TriceratopsX
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Finally! The forums back up, I was going nuts being unable to get on here!
    TriceratopsX
    TriceratopsX
    I never realized how often I visited the forums in a day until I couldn't!
    (Groan) Currently working on the database for my project, why? Why is it so tedious? ;_;

It probably doesn't help that I need like 2 of every skill, I wish there was a way to speed it up though.  >_>
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Why do you need two?

Anyway, one thing I do and this is just something that works for me as others develop fine under other methods. Is that I do everything in the order of when I need it. I don't touch aspects of the database That aren't relevant to the current progress of the game. If a character isn't introduced yet, I don't database him/her or his/her skills. 

It has its benefits but there are some drawbacks in that you start to get into a pattern that can become tiring at times.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    You could be working on the database for my tileset builder instead... X and Y coordinates and width and height of every tile, in every tileset. >.>
    TriceratopsX
    TriceratopsX
    Well the reason I need two of each skill is because I'm using MOGHunters Chain Actions plugin to semi-replicate something I've always liked from an old GameBoy game, so for each skill I have two "parts" the first "part" is the one the actors learn and has the cost and the description, the second "part" has the damage and or the other effects (status debuffs/buffs)
    Gets back on forums after a few days.

Sees new Visual Novel Maker section.

Excitedly goes to check Steam.

Disappointment :( .

Alas 'tis not the day.
    Reactions: 2 people
    Sharm
    Sharm
    It's pretty typical that the section goes up before the software comes out, gotta put the hype threads somewhere. :)   I know, I'm excited for it too.
    Amane Kagari
    Amane Kagari
    You're not alone. I too am waiting anxiously for VN Maker to come out. I'm DYING to try it out!
    "But it is his eyes that still haunt me; they burned with an unnatural light, I've never seen a man or beast with eyes that terrified me so. Were it not for his eyes I would have brushed him off as another charlatan, I've become quite good at attracting them of late, but those eyes. I can still see them staring at me unblinking in the dark. I'm not sure what I spoke to was human."

Instead of a screenshot showing off part of my game, I decided an excerpt of *******'s journal would be more interesting.
    Welp doesn't look like my game'll have a game development page for a little while longer. The first floor had a little more work needed than I first thought. On the upside though I'll give you guys another sneak peak at an area.  :) View attachment 48093
    Reactions: 3 people
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Ooo, nice. I suspect there's a reason for a lit of things being grey, but... er, your upper grey wall magically turns into a tree? >.>
    TriceratopsX
    TriceratopsX
    @taarna23 "er, your upper gray wall magically turns into a tree?" yes AND no. I'd explain (maybe ;) ) but it has something to do with the plot and the setting so...  :p
    So what does everyone think of the upcoming Visual Novel Maker?

I just found out about it a few minutes ago. I think it looks interesting enough to look into.
    Reactions: 3 people
    consolcwby
    consolcwby
    Ooooh...kay. It seems a bit redundant though. I'd hate to see this split this fine community though... time will tell.
    TriceratopsX
    TriceratopsX
    @consolcwby What's redundant about it? Is there something similar to this that already exists that I don't know about?  :unsure:
    consolcwby
    consolcwby
    Well, there's RMMV, GM:S, Ren'Py, dinoBuilder, Novelty, ect. :( And it's STILL a Niche Genre! ;_;
    Getting close to being ready to make a project development page!  :D  I want to have at least the first area of my game (Re)done before I make one. I just need to finish the first dungeon and make all the events for the area (NPCs Boss(s) Puzzles Etc) With my current speed I should be ready by the 21st of this month (Deadline set challenge accepted B)  Mission Start!) I can't wait to share what I've been working on with you all! So until then I'll give you a sneak peak of the Main Chars house.

View attachment 46924
    Trying to come up with desert boss that isn't one of the three most common ones. (Sphinx, Golem, worm of some kind) ... Kinda harder than I originally thought.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    You should research desert animals and see what you come up with. Make some sort of new hybrid creature. Or research ancient Egyptian gods.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    A giant scorpion, or a human-scorpion hybrid. Or how about some kind of anthropomorphic tomb trap, like a possessed iron maiden of some sort. :D
    TriceratopsX
    TriceratopsX
    Scorpion-man? That might work.
    That moment when 90% of your game needs to be remapped, due to a mix of being terrible and story reasons. And you don't know where to start/what to do.  :distrust:   ;_; :stare:
    Life lessons I learned growing up watching anime:

There's a difference between being scared to die, and being brave enough to live on.
    Reactions: 1 person
    Artificer
    Artificer
    Yes, there are a lot of good lessons in anime.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!
Helldivers is so much fun!
Suitemate: "Do you have detergent"
Me: "Ya, the spray kind"
Me: *realizes he said detergent, not deodorant*
Me: "Guess I'll die!"
If there's one thing I hate about myself, it's that I procrastinate. Ever since I started looking stuff up on how to properly balance and create armour, weapons and skills; I've let myself down in progress.
So I was at the dentist yesterday and she said,"I'm gonna propose to Dr. Anderson...(Then she paused as she thought what to say). And I said,"I think he is a little old for you." She laughed good naturedly. Then she jabbed sharp things in my mouth for the next 3 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phihhim