Tornado Samurai
Last Activity:
Dec 24, 2015

Share This Page

Tornado Samurai

A Samurai of the Storms, Male, from Guarding a Japanese Village

Veteran

Stumbled upon this demo for a RPG Maker VX Ace Japanese horror game called, LOOM[体験版] (Trial). [ 1073311592682145 ] Saw some "let's play" videos for this as well. It's atmosphere is really scary, the gameplay is great and the art style used is very amazing. Hope this game gets translated. :D Sep 29, 2015

Tornado Samurai was last seen:
Dec 24, 2015
    1. Tornado Samurai
      Tornado Samurai
      Stumbled upon this demo for a RPG Maker VX Ace Japanese horror game called, LOOM[体験版] (Trial). [ ] Saw some "let's play" videos for this as well. It's atmosphere is really scary, the gameplay is great and the art style used is very amazing. Hope this game gets translated. :D
    2. Tornado Samurai
      Tornado Samurai
      “Your game is bad when you think it is bad. Not when people think it is bad.” - Tsurugihayate, creator of RPG Maker horror games Nightmare of the Snow and Restless Dreams.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Stormowl
        Stormowl
        I love this quote.
        Aug 13, 2015
      3. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        I think the real truth is that "no game is bad as long as someone enjoys it, even if that someone is you."
        Aug 13, 2015
      4. Artificer
        Artificer
        Angelical voice yelling : "Dont forget Greenlight users!"
        Aug 13, 2015
    3. Tornado Samurai
      Tornado Samurai
      2. Tornado Samurai
        Tornado Samurai
        Oh! XD Sorry, didn't realize. Thanks for telling me! :D

***Steam Codes Available for:

Labyrinthine Dreams

Remnants of Isolation

***Other Codes:

- Redeem code for Stencyl (1 Year Trial) [Has to be redeemed at: www.stencyl.com/redeem ]
        Jul 16, 2015
      3. Tornado Samurai
        Tornado Samurai
        ***Stencyl has departed from the Night Market.
        Jul 16, 2015
      4. Tornado Samurai
        Tornado Samurai
        ***UPDATE:

Only Steam Codes for Labyrinthine Dreams and Remnants of Isolation are left!

Thank you for browsing the Night Market! :D - TS竜巻侍
        Jul 16, 2015
    4. Tornado Samurai
      Tornado Samurai
      ~Tornado Samurai's Night Market~ Good day everyone, I'm giving away Steam codes for Stencyl (1-Year Trial), Last Word, Labyrinthine Dreams, Remnants of Isolation and Axis Game Factory Pro (AGFPRO v.3.0). Would anyone care for one? - TS竜巻侍
      2. Diretooth
        Diretooth
        I'll take Last word, please.
        Jul 15, 2015
      3. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Nah, I'm good. Besides, I think DIretooth needs it more than I do ;P
        Jul 15, 2015
      4. Tornado Samurai
        Tornado Samurai
        Alright, "Last Word" coming at you, Diretooth! :D Thanks again for browsing the Night Market!

***Last Word has departed from the Night Market.

***UPDATE: Only Labyrinthine Dreams, Remnants of Isolation and Stencyl are left! :D -TS竜巻侍
        Jul 15, 2015
    5. Tornado Samurai
      Tornado Samurai
      Awesome news for horror fans! Fatal Frame V was just given an official title along with an E3 trailer and a release date! Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water comes to US and Europe this fall, exclusive to the Wii U! :D
      1. Tornado Samurai
        Tornado Samurai
        Here's the link to the brand new E3 trailer:
        Jun 17, 2015
    6. Tornado Samurai
      Tornado Samurai
      Working on my XP Survival Horror game. Encountered this weird RMXP bug that scrambled some of the maps' "Transfer Player" locations. Example: Going upstairs would send you to the backyard. XD
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        I doubt it's a bug. But if you want help, the forum would be the place to ask for it.
        Jun 6, 2015
      3. VideoWizard
        VideoWizard
        Could be a corruption, and not the fun kind (the ones seen on YouTube). That's why we back our stuff up often, folks!
        Jun 6, 2015
      4. Inmento Riku
        Inmento Riku
        I got that once but it was from copying over a map, yay a copy/paste failure, but once I re-defined the broken transitions it worked fine
        Jun 8, 2015
    7. Tornado Samurai
      Tornado Samurai
      Kago To Torii is truly an amazing RPG Maker J-horror game! The atmosphere and gameplay is absolutely terrifying. I'd definitely recommend this game to anyone who loves horror games. http://rpgmaker.net/games/7339/
      1. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        what's with the multiple status updates? haha, the game has it has depth and stuff eh
        Jun 5, 2015
        1 person likes this.
    8. Tornado Samurai
      Tornado Samurai
      Working on my upcom. XP survival horror game. :D When playing a survival horror game (be it made with RPG Maker or other engines), regarding Saving your Game, do you prefer Saving from the pause menu or do you prefer having to go to a specific location and accessing a specific item to save your data?
      2. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        I have memories of saving right before dying in tomb raider.
        May 29, 2015
      3. C-C-C-Cashmere
        C-C-C-Cashmere
        Multiple save files, my friend.
        May 29, 2015
      4. Tralse
        Tralse
        i'm using a specific item to save my game. That way the player can't just save every two seconds. It creates a sense of unease:)
        Jun 19, 2015
    9. Tornado Samurai
      Tornado Samurai
      ! A Tornado Warning has been issued for your area- Oh... no.. it's just me. xD Today's my birthday! :D Perfect timing at that, it's very stormy outside. XD
      2. Yui
        Yui
        happy birthday
        May 20, 2015
      3. Tornado Samurai
        Tornado Samurai
        @Artificer, Yui: Thank you very much! :D
        May 20, 2015
      4. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        Appy Berfdey
        May 20, 2015
    10. Tornado Samurai
      Tornado Samurai
      I was just playing Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities on [iOS]. A very eerie, unsettling, terrifying and fun survival horror game to play so far. I really recommend it! :D
      1. Bukarett
        Bukarett
        Oh Woah, that looks like something down my alley! :D Thx, for sharing! I would love to check this out, even though I never heard of this title~
        May 11, 2015
    11. Tornado Samurai
      Tornado Samurai
      Just finished writing a story for the Writer Mapping Contest. It feels great to emerge from procrastination and write stories again. :D
      1. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        biting the bullet a bit as far as deadlines go aren't we?
        May 7, 2015
      2. Tornado Samurai
        Tornado Samurai
        You could say that xD. Glad I made the story in on the last day it was due. Although, for me, writing this specific story at //night// did not help. I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight. XDD
        May 7, 2015
      3. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        I wish I had waited til the last day... there were so many good maps to write about, and there were many I was disappointed I didn't choose them. I wanna write something about ALL OF THEM! x(
        May 7, 2015
    12. Tornado Samurai
      Tornado Samurai
      The Samurai Classics Pack... ABSOLUTELY beautiful music. On my honor as a samurai of storms, I must have it! But then there's the Horror City Pack too, I must have that too. It looks really amazing so far... Which to pick...?
    13. Tornado Samurai
      Tornado Samurai
      Anyone working on a RM2K3 Game Project today? How's everything going with it?
      2. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        I love xp but it doesn't have the face portraits or allow for the Luna system. Yes writing the script is one of my favorite parts too. I also hate that it is tied into steam but I already have a couple of programs that are tied to it like Game Character Hub so it does not bother me that much as long as the functionality is the same. Can't wait to see see you demo.
        Apr 27, 2015
      3. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        I think Shaz has a script for tall sprites. I do love the way XP is designed and I still wonder why the programmers decided to go a different way.
        Apr 27, 2015
      4. Tornado Samurai
        Tornado Samurai
        Thanks for your feedback! Can't wait to hear more about your game as well! If you wish to share, do you have any more details about Mystic Knights? As in something like info on story, characters, status/progress of proj. etc, or have you just started the project?
        Apr 27, 2015
    14. Tornado Samurai
      Tornado Samurai
      The game devs of FFXIV:ARR, while awaiting the release of the Heavensward expansion, made this short faux epic FF fighting game:

I'd buy it if it were real.
      1. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        That was totally cool!
        Apr 26, 2015
      2. rondchild
        rondchild
        Please be excited
        Apr 26, 2015
    15. Tornado Samurai
      Tornado Samurai
      Just heard about RPG Maker 2003 officially released on Steam and in English!! Thanks so much to Archeia and everyone else involved in the development this project! I cannot wait to buy this! :D
      2. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        So the staff here translated it for steam. That's awesome.
        Apr 25, 2015
      3. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        Soo... does this mean people will be allowed freely discuss R2k3 here? Or will it still be against the rules?
        Apr 25, 2015
      4. Tornado Samurai
        Tornado Samurai
        I believe everyone will be able to now, to an extent. People can talk about the New RM2K3 here but can't discuss anything pertaining to the unauthorized version.
        Apr 25, 2015
    16. Tornado Samurai
      Tornado Samurai
      Just saw the sneak peek of the upcoming RM graphics pack, Horror City Pack: || The graphics look impressive and well done so far, and I can't wait to see more! Anyone else excited for this pack?
      2. esby
        esby
        do need
        Apr 23, 2015
      3. Vexed
        Vexed
        Aww, thanks you guys! Hope those picking it up enjoy it and can't wait to hear your feedback and suggestions :D
        Apr 23, 2015
      4. Tornado Samurai
        Tornado Samurai
        Congrats on your first pack! Can't wait to see more of the awesome graphics pack! Great job! :D
        Apr 23, 2015
    17. Tornado Samurai
      Tornado Samurai
      Game Development Question: Would you mind if you were playing a RM-made game made with 85-100% RTP or would you rather the game use many/lots of custom graphics/visuals etc.? (Would it depend on how you use the RTP {along with story, plot and settings} to make a good game? Or are custom resources quite better to use?)
      2. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Kanax is a freakin' GENIUS, Tornado.... just throwing that out there. :p

Anyway... Like I once said, even shiny dung is still dung. If the game is great like many others said, story, plot, etc, then you should be fine.
        Apr 20, 2015
      3. Tornado Samurai
        Tornado Samurai
        Thanks for the advice and the recommendation! Kanax's example art is very good and well done! It's going to be cool to see what he makes next! :D
        Apr 20, 2015
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Graphics are awesome, but only one slice of the pie. Story, sound, and character development add to it as well. I still miss the old school final fantasy 6 and 7. After that it seemed graphics were more important. Sigh.
        Apr 21, 2015
    18. Tornado Samurai
      Tornado Samurai
      Whoa. Didn't know that the voiceover guy in the RPG Maker VX Commercial --> (

) was also was in this RPG Maker XP commercial. :o

. They DEFINITELY need to rehire him for the next RPG Maker. :D
      2. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        Hahaha!
        Apr 14, 2015
      3. Tornado Samurai
        Tornado Samurai
        In other news: I discovered the replacement voiceover for the VX Ace commercials. It's pretty good too:
        Apr 14, 2015
      4. Milena
        Milena
        The original Japanese promotional videos are always the best version. The english voice over just F it up.
        Apr 14, 2015
    19. Tornado Samurai
      Tornado Samurai
      Does anyone know of any RPG Maker XP survival/escape horror games they would recommend?
      2. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Anytime. Hope it helps! Try not to scream. <__<;
        Apr 12, 2015
      3. abe109
        Apr 12, 2015
      4. Tornado Samurai
        Tornado Samurai
        Thanks for the suggestion, abe109! I'll be sure to check it out as well! :D
        Apr 12, 2015
    20. Tornado Samurai
      Tornado Samurai
      Cool news for horror fans! Just yesterday, Nintendo announced the westward (US, EU) release of the newest game in the frightening horror series, Fatal Frame, for release later this year! Thanks the group Operation Zero and many fans and supporters of Fatal Frame who helped get it here! :D So excited for this new game!
      1. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        Yesterday? You're sure it's not an April Fool's?
        Apr 3, 2015
      2. Tornado Samurai
        Tornado Samurai
        Yep, no jokes with Nintendo this time. However, I had the same speculation when I saw the date. Glad it's real though, because I've been waiting for it for a long time. :D If it were false, tornado warnings would be everywhere. >_<
        Apr 3, 2015
  • About

First Language:
    English
    Writing Stories, Game Making in RPG Maker XP, Reading Books, Expanding Vocabulary, Posting on the RM Forums, Stormy Weather, Beyond Reality/HD, Shards of Eryia, Japanese Culture, J-Horror Games.

Signature

[​IMG]
    ================================
    (Logo Above Created By KDS)
    [​IMG]
    [i Guard (Support) these areas:]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ================