM 2000, VX, XP, & LPC Style Sprites | RPG Maker News #72

Is there any way to get more than 8 enemies in a troop in RMMV or is that limit pretty much hardcoded into the engine?
Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewVegasVaultboy