Recent content by Tommy Gun

1. Tommy Gun

RPG Maker MV FAQ

Thanks! Fixed.
  2. Tommy Gun

Should I be parallax mapping from the start or after completing the project?

I have a bunch of tutorials for beginners. In my signature is a video explaining how to do basic events and branches (3-part beginner series. You can skip the first if you already know your way around the program) -- they were made for VX Ace, but they work exactly the same in MV.
  3. Tommy Gun

RPG Maker MV FAQ

It's been a while, but I'm back and I updated the FAQ! I mostly fixed links and some formatting issues, but I also added a section for how to fix scaling on high res displays.
  4. Tommy Gun

Sprite Size

I have a tutorial on this: It's for VX Ace, but it's the same in MV.
  5. Tommy Gun

RPG Maker MV FAQ

Your project files are separate from the MV install, and I think you can "update" your project to work with the full version, yes. You should probably ask both those questions in a new thread, though.
  6. Tommy Gun

RPG Maker MV FAQ

Sorry, I've been really busy with other things. Thanks for the note! I've updated a few answers to include the link to 1.1. Eventually I should probably delete some questions altogether, but some people might still be using 1.0, so I'll leave it for now. If there are other questions that need...
  7. Tommy Gun

Ideas for the "Select Item" Command (Demos + Code Tutorial)

In previous RMs they had "key items." In RMMV, you can select regular, key, and hidden items! Here are some ideas for your games.   DEMOS: 2:10 - Trade an item for 3 gears 3:47 - Card game 4:38 - Point-and-click adventure game   CODING: 7:06 - Trade an item for 3 gears 11:17 - Card...
  8. Tommy Gun

RPG Maker MV FAQ

Oh, I just put that in because I think a big draw for people is being able to sell their game on iOS. As far as simply playing it on your own phone, someone else will have to answer because I have no experience in that yet. You might want to start a new thread.
  9. Tommy Gun

[solved] Getting a value from a notetag

Thank you! I knew it was something dumb that I was missing. :)
  10. Tommy Gun

[solved] Getting a value from a notetag

I have item 1 with the notetag: <scrap_glass: 3> I'm trying to use this code in a script call (simplified version): $gameParty.gainItem($dataItems[10], $dataItems[1].meta.scrap_glass);It's not working. What am I doing wrong? I could only find a few threads on notetags, but that's the code...
  11. Tommy Gun

[Solved] Remove item by variable? (script call question)

No problem! You can click the "mark solved" button on my post so it'll show up on the thread list.
  12. Tommy Gun

[Solved] Remove item by variable? (script call question)

#1 - I actually *just* did something like that the other day. Here's what I used (negative "gain" worked fine so I went with it. LoseItem also works): $gameParty.gainItem($dataItems[$gameVariables.value(6)], -1); In your code you used brackets around the value, and didn't use .value. #2 -...
  13. Tommy Gun

Can you "include" JS from a separate file?

What I meant was that if I were to use a json file, I'd have to rewrite my code. I'm not a great coder and don't know a ton of JS. Basically, this is the main code (it would have lots of CASEs):  if (command === 'RandomText') { switch (args[0]) { case 'candles'...
  14. Tommy Gun

So it sounds like there's no way to just cut/paste my editable code into a separate file and include it? That's what I was afraid of. Parsing a json file definitely sounds like the best option, I just don't think I have the time/skill to do that. So I might end up just releasing the plug-in...
  15. Tommy Gun

I have a plug-in in development, and would really like to separate the user-editable code into another file. I'm used to PHP where you can simply "include" another file, and it works as if the code is right there. I found some answers for JS, but they all use other libraries (prototype, ajax...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Have any of you read Sutter Kane?
My winter pack is now free on itch.io!
Writing music for Utara Forest, a location in All the King's Men. Nothing evokes a mysterious, dreamy sound like solo clarinet and modulation!
Man, nobody has created an MZ state animation plugin outside of VisuStella. That breaks my heart.
Finnuval wrote on Alador's profile.
Cute new avatar you got there ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdiouf