Recent content by TheoAllen

1. TheoAllen

How you tackle Classes and Skills Progression/Customization

It's not an issue, it's a design decision. Some designs require you to not level up mid dungeon because that would trivialize stuff or something. A design like lobby --> dungeon --> lobby --> dungeon probably one of the examples.
  2. TheoAllen

How you tackle Classes and Skills Progression/Customization

Having a mentor to travel with you is the same as learning anywhere from the menu. However, if you can only learn new skills in a town or a certain place, that opens up a gameplay design that "once you enter this dungeon, you will not able to level up, learn a new skill, etc, even if you...
  3. TheoAllen

My game is a direct sequel and that wasn't even a year after the prequel. I feel personally attacked

My game is a direct sequel and that wasn't even a year after the prequel. I feel personally attacked
  4. TheoAllen

Script Call Support Boards

Just write this. Replace map_id and event_id of course $game_self_switches[[map_id, event_id, 'A']]
  5. TheoAllen

Enchanting vs Augmentation

In my project, I don't have this. It was an example of how you can use it.
  6. TheoAllen

Because you could have an assault rifle that uses an exploding bullet or assault rifle that uses a rubber bullet while still being an assault rifle. The assault rifle is an automatic firearm in which if you pull the trigger, it will keep shooting. Meanwhile, if you use a revolver, it will only...
  7. TheoAllen

The answer is it determines your playstyle even if you use the same equipment. I'm more into augment > enchant. Mainly because augment gives more options than just upgrade your equipment permanently. It doesn't matter if it's online or offline. Augment also works better in a non-magic setting...
  8. TheoAllen

Tint screen during battle animation frames

That wasn't an answer I was expecting. You're requesting a script, in what way you expect to use this script? what kind of setting you're expecting to do?
  9. TheoAllen

Tint screen during battle animation frames

The editor can not be changed. How would you expect to set this up? What kind of workaround do you expect to do? a script config? a notetag in the animation name?
  10. TheoAllen

Is it possible to make a modifier * 0?

Here a simpler solution. class Game_Battler alias overriden_mrg mrg def mrg return 0 if states.any? {|state| state.note.include?("<suppress mrg>")} return overriden_mrg end end All you need to do is to give a state with notetag <suppress mrg> So if the state is added to the...
  11. TheoAllen

Jokes on you, there are several discussion that does not revolve around battle mechanic already...

Jokes on you, there are several discussion that does not revolve around battle mechanic already. Except if you expect something like a story, which, falls into the realm of spoilers.
  12. TheoAllen

Different mechanics for bosses and low tiers?

I don't get this topic all about. But my understanding is that you're proposing that the battle mechanic for the non-boss battle is different than boss battle?
  13. TheoAllen

At this point, the only thing that would interest me is when I could finally buy MZ so I can...

At this point, the only thing that would interest me is when I could finally buy MZ so I can plan my financial. They took it too long that I've spend it somewhere else ... RIP.
  14. TheoAllen

Maybe, anime is your actual life and real life is something you watch.

Maybe, anime is your actual life and real life is something you watch.
  15. TheoAllen

Or depends on what you mean by "automated test". I do a lot to bypass the "initial setup"...

Or depends on what you mean by "automated test". I do a lot to bypass the "initial setup", basically writing a custom test case, hardcoded, but that is not exactly automated.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone here managed to never burn out on programming? My current limit is 3 months(6-8 hours per day, 7 days per week, 50 hour programming week on average), and then I just have to take a break, sometimes lasting few days(with at most 2 hours on programming per day). I've been always like this so far, so I admire those who can always be so passionate on programming :)
This is starting to become a momochi collection y'all!
Meet Swefo The candy Eater!

Hide your candy... I or I sweefe sweefefooo~~~
Automatic level scaling without an option to turn it off can be a very bad choice for a game. The worst I've ever seen was in Nightmare of Druaga, where if a power outage made your system turn off, the game detects it as an attempted cheat and overwrites your save while taking away your best gear, leaving you unable to progress at the late stages of the game, and unable to recover.
Problem with sequels: Heroes getting rid of all their items and forgets all of their skills within the span of a year without explanation. :kaomad3:
I can see the end of my prologue. Perfect time to decide to pull everything over into MZ, right? Right?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Awro89