Tornado Samurai
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Still working on the horror game, adding new maps. This may seem like a ridiculous question, but does a horror game NEED blood to be unsettling?
    Susan
    Susan
    There are quite a few light scripts, but they can really make your game slow.

This is a lighting tutorial, not a flashlight tutorial.
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    @Susan: Thanks! I'm glad it's eventing only. I'm no good with script.

@mlogan: Thanks for the feedback! Blood is too overused these days, better to focus more on the psychological side of things.

@AlexanderAmnell: Thanks! I'll be sure to visit there!

Thanks for helping me and giving me your opinions everyone! :D
    Susan
    Susan
    Awesome! Can't wait to see what you create!

Good luck! :D
    Decided to go with Survival Horror. Working on it now. Which would be more useful, survival horror music or horror graphics pack? (It can only be one or the other.)
    Susan
    Susan
    Out of topic (maybe), but I like the DS+ pack. Apparently, they have tiles to make something like Corpse Party, ;)
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    Thanks for telling me! :D Corpse Party was one scary of a game!
    Susan
    Susan
    No problem! But I think it's more about how you make use of the tiles. Even RTP can be scary.

Still, I should let you know that if you plan to use DS/DS+ packs, you'll need to know what to use GIMP or something to rearrange your tiles. And the tilesets are different from RTP.
    Trying to choose between two projects to do. Really intense decision. Horror Game or Fantasy Game. Which would be better?
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Better question. Which would be *easier*?
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    That's a really good question. Which is easier? Horror is easier. I think I'll go with Horror! Thanks! :D
    Exploring through RMVXA. RMVXA and RMVX seem simliar, and yet everyone says that Ace is superior, but what was the difference between RMVXA and RMVX?
    Kes
    Kes
    Long list of differences, too many for a status update. There are threads comparing these.
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    Thanks! I'll look for them! :D
    Few days into RMVXA and still enjoying it. Just discovered "Sample Maps". Do people use these alot or no?
    starcrescendo
    starcrescendo
    You can't add more, unfortunately. I think it would be awesome if you could. I would love to be able to "dissect" maps from some of the great mappers here to help me learn better
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    @starcresendo

I know the feeling. It's almost like writing stories/cutscenes or dialogue for games. If I wrote based off a multitude of what people didn't want (cliches) and did want, I wouldn't be able to get a word out. Although, feedback is good... Following it, you must do it to an extent.
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    @starcresendo

That would be wonderful to use maps from experts. I already have mapping issues as it is with XP, and pretty soon with VXA.
    Just got RPG Maker VX Ace Today. Really excited but I have ALOT to learn first. This isn't XP anymore...
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Ace has more autotiles, not XP. XP only has 7. But XPs autotiling is less automatic - you have more control over what it does. With Ace, every time you adjust tiles nearby, your autotiles all go berserk.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Anyway, there are threads on this in the Product Discussion and Support forum. You might want to take a look there, as many people give their thoughts on what's better in what version, and there's more detail about what's different.
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    Ok, I'll be sure to look there. Thanks again everyone! :D Have a good day!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Meteo Chronicles is almost finished!
Always remember kids keep a copy of you email with your download code in it or you will never find it again in your email :kaocry:
Dragon quest IX just released a definitive edition that has a 2D top-down RPG mode for the entire game, AKA you can play the entire game as if it was made for super Nintendo, i WISH i didn't already buy the original version or else I would get this version to get some ideas for my game and honestly the story was tooooo boring for me to play again. Hmm I'm sure somebody will do a lets play in 2D mode on YouTube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy32400