TheoAllen
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Bookmarked lots of links. Never looked it back, cz I actually forgot that I bookmarked that
    Sometimes when I listen to a music. I want to create a scene just so that I could put a music on the scene
    GrandmaDeb
    GrandmaDeb
    I do that i my mind when I listen to classical music. I think it is because I was raised with Peter and the Wolf and Sleigh Ride (before lyrics) and other story-telling music.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    I get that too at times. Some of my scenes get inspired when I hear a very nice tune.
    Meanwhile, I'm here never see a snow with my own naked eyes.
    It's been like a week (or 2) spending my time proof reading cutscenes dialogue. Cz I'm suck at writing. The plot isn't moving forward _:3
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I've been hiatus from actually writing a story since my standard went up (and found out my story works full of cringeys). I used to enjoy write random story when I was young, so I kinda missed those times :')
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    When designing a game, it never hurts to write a short story across 5 pages (front and back) to help get you back into. A little bit of practice helps. :D Even if writing game dialogue and writing stories is different. Dialogue for both is similar :D
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Last game I made was no actual story, just a dialogue to fill the emptiness without actual goal / context. So it was easy enough because I was focusing on the battle itself.

So yeah, you could say that im exercising now. If ppl made small game for exercise of using the tool, I'm more like for writing :D
    Reactions: Tai_MT
    tfw comparing dialogues between a prequel project and sequel project. And found some major inconsistency between those two _:3
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    i might end up updating the prequel project instead because the dialogues were made hastily. And I found a better way for the character directions in sequel project like as their relationship and things
    BinaryResidue
    BinaryResidue
    Woah!!! You developed a sequel and prequel at the same time :o #respect
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    heh, the prequel was already released like 2-3 years ago lol
    Tfw, got carried away of making a long dialogue. Lol man, I hate info dump in a game, but I'm dumping info myself in my game _:3
    Ever feels like to redraw everything in your game because your drawing skill just improved?
    I feel like losing my hand after my mouse broke, and now using a touch pad. Gonna buy a new one I guess
    Reactions: EpicFILE
    EpicFILE
    EpicFILE
    I know how it feels. :(
    Using a touch pad is challenging, especially when you are making maps
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    I got stuck with a touch pad for so long that the mouse is out of my control now ^^
    The perk of can do script is you start looking at the game script first before thinking if it could be implemented by default editor
    Reactions: BlueMoon
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I disagree here. I consider engine if it's something simple.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Something obvious may still keep using the engine. But when I stumbled upon something, instead of trying a workaround on the engine side solution, I'd just start to script that
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah. I use engine for simple changes. For even simpler ones I use the editor. I only create plugins for when I'm creating something that is bigger and not part of the engine.
    How do you come up with an idea for the name of your monsters in game?
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    @Matseb2611 It'll be great fun until you reach the Nightmare Floor of Clogging Zombies.
    And I'll be able to use Spanish Guitar musics for this one! ;)
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Wasn't sure what clogging style was so had to look it up. Looks awesome. Is it like tap dancing then?
    All this is starting to remind me of Crypt of the Necrodancer game. :p
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Yeah, it's all been done already! :p Clogging is like tap dancing but noisier and with less moves and less world tours LOL
    Who agree with me that mapping is the boring phase in developing _:3
    Reactions: ts50 and EpicFILE
    Alexander Hawksmoor
    Alexander Hawksmoor
    I go through phases tbh. Most of the time I hate mapping, I'd rather be sorting out the database, developing the story. What I tend to do is do a rough design of my map n game then let a mapper give it some much TLC because then the map still looks the way I want it to but better lol.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Yeah now im just sketching up my map without aesthetic and gonna touch it later lmao
    ts50
    ts50
    I think it's very boring, like you, that's why I use sample maps often. @Tai_MT I actually like doing database work, especially skills.
    Considering to put my battle mechanic (with demo) in idea & prototype hmm... but that wont be a surprise anymore :o
    EpicFILE
    EpicFILE
    Honestly, I'm interested to try it out
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Well, I guess I'd end up share it, not today/tonight though
    EpicFILE
    EpicFILE
    Looking forward to it :D
    Implementing a skill level system. And each skill has unique improvement (means different script to edit), i feel like im gonna kms _:3
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    But to be honest though, I'm not sure which one is easier. Skill copy might be easier to track, but it's hassle when you want to edit the base skill so that it affects all the other skills

In other hand, script might also hard to track because you might forgot which part u've edited and what effect the skill gives u at a certain level lol.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    No matter which way you go, it's a hassle. Script just saves you a lot more space. It's why I say it's more efficient. :D I just prefer my way since I don't have to mess with yet another script/plugin and I know I won't use 1400 extra slots for enemy skills.

I actually just set up the base stats of each skill and then balance my game around that. I found it easier.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    True dat. I guess I'd just have to start take a note somewhere
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just for the record you CAN use the "Exclude unused files" successfully to trim a project down seriously even if you're doing calls to various assets via plugins and such. BUT you need to do a full playtest of pretty much every option to ensure you did get every one of those other assets added in. Then I dumped the assets into a fresh copy of the project and yay it was like 400 Meg......
party time.png
If you've played Knight Shift Chapter 1 this image'll mean something to you. If not, that's also fine!
Here's a medical question for ya: Why do I start lightly coughing after I drink coffee?
Well, someone "reviewed" my game. Didn't credit me anywhere in the video and spent 2 minutes insulting it. Going to ignore that and move on.
To cut down on map lag, I've been researching how to implement a lighting layer as a single map overlay instead of a bunch of individual lights. Hopefully I'll have a screenshot soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19TaTo94