Recent content by ThePuffpuff30

1. ThePuffpuff30

Basic Message SE

Got it working. I started getting an error that said something like "Line 51: Divide by 0" but I managed to fix it by switching it to a 1, starting the game, and then switching it back to 0. Doesn't happen anymore for some reason even though the code is exactly what it was before I tried to fix...
  2. ThePuffpuff30

Basic Message SE

Thank you so much man!
  3. ThePuffpuff30

Basic Message SE

I'm actually not putting in an = sign. I've been copy and pasting "message_se(blah)" from the main script into the script event to make sure of it. Here's a screenshot of exactly what I'm putting in the script event (with Absorb1 being used as an example): I still get the same error message...
  4. ThePuffpuff30

Basic Message SE

I figured it uses the script command, but what do I actually put in it? I can't figure it out for the life of me. I tried just putting "message_se("name of the sound effect im trying to use")" into the script box, but the game just crashes and I get this error message: Thank you for putting up...
  5. ThePuffpuff30

Basic Message SE

I'm pretty new to vx ace. Can anyone tell me how I can change a value like "DEFAULT_AUDIO_SOUND = "Cancel2" in an event?
  6. ThePuffpuff30

Weapon isn't doing more damage (VX Ace)

I fixed it. Thank you everyone so much for your help! Being a noob sucks, but I think I'm slowly getting the hang of this.
  7. ThePuffpuff30

The damage formula for the simple Attack command just says 3. That's it. Just "3". Could that be what's wrong?
  8. ThePuffpuff30

Yes, the actor has the weapon equipped, and I'm actually playing the game.
  9. ThePuffpuff30

I'm not asking here because I'm lazy. I'm asking here because I've spent an hour and a half trying to figure this out. I can't find a single other thread about the same issue. I'm also super super new to RPG maker, and I'm sure this is a stupid question, and I'm sorry. So the amount of damage...
  10. ThePuffpuff30

How can I change player appearance through an event?

Nevermind! I found it. I've done this twice now. It's really hard to find a specific thing in the events menu.
  11. ThePuffpuff30

It's not there. I'm using VX Ace.
  12. ThePuffpuff30

How can I make it so the player character changes appearance through an event? For example: The player character has a rain coat on when they walk outside in the rain, but inside they wear their normal clothing.
  13. ThePuffpuff30

So uhh... How do you start a thread?

So uhh... How do you start a thread?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Azihayya wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
Magus avatar homey!
Getting back into the thick of work on Untold Story and it feels great to be back. I'm gonna take what I learned from the Game Jam and try and get some serious work done for the rest of 2021.
The "docs" are honestly soo frustrating. Eg. positionType : "Returns the current position type of the message window." Yes, great. could you please also tell me if 0 was bottom or top, so i don't have to start a playtest to see, because i keep forgetting it all the time, and what are the docs even for, if not that? (it's top btw...)

Here's the combat sprite of Azrael one of the main characters of our game,
with and without weapon.
Hope it's good.
https://discord.gg/Q2uS6Str
The one thing I've always struggled with is creating a story, it halts every single project I've ever worked on. We must be in the twilight zone because I've actually come up with a plot, from beginning to end (it kinda wrote itself). I may very well be on my way to creating my first proper little game, yay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buster420