TMS
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Wonder if it would look okay if I just used Ace monsters in an MV game...
    TMS
    TMS
    Ah, always so complicated. In some ways I think this series peaked at XP. But thanks for the advice! When you say "change the UI," do you mean the UI changing because of the change in resolution?
    kovak
    kovak
    I was thinking about customization, in 1104 x 621 the default one will not change much.
    TMS
    TMS
    I see. My only concern at the moment is that the battlers look big enough to suit their surroundings in the background.
    Does anyone else get depressed looking at what other people have achieved in their completed games?
    Reactions: 1 person
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I don't think its good to compare yourself like that to another developer; especially if we are talking fellow rm developers like on this forum. Everyone has different skill levels that they have honed over time and nobody was born knowing how to draw, make music, or know how to use rpg maker; it takes taking some of your talents and lots of practice.

Not to mention some developers have different time and money they can invest into a project. On top of that even individual games of the same genre will have a different style and focus so even then they don't necessarily compare greatly.

One of the biggest skills you need to learn when game making is finishing a project and that's something experienced users have honed through getting out project after project. So take what motivation you can from seeing other developers work but not let it get you down, rather let it motivate you to achieve that level under your own specific situation.
    Arcmagik
    Arcmagik
    Yeah...
    TMS
    TMS
    I'm sure you guys are right, but it can be discouraging looking up from the bottom of the mountain. I was looking at the RM games offered in this weekend's Steam sale and seeing the animation and original artwork and all that. Maybe I'd feel better if I didn't have so many other things to work on, but the way things are I don't have much time to devote to RPG Maker. But oh well, got to suck it up, I guess. And the games I was looking at probably were team efforts rather than solo projects, so I can't beat myself up too much.
    Now that I have a regular job, I shudder to think how slow the game-making process will be.
    Reactions: 2 people
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Just wait til you're married and with kids...
    TMS
    TMS
    Hopefully that day will never come. lol
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Yeah. You can manage some time but with kids kiss it all goodbye. I had more time during school. lol!
    Placeholders or no, it's hard to pick out the best face graphics for my game's characters.
    ALTERED STATE ?
    ALTERED STATE ?
    Make everyone smiley face stick people
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Yes.  Don't let yourself get held up trying to get the perfect graphics, and be out of motivation and/or time when it finally happens.  Just move on and come back to it later.
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Yes to placeholders. Especially if you're planning to have items made for you. Changing your mind sure can get expensive.
    The Golden Week discounts are very tempting, but I feel like I should wait and see what resources my game actually needs before buying what looks nice.
    Wow, no idea where to begin. It's been a long while since I stopped checking the forums regularly.
    Maybe I should have plugged my book with a new thread... but no one here knows me... since I haven't made any games yet...
    Sharm
    Sharm
    If you had you'd be in trouble.  There's a no advertising rule.
    TMS
    TMS
    Well, lucky break then.
    We can't even choose which page of a topic we want from the stream?
    It's really hard to understand what I'm looking at with this new "stream" thing. I just want to see what topics have been posted in since my last visit.
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Try sorting the activity stream by "unread content."
    TMS
    TMS
    Okay, that seems to work. Is there any way to save my preferences on that?
    My resolution is to finally clear room from my schedule for RPG Maker.
    Oof. 21 pages worth of topics in the last 24 hours. MV seems to have quite the learning curve.
    JosephSeraph
    JosephSeraph
    its more like people asking the same questions because they don't read said 21 pages worth of topics
    TMS
    TMS
    That wouldn't surprise me.
    One good thing about waiting to get MV is that when I do finally download it the community will have smoothed out all the little issues.
    Drawing slowly closer to getting a project out of the way. Then I can finally start making my first RPG Maker game.
    What iittle book did you publish? I wanna know!
    TMS
    TMS
    It's only available as an Amazon ebook, unfortunately (sorry if you were one of the people who have trouble reading on a screen), but it's called Odd Lodgings: Stories of the Preternatural, by Taylor M. Smith. It's a collection of six short stories - not a masterpiece, but it's a start at least.
    StrawberrySmiles
    StrawberrySmiles
    I just saw your comment! It's better than what I have! Nothing. :p
    TMS
    TMS
    Aw. Keep at it!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yet another custom skill animation, sometimes i waste too much time on details people will barely notice :kaocry:
Time flies by... already 1/6th of the calendar released :o
Realizing that 2020 is the only year since 2015 that I haven't made a RM game. Maybe I should do a tiny one to keep the streak?
grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xperiad