TheoAllen
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Doing commisions in holyday. Doesnt feel like holiday
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Working during holidays doesn't feel like holidays... My life during the last holiday season... XD
    How is that battle system script coming? Hope it is going well. :)
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    How I am setting it up is a priority like system. For my system in example, if you get closer and closer to an enemy mage, he is more likely to run away from the character. I would have checks and if the check is true it impacts the usage chance in some way.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Because I'm lazy developer, I also looking for the way to set them up easily. IF everything setup inside the hardcoded script, that would not be problem. But I'm also looking the way for those who dont understand how to script understand the concept.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    That said, I spent approximately 5 months just deciding how the setting for TSBS looks like. Because I hate consecutively put action keys like tankentai did, and notebox settings like victor's and symphony. Yet, I wanted it to be a versatile battle system.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Thank you very much :3

I wish that too. And also, since mixing and mastering is not my forte, I only convert this from the midi file with a little adjustment.
    Susan
    Susan
    Sounds really good. You'll make a fine composer yet, TheoAllen. ;)
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    Great song!
    Sometimes, deciding how the configuration looks like for the script user is the hardest part
    MHRob
    MHRob
    I'm no scripter, but wouldn't it be easier to pretend as if you had a younger relative that was interested in using your script and that you would do things as simple as possible with simple explanations and an example for how this or that functions, to help them understand? Or is it the language thing that's the problem? Personally, all the scripts I use that are yours seemed pretty easy to understand thus far, but I haven't checked out your battle system so I don't know...
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    You know, it's not only about easier config and explanation. But also determining what exactly is the user need in same time. Only a few step and you don't need any extra step to get the job done. Or at least, that's the motto of my scripts. Because I'm lazy developer.
    MHRob
    MHRob
    Lol. Don't worry, I understand.
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Yeah traps, area based buffs/de-buffs come to mind :)
    Liak
    Liak
    If some enemies counterattack or reflect, you might want to drop your AOE only on enemies that don't. Then it can be a good idea to drop it on an empty field next to the enemies.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Timed bombs, lol I just thought the same
    Wrote a looong PM and when I hit reply, it gave me "RPG Maker Forum is currently under maintenance" *sigh*
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    I always Ctrl + C any of my posts or messages before I hit the 'Send' button. It's a good habit to get into. Saves you lots of time and grief. ;)
    seita
    seita
    Everyone learns to write all their messages on notepad eventually, just depends on how many emails/messages/PMs/essays they lose before they learn
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I have a good internet connection, so that I hadn't thought about using notepad / clipboard to save my writing. And it was an unexpected accident. Oh well, I'm going to rewrite it anyway.

Good luck with the forum maintenance (P.S: I hope this forum won't die just like RMVX.net)
    Next challenge : Make artificial intelligence
    Nirwanda
    Nirwanda
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Yes, it's trying to 'kill' me right now :p
    Nirwanda
    Nirwanda
    That's how it all starts...an rpg maker game menaces to end humanity as a whole!

On a less dumb note, let's hope that hard (and oftentimes tedious) work ends up paying off. :)
    decided to continue my 2 months abandoned script. I have no idea what I've done
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    I had that problem updating my battle system XD.

What script is it?
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Check my new status update
    This would be better for my event chase player script
    Another Fen
    Another Fen
    Mmm, probably one way to improve the algorithm would be preferring nodes that have an preferrably short expected rest distance (if the total distance does not increase), so on the obstacle free map you should be able to instantly evaluate a perfect path.

You should be able to achieve it by preferring recently added nodes, but I'm not sure at the moment.

Despite from that: Good work. I like it. :)
    Another Fen
    Another Fen
    Nevermind, seems I misunderstoff what you did... Still neat demo :)
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I got better algorithm now. Thanks to my friend in facebook. Will be showcased later :D
    Script is the most of things that could drive people crazy. "Are u using any script?", "Maybe, some of your scripts interfere the system", "Have you tried it in fresh project?"
    Zeriab
    Zeriab
    Sweet suffering.

Best part about having scripter students is having that that suffering up close. You should try it Theo. It's surprisingly enjoyable.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I have a lot of apprentices already in Indonesian RM community lol
    Shaz
    Shaz
    I withdraw my earlier statement. It is not scripts or people who use scripts that drive people crazy. It is scripting teachers who make their students suffer, for no reason other then their own enjoyment.

*cough* Zeriab!!!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally! I've been puzzling over why it wasn't working for two days now. Turns out all of my calculations were correct, I just forgot to give some events hitboxes. :kaoswt: Now my randomly generated maps check for collision errors, and move stuff around in real time if they finds any. :LZSexcite:
Ami
--- OP Candy ---

Kids: Trick Or Treat!
Hero: Alright,here's the Candies (Give A Bunch Of Candy).
Kids: Thank you,Mister! (Running)
Hero: How cute they are…
F.Archer: Did you give them a OP Candy,accidently?
Hero: Huh?
Halloween, a day where kids are encouraged to take candy from strangers.
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakshitkaneki