Traveling Bard
Last Activity:
Feb 21, 2018 at 3:19 PM
Birthday:
Oct 24, 1987 (Age: 30)

Share This Page

Traveling Bard

The Bard, Male, 30, from Houston, TX

Opened up my latest project that I remembered was in a good place... but found it broken lol 4 hrs later I can finally dev some more! Feb 20, 2018 at 4:35 AM

Traveling Bard was last seen:
Feb 21, 2018 at 3:19 PM
    1. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      Opened up my latest project that I remembered was in a good place... but found it broken lol 4 hrs later I can finally dev some more!
      1. Sauteed_Onion likes this.
    2. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      Beers, steak, and working on the game. Sounds like a great way to spend solo Valentine's. Don't forget to treat yourself folks!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        I KNEW you liked coffee and Mac and cheese @mlogan

J/K
        Feb 15, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Enjoy it! I've no plans yet but I'm sure they'll involve rpgmaker.
        Feb 15, 2018
        Traveling Bard and Sauteed_Onion like this.
      4. mlogan
        mlogan
        @Sauteed_Onion I actually do love both and while I am currently partaking of coffee, I can't do the mac and cheese. :(
        Feb 15, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion likes this.
    3. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      Grabbing some beers, maybe a steak, and working on a game. Sounds like a great way to spend valentine's day ;)
      1. Soul Tech and Stanley like this.
    4. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      Made the move to bitbucket, sourcetree, and clubhouse. Attempting agile...lol. Back on the development track ;) feels good to see progress!
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        Revision control for the win!
        Oct 13, 2017
        Traveling Bard likes this.
      2. Traveling Bard
        Traveling Bard
        The biggest reason was that! Plus, I figure it'll help down the road whenever I go into maintenance mode. It's already helped me recover from going a bit too far in the weeds on a feature :D
        Oct 13, 2017
    5. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      In the zone lately. Will have something to show off soon :) phase 1 is only two small bugs from being complete!... three bugs!...*cough*
      1. starlight dream likes this.
    6. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      Work work...zug zug.
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        *pokes the orc*
        Sep 22, 2017
      2. Traveling Bard
        Sep 23, 2017
    7. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      Wrote my first plugin this weekend to add a function to damage formula... only to realize that I don't really need it. #ProgrammersRegret
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        The experience you gained from doing it was worth the effort, though. :) Maybe you even earned enough to level up.
        Aug 15, 2017
        Traveling Bard and just1witness like this.
      3. Traveling Bard
        Traveling Bard
        Yay, I'm level 2! Thanks Stranger :) that's the way I'm trying to look at it. At this point, I am confident that I can make a plugin to do some oddly specific cool stuff if I need to. So, not really a waste of time.
        Aug 15, 2017
        The Stranger likes this.
    8. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      I would like to take a moment to thank yanfly for his comic series. I find it VERY useful from a developer's perspective. I am Ralph :(
      1. Guiguimu likes this.
    9. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      Not feeling well... but I've been getting so close to demo. Wanna tell the cold to give up so I can work!
    10. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      Coffee? *check* FF6 OST on loop? *check* Notes & Rpg maker open? *check and check* Alright... let's see about finishing this doodle ;)
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        If the Distant Worlds version of Dancing Mad is not in that list... Pfft... no words... =P (Seriously, good luck on your work!)
        Apr 16, 2017
    11. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      *types angrily* I WANT TO WORK ON MY GAME! HURRY UP FRIDAY, END!! /sigh *resigns self to further writing up QA tickets...*
      1. The Stranger likes this.
    12. Wyn Wizard
      Wyn Wizard
      for some reason i feel i know you, or at least talked to you once before...
      1. Traveling Bard
        Traveling Bard
        about 3 years ago you wanted to team up on a project :)  at that time, I barely worked on my own projects due to work so I unfortunately had to decline. How are things with that project you were recruiting for? 
        Jan 31, 2017
      2. Wyn Wizard
        Wyn Wizard
        well that one died shortly after cause school. and now since i can't log back into steam to allow my comp to use offline mode the current project is at a dead standstill.
        Jan 31, 2017
    13. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      Getting rather frustrated with scene lag in MV. Even with the preload manager configured appropriately, the lag (my guess is the dreaded audio loading lag) before an animation with sound effects tears apart what was a smooth action cutscene in VX ACE. No matter what kind of wait x frames & other event magic I can't make it look like anything other than peak time Ogrimmar back in the WoW heyday... /sigh. I understand it's a work in progress, just trying to find my calm center lol 
      1. Hudell
        Hudell
        MV update 1.3 will soon be here :)
        Jun 6, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. Traveling Bard
        Traveling Bard
        Agreed. I think I'll just strip out all the audio and my wait x frame entries... and move on for now. I'll see what 1.3 brings to the table and go from there. On a debugging note, it appears to be on the retrieve call of a certain animation's audio SE during the cutscenes...which doesn't make sense since they are small... wonder if its due to the size of the cache at the time of the retrieval... must avoid the programming "rabbit hole"! Lol
        Jun 6, 2016
    14. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      My fellow Devs, whilst at your local starbucks...have any of you encountered someone who wipes down their table with baby wipes? Apparently the guy before me did...this table smells super fresh lol
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
           I wouldn't know about starbucks as I've never even been inside of one but that's one of those things that new parents tend to do with their first child; Before they realize that kids are just messy and that trying to eliminate all the germs and bacteria around them will actually make them more likely to get sick more often rather than less.
        May 22, 2016
      3. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Agreed. I once also heard that Purel and others like it do not actually make things less germy. This was from a student wanting to be a nurse.
        May 22, 2016
    15. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      Audio delay in MV is brutal...thank you Galen & orlando for your plugin 2-punch combo  ;)  I plan to thoroughly test em out. Making lots of progress on the game lately and happy to see it come together into a rough demo lol Forward momentum! 
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Traveling Bard
        Traveling Bard
        Yep, necessary evil if we are using Web Audio API for large sound files. Well, the way we use them appears to be geared more towards smaller sound files like sound effects, etc. But this way works for now...alternative would be to stream the bgm vs. decode & buffer, but that level of programming is a bit out of my skillset, lol. I'm going to see if I can sneak in some kind of logo as the loading screen for the beginning of the project and then use a different loading screen throughout the game. As long as my cutscenes aren't torn to shreds by buffering, I'm happy with pre-loading  :)  
        May 19, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. astracat111
        astracat111
        I noticed that when I used a phone and a web browser it had trouble with playing bgms all together, so I ended up having to use bgs for phones. : (
        May 19, 2016
      5. Traveling Bard
        Traveling Bard
        Which phone OS and web browser? They might use different APIs all together. I still have a lot of digging in and learning to do before I can be sure of how to address the issues we are seeing here or even fully grasp the problem, but there is definitely some "quality of life" fixes that need to go in before we can deploy games with MV. As I learn, I'll try and add some plugins to help or maybe tweak those I see. I'm sure there are many others out there looking into the problems as well. It'll all come together! :)   
        May 19, 2016
    16. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      Continuing work on my demo today and debating on the gameplay mechanics of random encounters vs. on the map encounters... leaning toward on the map. 
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Iliketea
        Iliketea
        I would always go for on map encounters.

