Recent content by thephoenix112

1. thephoenix112

Game & Map Screenshots 10

Either an additional light layer or blend it in. If you have a few dollars to spend on it, there's a number of helpful people in the commissions section (you'll need 30 posts to see it) that do incredible work for very reasonable prices, and that extra shading just makes games look 100x better...
  2. thephoenix112

Game & Map Screenshots 10

@breakout That looks awesome! The idea of darkening a room that you're not in is actually a really good one, I like it! If you do plan to do more lighting and shadows, just some advice as I see a little bit of it in there already...don't be afraid to make the shadows a little darker and harder...
  3. thephoenix112

Help with party member specific overworld abilities

That may actually be easily done with eventing, no need to write a full script.
  4. thephoenix112

Help with party member specific overworld abilities

I remember a really similar post to this a few months back, so from memory I think the answer was fairly easy. If you want a super simple way though, have specific events see if someone is in your party and then activate or deactivate as needed. So using the bomb as an example, use an event to...
  5. thephoenix112

A script that removes all states with specific tags?

Ah, ****, I don't know why I thought this was for MV, you probably would just need to have it add or remove and check for those things. It's a fairly simple script but I don't know if I know enough to do it in RGSS. If you have some money, it should be a fairly inexpensive script and done...
  6. thephoenix112

A script that removes all states with specific tags?

Are you looking for specific words in the description/title? Or are you wanting to set defining terms for each event and then have any event with a specific flag be affected?
  7. thephoenix112

Question about legal ownership of commissioned assets

To make it as plain english as possible then...by law, work made for hire requires two things. 1) A person is contracted to complete a work as a special order or commission 2) The above work's usage is one of the categories listed, and both parties are aware and agree on its usage, and the...
  8. thephoenix112

According to the law and the clarification by the Supreme Court, if any work is done by a private contractor for commission, and is clearly known to be used under any of the categories listed...it's defined as "work made for hire". It's not really a label you choose, or something you can decide...
  9. thephoenix112

I don't really understand the misunderstanding of what the law states here. If it's about things being "signed", technically all commission and contract work should require a signature and I guarantee 99.999999% of commissions here ever do that. That said, I went directly to the source, the US...
  10. thephoenix112

To further elaborate... http://www.artslaw.org/wfhire.htm "If the work is a "work for hire," it is the property of the client or employer and the creator or artist shall have no rights whatsoever in the work" "The other way for you to end up in a work for hire situation is if you are...
  11. thephoenix112

There are numerous sites that are all stating that the creator must reserve rights. Otherwise it is owned by the contractor. Yes, obviously you should clearly define it anyway but the statements of work owned by the artist beyond a contracted commission dont appear to be backed unless as a...
  12. thephoenix112

https://corporate.findlaw.com/intellectual-property/copyright-ownership-the-work-made-for-hire-doctrine-i.html Wouldnt this fall under Work Made for Hire? It would be one thing if the artist created the work prior and sold licensed usage, but if a person is commissioned to do specific work...
  13. thephoenix112

So GameMaker Studio 2 is getting native support for Nintendo Switch. When's RMMV gonna do the same?

@ashikai : Absolutely, Greenlight...while not the BEST system...was way better than the wild west system now. At least there was some vetting. They got rid of greenlight and suddenly we had 4000 new games in 2016 (35% of the market share in 2016 was released in that one year), then 7600 in...
  14. thephoenix112

So GameMaker Studio 2 is getting native support for Nintendo Switch. When's RMMV gonna do the same?

They had a curation system. Then people abused it. So they just said "screw it, $100 and you're in" thinking that would fix it and now we're in way worse than before, with no signs of change. Nintendo is being very particular, but not exactly "exclusive", just make a solid game and you'll be...
  15. thephoenix112

Except at this time, RPG Maker currently offers no console support at all. There is no viable way to publish an RPG Maker game on any platform outside of mobile and PC. So even if they support HTML5, the lack of licensing and direct support to port the games to that is still the major...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

In the strangest turn of events, my animations now live in the characters folder, and my character images now live in the pictures folder. It's a complicated world, but weirdly a more resource efficient one. :LZSexcite:
Did you know that we use robotic spy animals to learn about how different species behave in the wild? We're only a step away from robotic spy humans, and then Terminator. :p
Not being able to do a commission/request after all and having to give back the money is so heartbreaking.

Sometimes I'm just way too eager to help people out and suddenly find myself in a very deep hole because I'm not gonna be able to finish it. I really hope I don't come across as unprofessional to these people and in general. =n="
Learning Action Sequences!
ANY FEEDBACK APPRECIATED!

Online Platformer TEST DEMO 0.1 - 4 simple Maps. Just jumping test. (I still have 2 minor problems to fix).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NearOnline