Apr 20, 2018

Followers 3

Birthday:
Aug 16, 1985 (Age: 34)

Share This Page

tpasmall

The Mauve Avenger, Male, 34, from In the attic, to the left

Veteran

Man, I haven't touched RPG Maker in over a month, I feel like such a schmuck. Mar 12, 2013

tpasmall was last seen:
Apr 20, 2018
    1. tpasmall
      tpasmall
      How is Flowers for Algernon the 43rd most frequently challenged book? I'd put that book in anyone's top ten must read lists.
    2. tpasmall
      tpasmall
      I thought the forums have been active lately, so I checked the members section, roughly 50-60 people have been signing up for the forums a day, that's insane!
      1. TengHu
        TengHu
        guilty. mostly because i got no more assignments for class. two more exams and i'm done with classes. time to go back to logo makin :D
        Dec 18, 2012
    3. tpasmall
      tpasmall
      I'll never understand rock climbers.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. regigliak
        regigliak
        Rock climb has a 30% chance to confuse you when it hits, I think you got rock climbed
        Dec 16, 2012
      3. regigliak
        regigliak
        One of my goals once I leave school and turn 18 is to skydive, others include, skydiving without a parachute (has been done by others before), eating lots of bacon, donuts, and pancakes, (I'm really skinny believe it or not) and naming a random turtle Steven
        Dec 16, 2012
      4. Gigglemoo
        Gigglemoo
        Yeah, sky diving is a lot safer than most people imagine it is. Assuming you're prepared and follow safety instructions.
        Dec 16, 2012
    4. tpasmall
      tpasmall
      Anyone here own a Roku? What's your take on it?
    5. tpasmall
      tpasmall
    6. tpasmall
      2. tpasmall
        tpasmall
        I always look at pictures like this for mapping inspiration, but I can't map for beans so it's always just frustrating, ha.
        Dec 7, 2012
      3. Thalzon
        Thalzon
        Seeing a place like that up close is something else.
        Dec 7, 2012
      4. tpasmall
        tpasmall
        Yeah, I imagine pictures can't do it justice. When we went to Yosemite earlier this year it was mind blowing. The view from the top of Sentinel Dome was unbelievable. I just wish we had more sights on the East Coast.
        Dec 7, 2012
    7. tpasmall
      tpasmall
      Fixed the ylod on my ps3 a couple days ago, it was running great. The power goes out today while the hdd light is on and now the harddrive is blown. Can't win with these stupid things.
      1. Thalzon
        Thalzon
        That's rough, man.
        Dec 7, 2012
      2. tpasmall
        tpasmall
        yeah, my last ps3 somehow got a penny in it and fried the motherboard. I think im going to stick to the wii for while
        Dec 7, 2012
    8. tpasmall
      tpasmall
      Raising Hope is the best show on TV right now.
      2. Confederacy
        Confederacy
        I've watched little of it, but I do have to agree. Which is a shame, because I really like Zooey Deschanel. What I've seen of Revolution has been good so far, but I haven't really watched anything in weeks.
        Dec 6, 2012
      3. tpasmall
        tpasmall
        I watched the first episode or Revolution and couldn't get into it. I'm a fan of Zooey Deschanel too, but they're making the show too predictable. The writing in season 1 was so much better.
        Dec 6, 2012
      4. Confederacy
        Confederacy
        I don't think I've seen an episode of the first season, but I have heard good things of the first season. Once I'm done with college, I'll put it on my backlog of things to watch/catch up on.
        Dec 7, 2012
    9. tpasmall
      tpasmall
      Ugh, my PS3 just turned off while playing a game and won't come back on. Blinking red light. I vacuum and dust the thing weekly, it's on a shelf with nothing around it and still. Bleh.
      1. TengHu
        TengHu
        Overheated! i had the same problem last week. if that keeps happening, you might get a YLOD so be careful.
        Dec 5, 2012
      2. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        what were you playing?
        Dec 5, 2012
      3. tpasmall
        tpasmall
        ff xIII i know that game is infamous for breaking systems but it never showed any problems, just all of a sudden shut off
        Dec 5, 2012
    10. tpasmall
      tpasmall
      Apparantly the staff here want everyone to know when I'm going to get sick. Hooray for waking up with the stomach flu!
      2. Nathanial
        Nathanial
        Are you running a fever? ;P
        Dec 3, 2012
      3. tpasmall
        tpasmall
        Yeah, I'm really susceptible to this kind of stuff unfortunately, and my wife went bowling with a group of friends last night and she caught it from my sister in law and passed it on over. Thankfully I'm well stocked with anti-nausea and anti-spasm medicines from my surgery so now that they're kicking in I'm feeling a lot better.
        Dec 3, 2012
      4. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        Ouch ... I hope you recover from the flu quickly. Make sure you mention it to your doc, though - just in case it's not a symptom of something else.
        Dec 3, 2012
    11. tpasmall
      tpasmall
      After owning the game for 2 years and never playing it, I've been playing FFXIII and I have to say, the gameplay is terrible, but I actually like the story. And I like Lightning's character a lot.
      1. Espon
        Espon
        I didn't mind the gameplay too much after all the features are unlocked. Problem is you don't really get much freedom to do what you want until way late in the game.
        Dec 2, 2012
      2. tpasmall
        tpasmall
        I'm on Gran Pulse now and finally being able to move around and explore makes it a little better, but I still hate the battle system. I think 9 had the best battle system of all the games.
        Dec 2, 2012
      3. Tsukitsune
        Tsukitsune
        I played for like an hour and a half twice and tried really hard to get into it... but it just doesn't hook me! I've had it for like 2 years now too.
        Dec 3, 2012
    12. tpasmall
      tpasmall
      Ugh, was hoping to get clearance to start being weight bearing on my leg today, but instead I've been told that I'll be in the wheel chair for 4 more weeks then be reassessed. :-/
      1. Velex
        Velex
        Rough, man. :(
        Nov 30, 2012
    13. tpasmall
      tpasmall
      Bleh, ran into a snag with my puzzle, apparently 200 parallel process events is too many to not lag
      2. Espon
        Espon
        Well if it cuts down on lag then it'd probably be worth it.

