Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

Reactions: Kes
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Or course it's one of my own :D
    Reactions: Kes
    Kes
    Kes
    It has been one of my enduring sadnesses that, although I can work out simple script calls and very complex damage formulas, I cannot write a script to save my life.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    True. Before I could do script, I designed a game based on available scripts. It was horrible cz I didn't like how the way it is especially when I had balancing/mechanic idea yet I couldn't implement it
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    That's pretty cool. Aura skills that deal additional damage to the enemies.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Yeah, i've been thinking le whole time how can I mix 2 elements damage in a single skill, but none of them satisfied me. Then I played a certain game where it has additional echo/bonus damage. Then I thought, hey, this is a good idea to mix 2 elements damage to a skill
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    I remember it as an RM game with some of the most fun and strategic battles. We had a long discussion about some of the boss strategies on the game's thread. :D
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Really? I didn't remember that. I guess the fan of the game can remember better than the creator try to remember who's their game's fan :o
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Yeah, that's true, especially if you interact with many fans, then the details become blurry and it's hard to remember what you discussed with whom.
    Didn't expect after years of abandoning your script. It feels like you're working with someone else script. Glad I put wall of text there
    Reactions: starlight dream
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Yeah, days sometimes are enough. But man, this script is like more than 6000 lines and I almost didn't understand every single line. So I pray everytime when I insert stuff, I won't break the rules defined by past me
    cabfe
    cabfe
    Same here. I found some old programs from my school days and I'm still wondering what I wanted to do with it.
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Yeah, especially when you've been not really touching scripts for a while..
    tfw, u like an anime and u keep listening to the OP/ED song for a whole week
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    story of my life lol
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    It happens to the best of us..
    MushReen
    MushReen
    Me neither. I keep listening to my favorite OP/ED song of an anime for at least 1 month.
    Dumb question, but what element are you playing in Granblue Fantasy?
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I can say I'm avatar right now lol. But my best grid is earth currently
    Good thing bout MV: It gets update
    With VNM is going to be released, do you think ppl gonna make VN with only using VNM default resources like RM?
    Reactions: Applesaws
    Applesaws
    Applesaws
    Most certainly. Even worse is that there's no generator so we'll be seeing the same characters over...and over...and over
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I'm seeing that a certain character will have different personalities in different projects. Different personalities for RM RTP character ain't problem (some of them even barely have personalities). But for VM default resource, I think it's gonna be awkward lol
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    It's not a bad thing. This will be some peoples entrance into the game development scene and will be a great starting point. After they've made a few games and want to make something unique, they'll start making their own resources, not because of pressure but to make their game as good as it can be.
    Tmw, my fave games mostly made using either xp / vx, while im using vxa myself
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    Also, Theo I'm curious to hear what you think of MV? I ask because I've seen some pretty awesome scripts you made some years ago for VXA :3
    richter_h
    richter_h
    I'm still using VX because it would take some more years to rebuild my project into either Ace or MV.

Anyway, I think he's still in doubt about MV. Inability to play MIDI files was the main hindrance for him CMIIW
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    It's funny, because it's like telling me I cant do **** in more advanced engine (why not go back at more primitive engine?)

@Kyuukon if u mean by my fave vx games, well some of them were developed way before vxa release. The rest is u can see at richter_h comment

regarding mv, imma gonna pm u about it. it's kinda long to post here
    I guess, 544x418 resolution game is not selling much in these days eh
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I've never understood this obsession with high res myself. To me, a high res monitor = I get headaches as the text size is too small for most games! Just how do people find that fun?
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I mean, I tried to play the high res Baulder's Gate remake...had to give up and go back to the original as everything was just too tiny for me to tell what is what.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Yeah, that's exactly how it feels. I think older games, especially the ones done in pixel art style, look best in smaller resolutions. Bigger resolutions just end up with vast spaces and tiny characters, icons, and text.
    How would u do an 'another world' like map where mystical creatures lives? Would be a colorful? or dark?
    Reactions: starlight dream
    VideoWizard
    VideoWizard
    Using unearthly settings can help. In my game, to the heroes, bushes would be like trees, houses like mansions, rocks like boulders, and people like mighty colossal beings.
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    It's an aesthetic choice so it can contrast with ur real world but still look appealing. Considering there are so many free and paid assets for RM with different looks, you can keep the default as your main world and use another artist's stuff for the magic World map. Or vice versa.
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    I suggest to take a look at the various resources available, to see if something fits your vision. Lots of free ones are on this forum + other web sites too.
    Let's be honest. Making battle related stuff is hard. Let it be battle sprites, battle bgm, or battle system
    Still going to delve my RGSS3 scripting skill 
    steering2.gif
    ..........YOU ARE ALIVE!?
    nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    true lol I am dev a game in MV but even if I complain about how sh*tty MV can be I always return to play with...because it's challenging xD

and I am stuborn.

and also...I am converting Venka crafting script <3
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    challenging and troublesome are different matter tbh. And anyway, good luck on your script converting
    nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    and you too good luck with your game making =w=

well honestly I am converting the script for my own use...since venka is inactive :(

so I can't ask her permission to port the script in MV for public use
    Long time no visit, looks like the whole forum face has changed. I'm spectating, don't mind me.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Welcome. The badges are gone and so are the friends lists. Still it's not too bad.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I never use friend list feature anyway lol
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    I liked it so I could see the status updates of my friends. But it isn't too difficult to search throught the updates.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Got a windowskin working nicely to go with Mog's menu plugins.
p8BE5bj.png

tsD4gZS.png

nwpeK84.png
Just getting started on RPG maker and having a blast!
I am once again escalating in the kitchen. I might or might not be 4 types of cookies into baking and not finished...
Today is a great day!
A bust of my character, Lizzabelle, that I put together in GIMP. I combined the RMMZ generated face with my actual illustration of her. This is just me experimenting with busts. I don't really want to use busts in dialogue, but perhaps in the character menu.

2Ixbzbd.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urunofficalvisualizer