Random ones get annoying too fast
        May 14, 2016
      3. Traveling Bard
        Traveling Bard
        Agreed. Games like Lufia 2, Earthbound, and Chrono Trigger greatly reduced the annoyance factor of encounters, imo. Earthbound especially with it's run away/instant win at a certain strength. I'm probably going to go with the more "Chrono Trigger segmented encounters" path. Rewards exploration instead of almost punishing it with an avalanche of random encounters. Thanks for the input! :)
        May 14, 2016
    17. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      Feeling satisfied for the first time in awhile. Must be working on a project again after all this time :)
    18. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      Thank god for coffee on Mondays...and the rest of the week lol
    19. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      RIP Spock :( you have been and always will be awesome
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Geoff Moore
        Geoff Moore
        I'm sure he'd say our mourning is most illogical, but I can't help it. RIP dude.
        Feb 28, 2015
      3. StarkinGyra
        StarkinGyra
        It is sad news. He was one of the greats.
        Feb 28, 2015
      4. Shaz
        Feb 28, 2015
    20. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      Happy free chocolate day, people :)
      1. Susan
        Susan
        Same to you. :)
        Feb 15, 2015
        2 people like this.
      2. kerbonklin
        kerbonklin
        Giff me chocolates!
        Feb 15, 2015
      3. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Happy free chocolate day :) now give me a chocolate lol
        Feb 15, 2015
        1 person likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Oct 24, 1987 (Age: 30)
    First Language:
    English
    Game design and development. I also dabble in programming, mythology, scifi, fantasy, anime, and manga. Pretty hard core nerd when you list it all like that....haha