I had one map in one of my games that had something like 130 events that do absolutely nothing but change graphic when a switch flips and that was enough to slow everything down. Decided a better way to handle it was to just make 2 maps. Took a few hours to do but it got rid of the sluggish framerate issues.
        Nov 24, 2012
      3. tpasmall
        tpasmall
        The problem is, this has to be run on one map. The other problem is, having single events handle each part of the puzzle is proving extremely tricky since it has to check if its on the same square as any of the other parts and check if its in the water at the same time. The formulas are starting to give me a headache, ha. I might take up scripting to try to do this because I'm not seeing any other way to handle the event collision without causing massive lag.
        Nov 24, 2012
      4. Liak
        Liak
        Haha, I kinda want to like McTricky's post! :D I, too, am permanently worried about whether anything I do may lag or not.
        Nov 25, 2012
    14. tpasmall
      tpasmall
      Got my push crate bridge puzzle working! Once I clean it up some I might make a demo of it for anyone who might be interested in using it!
    15. tpasmall
      tpasmall
      After 7 weeks of isolation, I'll finally be able to sleep in the same bed as my wife again tomorrow. Technically I'm supposed to wait until the doctor clears me next Wednesday, but I can't take it anymore. Sleeping in different rooms is horrible.
      1. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        How did I not know what happened? Are you kk? PM me...

(Glad u r better!)
        Nov 22, 2012
      2. ShinGamix
        ShinGamix
        Did you get the plague? Hope you are all clear!
        Nov 22, 2012
      3. tpasmall
        tpasmall
        I fell off a bridge and broke a bunch of bones and had internal injuries and stuff. I still might need to have one or two more surgeries, but I'm doing a lot better and can finally have human contact without worrying too much about injury! And thanks :)
        Nov 23, 2012
    16. tpasmall
    17. tpasmall
      tpasmall
      I realize I've been out of the cereal consumption game for a while, but when did lucky charms stop carrying pots of gold? Also when did trix stopped being shaped like fruit? Something is seriously wrong here.
      2. Tsukitsune
        Tsukitsune
        Jalen they're all round now :p
        Nov 20, 2012
      3. Touchfuzzy
        Touchfuzzy
        Well... that was what Trix looked like originally. The fruit shapes is a newer thing.
        Nov 21, 2012
      4. RyanA
        RyanA
        Americans have such interesting cereals ;w;
        Nov 21, 2012
    18. tpasmall
      tpasmall
      This is scaring me, I'm enjoying databasing today....*shudders*
      2. tpasmall
        tpasmall
        I know, in the year+ I've been working on the game I've almost matched the amount of time I spent databasing since I started it, as I have done today.
        Nov 19, 2012
      3. Confederacy
        Confederacy
        Don't enjoy it too much, you don't want to catch yourself databasing forever and not finishing anything else. Such as I...
        Nov 19, 2012
      4. tpasmall
        tpasmall
        Well, considering I have the first four acts of my game done eventing, story and map-wise, I don't think it would hurt too much as if I actually get some databasing done, I'll have a solid 5 hours of gameplay as opposed to the half hour I have right now haha
        Nov 20, 2012
    19. tpasmall
      tpasmall
      Having every one of your dungeons be a huge sprawling maze with 2 different enemies that both inflict poison is stupid
      2. TengHu
        TengHu
        you should play To The Moon. beat it last night.
        Nov 18, 2012
      3. Shablo5
        Shablo5
        To the moon is less of a game and more of an on rails cinematic experience. It's good, and the developer deserves the money, but if you are looking for an actual "Game" you may want to look elsewhere.
        Nov 18, 2012
      4. tpasmall
        tpasmall
        I'm looking for something simple, yet well done. I mean heck, I don't care if it's all RTP and no scripts if it's done moderately well. I'm trying to learn from it so anything would be appreciated. (On a side note, I did really enjoy that one Mystery August contest that had all the puzzles, forget what the name was now, but I felt that game was really well done, though it lacked battles, which is the biggest thing I need to work on).
        Nov 18, 2012
    20. tpasmall
      tpasmall
      I love amazon.com. Ever since they finished the warehouse here, almost everything is here the day after you order it, even using the free shipping option!
      2. Shablo5
        Shablo5
        What about the shipping?
        Nov 11, 2012
      3. TDS
        TDS
        It says free shipping, but I could be wrong.

Nov 11, 2012
      4. Shablo5
        Shablo5
        I might be able to help you out. Send me a PM if you're interested.
        Nov 11, 2012
  • About

Birthday:
    Aug 16, 1985 (Age: 34)
    First Language:
    English
    Hockey, Hiking, Reading, Creating, Football, Tacos

Signature

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
     ​
    RM Games I've Enjoyed: