Travatar
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I managed to add a new feature without totally wrecking everything else I made. Am I getting better at this, or am I just lucky? Probably the latter.
    Step 1: Add another day, allow player to build rapport with villagers. Step 2: Make dialogue less cringe-worthy.
    RyanA
    RyanA
    Step 3 - Eat sardines and sleep
    Travatar
    Travatar
    Step 4: Kiss significant other BEFORE brushing teeth in the morning XD
    Sending a VERY corrected version of my demo to the most awesome beta-testers in the world.
    Tilesets = Digital Legos
    Clord
    Clord
    That is basically what RPG Maker 3 somewhat is.
    ShinGamix
    ShinGamix
    RPG maker 3..is garbage! RPG maker 2 for ps2 is badass!
    Travatar
    Travatar
    I agree that I liked the first PS2 RPGMaker. The Chibi-3d was cute and looked like fun. The colors looked so muddy and washed out though :(

RPGMaker 3 looked like it could have been cool... except it made me think more of a MMO than anything else. All that was missing was a clunky interface, annoying 14-year-old powergamers and an unnecessary crafting system.
    I just found a response to my drooling fanboy letter to the creator Katamari Damacy. It says "You're welcome :) " I'M NEVER WASHING THIS COMPUTER MONITOR AGAIN.
    Well, on the minus side, my project wasn't complete in time for the contest... but on the plus side, the contest drove me to come up with an idea that's really fun to work on.
    ShinGamix
    ShinGamix
    mine wasnt either life got in the way but i am still going to finish mine.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Ya win some, ya lose some, but at the least, it seems the pros outweigh the cons here. =)
    Travatar
    Travatar
    @Shin: Very true. Instead of squeezing our projects into a deadline, we can take the time to make these into the games we picture in our heads.

@IceWulf: Indeed. Really good ideas that have traction are hard to come by. A contest I couldn't quite make, is a small price to pay for that.
    *Sigh* I misjudged the end date of the competition :( And it turns out that my project was a buggy mess... somehow a batch of 10 switches just disappeared. I must have hit ctrl+z too hard... maybe I'll try next contest :\
    Phew... waiting for the "beta test" results from my friends. Then I can do some more polishing after work today and get this thing uploaded and a thread made for it. I don't care if I place, I just want to finish on my feet :)
    Zeramae
    Zeramae
    Agreed, good luck Travatar! I'll definitely play your entry when it's uploaded!
    Emzie
    Emzie
    Congrats! :D
    Travatar
    Travatar
    Thanks, ya'll :)
    I think working on this project has made my brain a bit bigger. I can usually hear it rattling around when I move my head, but today it did way less of that.
    Zeramae
    Zeramae
    It may have learned to hold on to something inside your head cavity so it won't thrash about as much, but that still shows signs of an intelligence increase!
    Gomi Boy
    Gomi Boy
    another solution is to head to a Build-A-Bear and borrow a bunch of their stuffing.
    Zeramae
    Zeramae
    But then wouldn't the brain grow lazy? (And extra sleepy?)
    Speedrun of the cutscenes. 6 minutes. Speedrun of the Dungeon: 4:30. Speedrun of the Boss Dialogue & Battle. 3:30. Ending content: 3 minutes. Knowing I have enough conttent to participate in the contest once I fix the bugs? Priceless.
    Fixed a buggy set of events by just throwing everything I could think of at it. And the event works now. I just wish I knew which of those fixes actually solved it :\
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    Haha, I had the same thing too, but with a bunch of conditional branches! I say if it doesn't slow down the game or anything, keep the fixed version there. You can experiment on a blank map if you want to fix the fix for future reference though.
    Travatar
    Travatar
    Good advice! I also found out about the "Debug" menu while running the game (F9). It really helps to see which switches are running and which ones didn't turn on for whatever reason.

I know one of the things that probably helped was moving the events to a separate map. I think there may have been some parallel processes that were causing the event not to run. But I'll have the luxury of time and experimentation AFTER the contest deadline ;)
    If you find yourself behind a car that looks exactly like yours, always check the license plate. You probably haven't found your doppelganger, but it's the only way you can know for sure.
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    One time someone with the same car color, make, model, and year was the same as mine and when I came out to the parking lot I tried to go in their car instead. Glad no one saw or they probably would've thought I was trying to break in. Finally after a minute I realized my car was two spaces away from that. Awkward moment.
    Playing a good game, only to have your groove interrupted by a random battle is uber-frustrating. It's like finally getting frisky with your significant other, but just when things start to get fun, you find out they 're wearing a chastity belt that's locked by a rubik's cube.
    RyanA
    RyanA
    Lol Scin >w< I think I'd quite like playing with a cube all night long rather than other things too, they're frustratingly addictive :3
    Travatar
    Travatar
    So a bad analogy for the rubik's fans out there :p Perhaps a better one is... Opening a box of pizza to find cockroaches scuttling about underneath! XD
    Travatar
    Travatar
    Touche' Reynard. I guess just more the surprise factor. There are much better metaphors. I was actually asking one of my friends what they would compare it to... and they said Customer Service. And... well, yeah. You never know when that call will roll in.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can February March? No, but April May.
Alisa: Prophecy of the Falling Stars. Join Alisa, a quiet girl with a heart filled with love and hope, on her journey to prevent a calamity. My next RPG Maker music pack is my largest and most focused pack yet. It's a musical story that focuses on a young heroine named Alisa who has been assigned the ultimate task to prevent a calamity.

SnJj_O.png
Alien Worlds, Minecraft Blocks, Extend Options, Fine Speed Control, Art by Muggu | RPG Maker News #33

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Municipal_Cleaner