Apr 23, 2019

Following 2

Followers 2

Chronicler of the histories and legends of Enabion

Share This Page

TriceratopsX

Veteran, Male, from Enabion

Veteran

I want to start making my own sound effects but even after watching some great sound design videos on youtube I still don't feel like I can Mar 20, 2019

TriceratopsX was last seen:
Apr 23, 2019
    1. TriceratopsX
      TriceratopsX
      Just had a great idea for the title screen of my game! Now if only I could draw... o_O
      1. Marsigne likes this.
    2. TriceratopsX
      TriceratopsX
      Finally! The forums back up, I was going nuts being unable to get on here!
      1. TriceratopsX
        TriceratopsX
        I never realized how often I visited the forums in a day until I couldn't!
        Feb 3, 2017
    3. TriceratopsX
      TriceratopsX
      I'm probably not going to have time later (or will forget  >_> ) so.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
      1. 1 person likes this.
    4. TriceratopsX
      TriceratopsX
      Merry Christmas Rpg Maker forums!
      1. 1 person likes this.
    5. TriceratopsX
      TriceratopsX
      (Groan) Currently working on the database for my project, why? Why is it so tedious? ;_;

It probably doesn't help that I need like 2 of every skill, I wish there was a way to speed it up though.  >_>
      1. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Why do you need two?

Anyway, one thing I do and this is just something that works for me as others develop fine under other methods. Is that I do everything in the order of when I need it. I don't touch aspects of the database That aren't relevant to the current progress of the game. If a character isn't introduced yet, I don't database him/her or his/her skills. 

It has its benefits but there are some drawbacks in that you start to get into a pattern that can become tiring at times.
        Dec 9, 2016
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        You could be working on the database for my tileset builder instead... X and Y coordinates and width and height of every tile, in every tileset. >.>
        Dec 9, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. TriceratopsX
        TriceratopsX
        Well the reason I need two of each skill is because I'm using MOGHunters Chain Actions plugin to semi-replicate something I've always liked from an old GameBoy game, so for each skill I have two "parts" the first "part" is the one the actors learn and has the cost and the description, the second "part" has the damage and or the other effects (status debuffs/buffs)
        Dec 9, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    6. TriceratopsX
      TriceratopsX
      Happy thanksgiving RPG Maker Forums!

Alright going to pass out now -_-
      1. 1 person likes this.
    7. TriceratopsX
      TriceratopsX
      Gets back on forums after a few days.

Sees new Visual Novel Maker section.

Excitedly goes to check Steam.

Disappointment :( .

Alas 'tis not the day.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        It's pretty typical that the section goes up before the software comes out, gotta put the hype threads somewhere. :)   I know, I'm excited for it too.
        Nov 10, 2016
      3. Amane Kagari
        Amane Kagari
        You're not alone. I too am waiting anxiously for VN Maker to come out. I'm DYING to try it out!
        Nov 10, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    8. TriceratopsX
      TriceratopsX
      "But it is his eyes that still haunt me; they burned with an unnatural light, I've never seen a man or beast with eyes that terrified me so. Were it not for his eyes I would have brushed him off as another charlatan, I've become quite good at attracting them of late, but those eyes. I can still see them staring at me unblinking in the dark. I'm not sure what I spoke to was human."

Instead of a screenshot showing off part of my game, I decided an excerpt of *******'s journal would be more interesting.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    9. TriceratopsX
      TriceratopsX
      Welp doesn't look like my game'll have a game development page for a little while longer. The first floor had a little more work needed than I first thought. On the upside though I'll give you guys another sneak peak at an area.  :) 48093.IPB
      1. 3 people like this.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Ooo, nice. I suspect there's a reason for a lit of things being grey, but... er, your upper grey wall magically turns into a tree? >.>
        Sep 23, 2016
      3. TriceratopsX
        TriceratopsX
        @taarna23 "er, your upper gray wall magically turns into a tree?" yes AND no. I'd explain (maybe ;) ) but it has something to do with the plot and the setting so...  :p
        Sep 23, 2016
    10. TriceratopsX
      TriceratopsX
      So what does everyone think of the upcoming Visual Novel Maker?

I just found out about it a few minutes ago. I think it looks interesting enough to look into.
      1. 3 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. consolcwby
        consolcwby
        Ooooh...kay. It seems a bit redundant though. I'd hate to see this split this fine community though... time will tell.
        Sep 18, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. TriceratopsX
        TriceratopsX
        @consolcwby What's redundant about it? Is there something similar to this that already exists that I don't know about?  :unsure:
        Sep 18, 2016
      5. consolcwby
        consolcwby
        Well, there's RMMV, GM:S, Ren'Py, dinosaur, Novelty, ect. :( And it's STILL a Niche Genre! ;_;
        Sep 18, 2016
        2 people like this.
    11. TriceratopsX
      TriceratopsX
      Getting close to being ready to make a project development page!  :D  I want to have at least the first area of my game (Re)done before I make one. I just need to finish the first dungeon and make all the events for the area (NPCs Boss(s) Puzzles Etc) With my current speed I should be ready by the 21st of this month (Deadline set challenge accepted B)  Mission Start!) I can't wait to share what I've been working on with you all! So until then I'll give you a sneak peak of the Main Chars house.

46924.IPB
      1. 3 people like this.
    12. TriceratopsX
      TriceratopsX
      Trying to come up with desert boss that isn't one of the three most common ones. (Sphinx, Golem, worm of some kind) ... Kinda harder than I originally thought.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        You should research desert animals and see what you come up with. Make some sort of new hybrid creature. Or research ancient Egyptian gods.
        Sep 4, 2016
      3. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        A giant scorpion, or a human-scorpion hybrid. Or how about some kind of anthropomorphic tomb trap, like a possessed iron maiden of some sort. :D
        Sep 5, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. TriceratopsX
        TriceratopsX
        Scorpion-man? That might work.
        Sep 5, 2016
        2 people like this.
    13. TriceratopsX
      TriceratopsX
      That moment when 90% of your game needs to be remapped, due to a mix of being terrible and story reasons. And you don't know where to start/what to do.  :distrust:   ;_; :stare:
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Pern
        Pern
        It's an every day struggle :/
        Aug 31, 2016
      3. Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Pick a spot and get at it.  It'll get easier.  Head to the grindstone.
        Aug 31, 2016
      4. TriceratopsX
        TriceratopsX
        Yeah, you're right @Golden Unicorn Gaming, the only way to get through the wall is straight through it, to quote @Diretooth earlier. "Go on, you can do the thing. I BELIEVE IN YOU." Repeat as needed  :p
        Aug 31, 2016
    14. TriceratopsX
      TriceratopsX
      Life lessons I learned growing up watching anime:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEdxbw6YyBFw6LmBbAwYoe-5Sk39eMQ9yRRi2t9q-APPDovKh8ig

There's a difference between being scared to die, and being brave enough to live on.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Artificer
        Artificer
        Yes, there are a lot of good lessons in anime.
        Aug 27, 2016
  • About

Chronicler of the histories and legends of Enabion
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV