Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm glad MIDI is gone though.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I won't be gone though.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah, I know. But you know, the fact that the sound was different from synthesiser to synthesiser is something I won't really miss. Some synthesisers sounded really good though, that is true. :D
    What is the difference between status effect and states?
    Why no one endorse flat earth idea? isn't it nice that we don't have to deal with different timezone? :(
    I always forget that most of websites have "Back to top" button. I always scroll my way through to the top than clicking them :(
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Kes, first, looks at the top-left screen which is icon of 3 lines. Next, look under Find Threads. Finally, it is under Forum tabs. Are you see it now? If not, I sent the pictures to your pm.
    Kes
    Kes
    @Kupotepo Ah, the thing is, I only have the 3 lines icon on my phone (where indeed there is the 'My threads' option). It doesn't appear when I'm on my laptop.
    Riazey
    Riazey
    Even if there is a back to top and I wanna go up to it, I always grab that sidebar and yeet it up... must be some wierd ocd thing I HAVE to do it haha.
    Sometimes, it's so hard to resist
    "this boss is too easy, what if I add more gimmicks". Then I remember most of my players might be already dying fighting the boss.
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    There's a big difference between "too easy" and "too samey"! Sometimes the challenge is in the right place, but the boss is just too boring - and you can give them more interesting (not necessarily more powerful) moves, or even gimmicks that work in favor of the player.
    Qeo
    Qeo
    @Kuro DCupu

Depends on the game. If the whole game is intended to be harder then a normal game alright, but to make every boss OP in what is supposed to be a normal RPG that would just be weird.
    Qeo
    Qeo
    @Kupotepo

I think for a normal RPG easy bosses should be early game only, then gradually become hard. Most video games have some sort of challenge involved, otherwise it's more an interactive story. You can still see what happens in games that are challenging on youtube.
    So ms store had an idea to nuke the the entire app when the file integrity is slightly broken.
    BCj
    BCj
    So, your progress gets reset? Mess.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Yes unfortunately
    Expectation: Working on boss battle.
    Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    Literally me for the past 2 years, except replace expectation with "Any Progress".
    What if I start to make final boss first then crawl down from there to make lesser bosses
    Avery
    Avery
    Would be an interesting game concept as well... first you beat the big boss, then you have to find and tackle his minions while you get weaker and more tired with every fight...
    Qeo
    Qeo
    A game where the enemy gets less threatening every battle sounds like something I would pay to Not play.
    Eibon
    Eibon
    a game where level is lost of power and you grow weaker and weaker is actually an idea i have had but that i dont want to ellaborate lol
    tfw, I found one of my skill ability in my game is not worth picking and had to plan to buff it. But my players seemed to use it without complaining. Now, idk if I should buff it or leave it as is.
    The Anthem of the Heart is such a good movie. Where I have been all of these times.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    Spoiler Alerts: this story is around the main character' s parent divorce. It is a lot of drama and musical if you like those. Mortal lesson is do not be a whistleblower because you get into a trouble. Let a business as usually happen. I am kidding the clear moral lesson is do blame something else and accept your past. Then, you are finally more on with your life.
    Have you ever thought of a cool game feature idea but ended up dropping it halfway because you're too lazy to make it works even though you can?
    Reactions: Nenen
    Nenen
    Nenen
    That's honestly most of my problem, other than the fact that I don't have as much freetime as I thought I would.
    Kuro DCupu
    Kuro DCupu
    Cus I'm an adult, and adults never have time.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @TheoAllen, Yes, I do. Learning opportunity cost can be time consuming, plus it might be beyond my current abilities. How about you? Please share your funny story with us?
    Good thing about MIDI:
    It sounds different based on the synthesizer.

Bad thing about MIDI:
    It sounds different based on the synthesizer.
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Well technically MIDI is just the method to store the data, the sound is played by samples which can be changed :p
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    True. My friend once used MIDI format not to actually store a music arrangement, rather create a beatmap for a rhythm game because MIDI editor is convenient.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I am working on a big DLC package for my game.... and it will add a new intro and extend the ending of the base game, while of course adding additional content to the game... Yeah, that should work! lol
I'm stuck, I'm making some of Mr. N's Dialogue but I can't finish his full Dialogue...heres what I got now [this is the part I'm stuck on] "You treat me like a
bug, I'M SICK OF IT, you had me make these...abominations...well, now..." and at the "Well, now...' part I'm stuck at, anyone got Ideas?
Ami
--- Top Up ---

Merchant: Diamond Sword cost 100 Diamonds
F.Magic Knight
: I don't have Diamonds,what should we do?
M.Knight: I don't have any choice,i have to Buy Diamonds with my Card
F.Magic Knight
: You do?
(M.Knight's Balance Just Have 1.25)
M.Knight: (Chuckle) Maybe,later…
Decided to add the option to customize decor/furniture in the player's base -- a couple of item options per furniture slot, some different carpets, etc. It's not really difficult to event, but oh goodness it's much more tedious to implement than I anticipated :'D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arsene04