TMS
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I like old fantasy literature, Legend of Zelda games, and colorful, bombastic anime. lt'll be hard to figure out the proper proportion for the three influences in my "Phantasy" series.
    Chaos Avian
    Chaos Avian
    For a second I thought you meant Phantasy Star, but then I re-read old fantasy legend :3
    ShinGamix
    ShinGamix
    Zelda Bomb!
    Well, I have names for my game's characters... but I'm worried too many of them start with S.
    Liak
    Liak
    Try replacing the "S" with another letter. :) Maybe some of the names get even cooler, who knows?
    FleetingInfinity
    You could give them a story-related reason for all having names that start with an s if it bothers you.
    TMS
    TMS
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I think people will be able to tell the names apart well enough. It just seems odd to have 3 of 5 characters with S names. I may go ahead and use them, though.
    Sometimes I'll think about starting a topic but wind up not doing it. Just working on a first post can help organize my thoughts on the subject.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    ^ me in Unity forum
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Ha! I do that too bgillisp! I start typing out a problem, and then think "wait, let me try something" and voila! It works!
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    I usually do that too. Or I realize what the problem is a minute or two after I have posted -.-
    Oof... Why can't Ace have messages with wrapping text?
    TMS
    TMS
    I wouldn't mind adding my own line breaks if I had some way of knowing at what point the text gets cut off. It's annoying to have to guess at it and then check every line in testing to see if I need to guess again.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    There are markers in the text input box that show you where to finish your text if you have a picture, and if you don't. It works if you haven't changed the default font. If you need more help, post in the forum. The status feed is not the place to get assistance (forum rules are at bottom of every forum page; there's a link in there to the status feed rules.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    There's also a preview in the text box so you can see how it's going to look - again, if you haven't changed the default font.
    Last night I dreamed about playing the demo for a third Mario Galaxy. Oh, how I wish it were true.
    I feel like it would be hard to get immersed in a game that only takes up part of your computer screen. Of course, if RPG Maker games were full-screen the graphics would be ruined.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    I often get more immersed in games that aren't full screen. Much less intrusive to scroll over if you need to check something else real quick than to have to exit out of the game; a game that demands my undivided attention is annoying, not immersive. Though the option for either is nicest.
    TygerBurnz
    TygerBurnz
    some games li9ke skyborn actuly llok damn good fullscreen
    TMS
    TMS
    Well, maybe my experiences will prove me wrong.

@Archeia:

So between what philteredkhaos linked to and Zeus's system, which would you recommend?

@esbie:

I'll check it out.
    I guess I shouldn't bother with facesets for my characters yet, considering I'm hoping to replace their pictures eventually.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    That's what I did. I just found a faceset that didn't make my eyes bleed to look at it constantly while doing development, and left it at that for now
    Looking for a fog script for VX Ace and I can't decide which to use. Any recommendations?
    TMS
    TMS
    I may give that a shot. Maybe I'll take the few hours necessary to get all the XP fogs off my ancient home computer.
    Faye Valentine
    Faye Valentine
    I recommend Theo Allen's one :) doesn't scroll with the map, and does not requires any core module.
    TMS
    TMS
    Could you link me to that? I'd like to see if I prefer scrolling or non-scrolling.
    One of my best RPG Maker memories was figuring out on my own how to change XP's script to prevent a change of music at the start of battle.
    Either I've gotten dumber with time, or Ace is somewhat less user-friendly than XP was.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Ace is more flexible than XP was. With flexibility comes a learning curve, and complication.

Yes, XP's database was MUCH easier to use. Ace's is MUCH more powerful :)
    Shaz
    Shaz
    And I still miss that third layer too. And being able to say what tiles go on what layer. And the nice, straightforward way autotiles used to behave. And how shift-click mapping USED to work.
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    More power comes with more responsibility... Ace allows you to customize more, which also means that you need to put more work into it... :)
    VX Ace is going to take some getting used to. There's going to be a lot of questions, so please bear with me.
    BoluBolu
    BoluBolu
    Yeah, I remember when I first know RPG Maker at the beginning of April, and VXAce is my first. I'm such a dumbass that like to asking a lot of silly question, but now I already create my own battle engine. The thing is, just don't worry asking a lot of question, it's needed to hasten a catterpillar transformation into a butterfly.
    Susan
    Susan
    That's fantastic, BoluBolu!
    BoluBolu
    BoluBolu
    Well, thanks, but everyone can just do like that. It just a matter of passion and never give up. That's the key, also a lot of question is good. I almost sure those who failed in learning scripting(or anything in this life) is because they are give up, but really the time a people give up is the time they are atually lose. So here I amencouraging TMS :D
    I wonder if it's better to jump right into making a game or to plan out every detail ahead of time.
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    basically, plan out the general storyline at least... That way you lessen the chances of reaching a part where you don't know how to go about the story anymore (been there many times before)
    whitesphere
    whitesphere
    I think it's essential to have the main pieces in place --- world building, basic plot outline, main characters, significant events --- before you ever open RPG Maker. These will then guide your choices while building the game and give you a solid foundation where you can say "This would fit the game, this other thing would not."
    TMS
    TMS
    Thank you all for the comments. It sounds like what I'm hearing describes my process for writing pretty well, so that's good news.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Time flies by... already 1/6th of the calendar released :o
Realizing that 2020 is the only year since 2015 that I haven't made a RM game. Maybe I should do a tiny one to keep the streak?
grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigajaba