Recent content by TheoAllen

1. TheoAllen

this is basically average adulthood weekend.

this is basically average adulthood weekend.
  2. TheoAllen

Yes/No confirmation should never next to each other. Imagine closing a work, you haven't saved...

Yes/No confirmation should never next to each other. Imagine closing a work, you haven't saved it yet, then you misclick no on the save confirmation window.
  3. TheoAllen

What were your experiences when learning to program?

After I read the book of ruby and start from zero, everything became make sense.
  4. TheoAllen

I like bug hunting much more than the chores of mapping. Actually, I hate everything that does...

I like bug hunting much more than the chores of mapping. Actually, I hate everything that does not use my brain to solve something.
  5. TheoAllen

Slow down in water script...

Here are the 5 lines to do it class Game_Character def real_move_speed super - (region_id == 3 && $game_switches[xxx] ? 1 : 0 ) end end Edit the condition accordingly.
  6. TheoAllen

About "Mod" option on variables

Let start with this to get 1 from 1234, divide it by 1000 to get 2 from 234, divide it by 100 to get 3 from 32, divide it by 10
  7. TheoAllen

Is it possible to "hide" comments in common events so they aren't parsed?

Yes, I completely understand. Well, I'm about to give the reason why it isn't zero. So you actually get my point. Actually, it is. Please do not evade my example. Regardless of how weird is my example, this is a sample case you need to solve. The conditional branch would not make sense...
  8. TheoAllen

Theo - Pathfinding and Event Chase Player

Read my relevant reply in the other thread https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/move-toward-player-uses-pathfinding.133709/post-1170407 Short answer: no.
  9. TheoAllen

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?forums/site-feedback.14/ you can ask that question here.

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?forums/site-feedback.14/ you can ask that question here.
  10. TheoAllen

Me: "I'm going to buy this game". Steam: "So, you are going to play the game, right?" Me: "..."...

Me: "I'm going to buy this game". Steam: "So, you are going to play the game, right?" Me: "..." Steam: "You are going to play the game, ... right?"
  11. TheoAllen

This explanation also does not really make sense to me because I have no idea about the context as I don't know what is the plugin and how does it work. As I said, comment parsing does not execute event command. Comment parsing usually loops through the list of event commands, filter it if it...
  12. TheoAllen

The reason why conditional would not work is that they need to be checked during the run time to make sense. p2 is a switch. So what is going to happen if you are going to turn the p2 switch off right before the conditional branch? Should it always go to the else branch? Comment parsing does...
  13. TheoAllen

Me: "Let's bookmark this page" Browser: "So, you remember to open it in the future, right?" Me...

Me: "Let's bookmark this page" Browser: "So, you remember to open it in the future, right?" Me: ... Browser: "So, you remember to open it in the future, ... right?"
  14. TheoAllen

But It is. Because comments by default are not parsed at all. They are sitting there do nothing. They are tools (like note box in the database) for plugin developers to do stuff. To change this behavior, the plugin needs to be either edited (or patched).
  15. TheoAllen

RMMV Is it more efficient to put multiple script calls in a single command?

If you noticed ANY frame difference at all, you should look at other factors and not this one. But to answer your question, the eval script is generally slow. You are reading a string and interpret it. Without any basis, I would say multiple eval (second example) probably slower than single...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Newstuff.PNG

Held hostage in my own house half the day by an old man that cant take hints or read body language, STILL manage to make some pixels! booyah! I should get a promotion!....No wait...I should get a job o_O
Potions are to be hoarded, not used... >_>
The full estate map(include 1F,2F,3F and backyard), yes the backyard is a small labyrinth as well as an entrance to a real labyrinth!
Sometimes you Just need to realise someone is beyond help... Still hard to walk away tho :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Braska_Elnor