Followers 2

Birthday:
May 10, 1990 (Age: 28)
Writer

Share This Page

TMS

Guy with Mask, Male, 28, from Ohio

Veteran

Hmm... Maybe my first game should be my horror-ish one. It'd be much less math. lol Mar 19, 2018

TMS was last seen:
Jun 22, 2018 at 5:37 AM
    1. TMS
      TMS
      Hmm... Maybe my first game should be my horror-ish one. It'd be much less math. lol
      1. starlight dream and Thomas Smith like this.
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Less battles to balance because at the end... everybody dies!!! Bwahahahaha ;)
        Mar 20, 2018
    2. TMS
      TMS
      How are there no tutorials for stuff like SAKAN, MADO, and GENE?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Mar 18, 2018
      3. TMS
        TMS
        Ah. Well, at least I'm not alone then. Funny, of the three, SAKAN is the most expensive and, if the reviews are anything to go by, the least useful.
        Mar 18, 2018
        starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Yeah, it seems fairly clunky and unintuitive. At least you get a bunch of new resources you can use; just need to put them together in something like GIMP.
        Mar 18, 2018
        starlight dream and TMS like this.
    3. TMS
      TMS
      Trying to decide if I need a plugin that gives the player a shadow. Do good games need player shadows?
      1. Lantiz likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Lantiz
        Lantiz
        I'd add a round shadow under the sprite instead
        Feb 25, 2018
        TMS likes this.
      4. TMS
        TMS
        That would probably be simpler, though I don't have spriting skills.
        Feb 25, 2018
        Lantiz likes this.
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        Good games need player shadows! They'll drink your potions for you!
        Feb 25, 2018
    4. TMS
      TMS
      Here's the problem with returning to a project every few months. I can't remember how I turned my character's face into a .png file.
      1. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        Hehe it sounds painful...
        Feb 11, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
    5. TMS
      TMS
      Can't remember when I last downloaded a ReStaff thing... It's been a while since my last game attempt.
    6. TMS
      TMS
      Finding music is the most overwhelming part of collecting resources, it seems to me. You don't know what you'll want until you hear it.
      1. just1witness likes this.
    7. TMS
      TMS
      You know, given how small the VX Ace enemies look in MV, they might actually go better with the SV battlers than MV's enemies.
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        The randomness of scale in the RTP has always baffled me. The MV horses are a much better size for Ace sprites, for instance.
        May 13, 2017
    8. TMS
      TMS
      I wonder why the MV BGMs skip from "Theme2" to "Theme6."
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        If you downloaded from the site, you missed the base resources download, which has the rest of the music and other graphical assets like the sci-fi stuff. If from Steam, check your dlc folder for the base resources. It doesn't skip, some stuff just got relocated to a different download as pity on slow internet connections. X3
        Apr 18, 2017
        Llareian likes this.
      3. TMS
        TMS
        I bought it on Steam. The only thing under DLC when I go to MV in my library is that "season pass" thing I bought earlier this month. If I look for more DLC in the store, I don't see anything about "base resources." It looks like I've been ripped off...
        Apr 18, 2017
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        Put in a ticket on the site. Perhaps they can help.
        Apr 18, 2017
    9. TMS
      TMS
      May take a day or two of work just to export all the sound effects and other resources that VX Ace gave you and MV didn't for some reason.
    10. TMS
      TMS
      The headbands that come with the MV character generator never look right unless the character is bald...
      1. Llareian likes this.
    11. TMS
      TMS
      I feel like I can always generate a random character on MV's generator for instant inspiration.
      1. Dalph likes this.
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        I get a pink haired old guy most of the time when I push that random button, it's a recurring nightmare.
        Apr 7, 2017
        Susan, TMS, Marsigne and 1 other person like this.
      3. Kes
        Kes
        So what's your psyche doing to influence that, I wonder?
        Apr 7, 2017
        Dalph likes this.
    12. TMS
      TMS
      Those side-view battlers really are valiant, considering they're smaller than rats.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        They only appear small. They're just standing really far back so as to let the majesty of the monsters be on full display, so you can better admire how well they destroy said monsters.
        Apr 4, 2017
        Marsigne likes this.
    13. TMS
      TMS
      Speaking of MV's generator, why's it only let you make one kid? lol
      2. TMS
        TMS
        What's a "season pass" in this context?
        Apr 4, 2017
      3. KaBlooZio
        KaBlooZio
        Tis this =3
        Apr 4, 2017
        TMS likes this.
      4. TMS
        TMS
        Thanks! I may have to get that. I mean, it'll be $10 less than buying the four packs separately whenever they're released.
        Apr 4, 2017
    14. TMS
      TMS
      Funny how MV's character generator reserves certain expressions for certain genders. I may swap a few out.
      1. gub likes this.
    15. TMS
      TMS
      My last two questions in the support forums have dozens of views but no replies. I thought they would be pretty simple...
      1. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Sometimes, even if they are some people likely just assume someone else will answer it. Could be lots of other little reasons to.
        Apr 3, 2017
      2. TMS
        TMS
        Am I allowed to bump them or anything? I'd really like to get them answered, but the last one's already half a year old.
        Apr 3, 2017
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Yeah, for the average thread, you can bump them after 72hrs. Other threads like your own personal resource thread can be bumped once a day as long as there are updates. With no answers previously though, you may want to think about why no one answered. Were you not clear enough, etc...
        Apr 3, 2017
        TMS likes this.
    16. KayZaman
      KayZaman
      Hey, Jason. (Friday the 13th)
      1. TMS
        TMS
        Yeah, it's a busy night.
        Jan 13, 2017
    17. TMS
      TMS
      Please tell me there's a way to perform searches on MV Help...
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        The MV help file only has one page
        Jan 14, 2017
      3. TMS
        TMS
        We must be talking about different things, then. If I click on Help in RPG Maker MV, it gives me Contents and About. If I click on Contents, it takes me to a web page where there's a table of contents on the left, with a bunch of different pages to click on.
        Jan 15, 2017
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        You're right - I thought it was all one big page because the URL was always the same.  That's a pain.
        Jan 15, 2017
    18. TMS
      TMS
      Wonder if it would look okay if I just used Ace monsters in an MV game...
      2. TMS
        TMS
        Ah, always so complicated. In some ways I think this series peaked at XP. But thanks for the advice! When you say "change the UI," do you mean the UI changing because of the change in resolution?
        Nov 13, 2016
      3. kovak
        kovak
        I was thinking about customization, in 1104 x 621 the default one will not change much.
        Nov 13, 2016
      4. TMS
        TMS
        I see. My only concern at the moment is that the battlers look big enough to suit their surroundings in the background.
        Nov 13, 2016
    19. TMS
      TMS
      So many forums...
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. DesperateMeasurez
        DesperateMeasurez
        So little time...
        Oct 29, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    20. TMS
      TMS
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        It only posts when you participate in something using the app. So, when you use the retweet entry, it will post a retweet on your behalf.
        Oct 24, 2016
      3. TMS
        TMS
        Oh, well that's okay. Thanks a lot!
        Oct 24, 2016
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        Happy to help. Good luck in the contest!
        Oct 24, 2016
        1 person likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    May 10, 1990 (Age: 28)
    Writer
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Reading and writing horror/fantasy. I have two collection of short stories, Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places, available as Amazon ebooks. Besides writing and my planned RPG Maker games I have a few other projects in progress as well, such as the creation of customizable card games.

Signature

MY PROJECTS Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]