Recent content by TheoAllen

1. TheoAllen

Arguing on the internet is literally turn-based combat.

Arguing on the internet is literally turn-based combat.
  2. TheoAllen

It's synthetic (I can't even play a real instrument). There is even a MIDI download in the video...

It's synthetic (I can't even play a real instrument). There is even a MIDI download in the video description if you want to look at the composition.
  3. TheoAllen

I've been extending some of my music from 1 minute to 3-4 minutes. And so far, this is my...

I've been extending some of my music from 1 minute to 3-4 minutes. And so far, this is my personal best
  4. TheoAllen

What are Your favorite Game Soundtracks?

You asked us why but you haven't told us why you like those. First of all, most soundtracks grow on me as I play the game (well, of course). So, if I like the soundtrack, I also like the game because it either reminds me of the game or it just stuck in my head. The exception to this is probably...
  5. TheoAllen

RMMZ [WIP] Theo's Battle Sequence Engine MZ

Before we talk about animated front battle sprites (I assume that you mean, technically, the actors are invisible while only the enemies are visible, which I haven't tested this particular case since it was meant for rear/side-view action sequence, both sprites are visible), the only thing that...
  6. TheoAllen

Orphan hero trope

Good trope if you want to have an underage MC and don't want to explain their parent and their relationship. Irrelevant trope if your MC is a grown adult.
  7. TheoAllen

RMMZ Autorun in plugin

Look at the Game_Player object. Game_Player.prototype.canMove = function() { if ($gameMap.isEventRunning() || $gameMessage.isBusy()) { return false; } if (this.isMoveRouteForcing() || this.areFollowersGathering()) { return false; } if (this._vehicleGettingOn...
  8. TheoAllen

RMMZ Autorun in plugin

Which command do you wish to use?
  9. TheoAllen

Difference between Missing and Evading?

Same, I also don't like how certain hit is implemented. I don't know how you did it. But ... class Game_Battler alias tsbs_eva item_eva def item_eva(user, item) return 0 if item.note[/<always hit>/i] tsbs_eva(user, item) end alias tsbs_hit item_hit def item_hit(user...
  10. TheoAllen

What is more important in a game? (And why?)

BGM - a nice BGM is good, but I played several quiet games or just turn it off and then use external music. Animation - Should be merged with Graphics tbh. Gameplay (out of battle?) - Bold if you assume I only play a battle intense game. Battle - Yes, no need for more explanation. Story - Not...
  11. TheoAllen

RMMZ Running code in parallel at all times

Adding a new line of code to be executed in the main game loop is not a technique you should start crediting someone when you use it. It is pretty much common practice. But you can always put the name of whoever told you the technique as a token of gratitude in your plugin description.
  12. TheoAllen

How to reward your players?

For a traditional RPG, there are not many things to "reward" your players. It's just a tribute (if it ends up being a cameo, and I personally did not count that as a reward tbh). However, for more competitive games, you can actually reward your players by making a contest. $100 for the winner...
  13. TheoAllen

Yes, I answered that. For doing a certain action in-game. Does that not count?
  14. TheoAllen

According to this statement. Your favorite games are either arcade games or roguelike games or both. Which is not a small demographic. But think of it this way, if I slay your goblin enemy 100x times, it's proof that I already beat the enemy. If I'm not getting rewarded by easier life (for...
  15. TheoAllen

Various engagements with the game (battles, clearing stage, discovering the secret areas, etc).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I added reflections and shadows. Though one of the party seems to have no reflection, is floating, with glowing eyes. I'm sure it's fine.
p7O1sjG.png
Well. *That* was an entertaining fustercluck — and that’s not meant nearly as sarcastically as it sounds. I just had to make four different versions of the same conversation:
1: Attained MacGuffin.
2: Have not attained MacGuffin, but know its location.
3: Do not know MacGuffin’s location, but have a good idea where to find it.
4: Do not know where to look for MacGuffin.
Yep, feels good to be back. ^.^
I'm soooooooooo tired TT___TT why can't there be a plugin to let me sleep + work simultaneously ... !!
Mixing different pixi filters over a picture. :MV3:

lumina_in_space.jpg

I don't know if my game dev skills are improving... But my waifu making ones sure are. :LZSwink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanvorhn