Tornado Samurai
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It would have been awesome if it was announced that there was a new RPG Maker as part of April Fools. Whatever it would have been, I'd still buy it. XD
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    LOL, insta-buy. There needs to be a new RPG Maker soon. XD
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Lol, if it's part of April Fools, how it will be real for you to buy it? if you mean that it's not real xD
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Can you imagine the response when all those people who believed it realized it wasn't true? I sure wouldn't want to be one of the instigators!
    Just went to see KeniisuGaming's awesome stream of Game Dev Tycoon: http://youtu.be/JrnD7xBsfSU | It was awesome being there and I can't wait for the next episode of GDT and RPG Creator Podcast. You won't want to miss them, they're going to be great. :D
    Simon D. Aelsi
    Simon D. Aelsi
    *chuckles* You should be his manager when he gets famous!
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    Why, thank you! :) I really enjoy watching Keniisu's videos, and his RPG Podcasts are really awesome! I'm always supportive of his projects. Thanks for the compliment! :D
    A Knight of Wind falls... and A Samurai of Storms arises! Just decided to change my name from the former, Tornado Summoner, to Tornado Samurai! Been wanting a name change for a while and finally did it today. Now, I must return to summoning storms...
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    LOL, Thanks, Marsigne! It feels refreshing to take on a new name and look. You could say I, essentially, leveled up, XD.
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    :D You'll see what I do later... xD *keeps this page open with hope to remember it LOL*
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Tornado, this is the explosion! xD (see the video's name haha):
    Would you recommend using GCH to merge all of the XP tilesets? (Would it have positive or negative effects on the game? Example: performance, etc.)
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    Tilesets*, I mean. LOL XD.
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    Combining two or three tilesets will probably not cause lag. Even 4 or 5 might still be okay, but combining every tileset as you suggested in the beginning, causes a lot of lagging.
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    All right! Thanks for telling me! I really appreciate it! :D
    Just got Dark Echo on iOS from App of the Week. Awesome decision. Very fresh and new interesting concept to horror and a frightening atmosphere that haunts you throughout every level.
    Just purchased Five Nights at Freddy's 3. Too scared to open the application... XD
    Keniisu
    Keniisu
    XD Did that with FNAF 1 & 2.
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    LOL, It's a really scary game. I wouldn't even DARE to put on headphones though. XD. The first time I had played FNAF 1 and met Bonnie for the first time, my tablet sailed across the room in a split second...
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    It says "a compromised WordPress site" (one) but I believe it refers to an infected one, which would mean that there are multiple WP sites infected, and compromised.
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    Thanks for clarifying! I sure hope the threat will be eradicated soon, though...
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Yep, didn't even knew about that so thanks for bringing it up! :)
    Does anyone happen to have a first-person photo/unboxing video of the RPG Maker VX Ace Physical Box? (Inside Content/Outside[Front and Back] of Box etc.)
    seita
    seita
    I didn't mean it that way either ;p I'd say it was worth it, considering I paid for $10 less than full price so it was nice to have a physical box for it. But if you can get the engine at a huge discount, I wouldn't sweat not having it.
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    All right then, thanks for telling me about it and showing me a photo of the VX Ace Box! I really appreciate your help! Thanks a million! :D
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Maybe if they get the next RPG Maker engine in physical box... I can buy it off Amazon and do a video of it xD
    What do you think would be better to do, regarding beginning game development? Create a playable demo first and recieve feedback and tips from it, or go right ahead and develop the game full scale (beginning to end)?
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    @Kyuukon

In all honesty, most games have pretty lackluster and boring combat that's fairly basic. I don't blame you for not enjoying it. It hasn't been messed with or innovated in almost two or three decades.
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    @Kyuukon: Thanks! I'll be sure to check it out! Horror is my favorite genre to play and explore with. I'm pretty sure you've made awesome games. And the releasing the demo early wasn't a very bad idea. As they say, the only stupid idea is the idea never spoken. :D
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    @Tai: That's pretty much it :( I mean, it's not like I don't like them (actually, games like Persona and SMT are my favorites) but to pull out something fun and innovative, I believe you will need something more than RPGMaker (or script the **** out of it). Balance is another problem too.

@Tornado: Thanks!
    Looked on my phone earlier this day and saw the forums online and jumped on ASAP. Glad to know the forums is back. :D I really really missed it over the past few days!
    Going to try out the RM Sample games. Which one would you reccomend trying out first? Crysalis or Knight Blade?
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    @Seacliff: Thanks for the opinion! I'll be sure to try out the game soon!

@Susan: What is Silver Town?
    Susan
    Susan
    You can find out more about it here:
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    @Susan: Thanks for telling me about this! I'll definitely try out this game as well in the future. Thanks again for your help, everyone! :D
    Which RM did you think had the best preset monster graphics? RPG Maker XP, RPG Maker VX or RPG Maker VX Ace? (Are VX's the same as Ace's?)
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    @Deathswallow: Yea, I think it's a bit too far gone. We may not get a localization on that title. I wonder what made Enterbrain scrap the sideview battle system from present versions...
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    "When working on your game, do you import monster graphics and etc. (XP, VX) and put them your updated games (VXA)?"

Not sure I understand what you mean. Do you mean whether I import XP ones into Ace or vice versa?
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    @Matseb: Yep, that's what I mean. I didn't know how to explain it properly. XD
    Getting some progress on my survival horror project! I was working on eventing yesterday and today and I'm getting better at it. Currently practicing with making sidequests (find the keys, unlock the rooms, find the code, etc.) Everything's going well so far, however, I still have a long journey ahead of me. :D
    Shaz
    Shaz
    take it bit by bit. Don't make the mistake of looking at EVERYTHING you have to do and becoming overwhelmed. Good luck :)
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    Thanks for the advice! I do tend to over-analyze and estimate things more than I should. Even though it's going to be a short, experimental game, the development process will still not be a walk in the park, but I shall heed your advice! Thanks again! :D
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    @Shaz - That reminds me of my Math teacher saying: "Don't look at EVERYTHING of the equation but go part-by-part." xD

Hey, practice is good :)
    Working on mapping in XP. Don't know why but I favor it more than VXA's mapping. So much organization and categories. :D Also, just ate Pop Rocks Candy for first time ever. I didn't expect them to 'actually' sizzle...
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Yep, XP's mapping is better than Ace because you have more control over the mapping, and you can do better maps :) Maybe a hybrid, if possible, would be awesome for the next RPG Maker ;)
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    I wonder when it's going to come out! Hopefully this year! I hope they localize more of the RM titles. :D
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    I wish it comes out soon. I'll even use the japanese version of it :D

Really looking forward the new stuff.
    Has anyone ever been captivated with or enjoyed listening to a pre-made RPG Maker Song (XP, VX, VXA, 2K etc. BGM's)? My favorite BGM is the Field_01 Theme from XP. It's so enthralling. (Especially the first 16 seconds.) What's yours?
    Just started trying out Codeacademy. So far it's very informative and enlightening. I'm on 6%. This may be a strange question but is this Ruby the same as RM's Ruby? I ask this because I had read somewhere that RM's Ruby was BASED off of Ruby.
    Neon Black
    Neon Black
    You would need to read the documentation on the RGSS3 classes in the help file. But yes, learning Ruby on Codeacademy will certainly help.
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    OK. Now that I know that Ruby will help with RM scripting, I'll definitely keep using it. Thanks for the advice! :D
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    I'm using it too xD I'm even starting to write the tutorials in a wordpad to pass it to a notebook xD
    When working on a RM game (story, eventing, characters, items, skills, balancing etc.) do you find it sufficient to work on all of this by yourself or with a group/partner of the same interests and ideals?
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Personally, I found working on different time zones was awesome when Amanda and I were doing Aveyond. When one was working, the other wasn't, so there were rarely issues with repository updates, and by the time I got up in the morning, I'd have any new stuff or changes needed just waiting for me and could get straight into it. If you were doing design stuff and needed immediate feedback it'd be different, but for two people both working on development, only having one using the...
    Shaz
    Shaz
    project at a time was perfect.

On the other hand, with my own game, I find it hard to get the motivation and stay focused, because nobody else is waiting on things to be done.
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    @Shaz: Yes, this topic is quite two-sided. Working alone would be great for control but motivation would be hard to get by. Working as a team would bring inspiration along with motivation, however, control to the creator is dethroned by majority rule. Anyway, it's great that you have reliable people in RL to work with on your games! Good luck on all your games to come in the future! :D
    I have a lot of free time on my hands. Just asking but would opening up a workshop be good if you wanted to offer resources (ex: mapping, etc.) to the community?
    Shaz
    Shaz
    um ... if you're "terrible at art", why are you considering making a workshop? You learn how to do something, you practice, you post in the WIPs for feedback, you keep practicing, you get good, you start sharing stuff in the XP/VX/Ace/General Resources, you keep practicing, you get REALLY good, you think about opening a workshop. Saying you'll do art on request isn't much good if you can't do art (or can't do good art). Just work on improving and getting feedbac...
    Shaz
    Shaz
    k

(lol - one more letter was all I needed, but nope ... it was not to be)
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    Oh, I was just interested into mapping only. It was the only thing that didn't involve art so I chose that for my preference if I did start a workshop. Sorry for making it as if I had tunnel vision and I couldn't see the answer before me.
    Just finished watching "Into The Storm"... for the fourth time this week. Pretty good movie, especially the storms. Now to work on survival horror... :D
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sand is basically small rocks
Realizing my earlier maps are an abomination against all things, I'm doing a bit of a remake. Tell me if you can see the difference. :LZSwink:

And the horrific before pics...

Last part of OcRam Obfuscator sneek peaks!
YES! officially released my games soundtrack on Itunes, Spotify, and Amazon..... kinda cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holzblae