Last Activity:
Jun 24, 2019
Birthday:
Jan 25, 1985 (Age: 34)

Share This Page

Trihan

Speedy Scripter, Male, 34, from Buckie, Scotland

Veteran

So I've had a new idea for Slip into Ruby/Jump into Javascript...rather than purely text articles, how about an interactive website? Jun 18, 2019

Trihan was last seen:
Jun 24, 2019
    1. Trihan
      Trihan
      So I've had a new idea for Slip into Ruby/Jump into Javascript...rather than purely text articles, how about an interactive website?
      1. Poryg
        Poryg
        Maybe, if you're willing to spend the effort, why not.
        Jun 18, 2019
      2. Aoi Ninami
        Aoi Ninami
        It seems like a very good idea. It's easier to learn with interactivity than just reading.
        Jun 19, 2019
    2. Trihan
      Trihan
      Looking for some opions on which is the better option: start Slip into Ruby/Jump into Javascript over (with videos) or just update?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Agreed. Update.
        Jun 5, 2019
      3. Trihan
        Trihan
        Alrighty then! Need to see if I can entice my Patreon family back. XD
        Jun 5, 2019
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Late, but I voted for the update. Video only useful when a tutorial needs a visual (like probably drawing tutorial) or audio (composing/music theory). While coding, all u do is to stare at the monitor screen trying to decipher the code. Personally I never really need a visual tutorial when coding, except the time I had a hard time visualizing an algorithm workflow.
        Jun 5, 2019
    3. Trihan
      Trihan
      Having some serious cash flow problems at present; anyone got some quick plugin commissions they need done tonight?
      1. Golden Unicorn Gaming likes this.
    4. Trihan
      Trihan
      Okay, that didn't quite work. Ahem. Guess who's back~ Back again~ Trihan's back~ Tell a friend~ Thinking about reopening my script shop!
      2. Trihan
        Trihan
        The very same, DerVVulfman. ^_^
        Mar 18, 2019
        DerVVulfman likes this.
      3. DerVVulfman
        DerVVulfman
        My forum still has a complete Phylomortis.Com demo. Hehehe... Still there. ;)
        Mar 19, 2019
      4. Trihan
        Trihan
        I still think about RPG-Advocate now and again and wonder what he's up to.
        Mar 19, 2019
    5. Trihan
      Trihan
      Guess who's back~
      1. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        Back again.
        Mar 18, 2019
    6. StateAlchemist
      StateAlchemist
      Can i request a scripts in this site? And ask for help?
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Nobody will tear off your head if you post in the wrong section. We're not a bunch of bullies. You'll just get a blue message, that's all.
        Jan 10, 2019
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Considering that person is not taking requests (per their status on their profile) you'd be better off posting on script requests.
        Jan 10, 2019
      4. Trihan
        Trihan
        Jesus Christ, I leave the site for a few months... XD
        Jan 16, 2019
    7. StateAlchemist
      StateAlchemist
      sorry i`m new here i don`t know where to post. I`m using vx ace sir. and where i can find this threads to request a script?
      1. Kes
        Kes
        Jan 9, 2019
    8. StateAlchemist
      StateAlchemist
      Hi trijan i found out that you made a dynamic beastiary script. but i`m trying to find where u uploaded it but i fail
      i want to use this script for my game. can u sent me a link or something? Thank you.
      1. Kes
        Kes
        Please do not use Status Updates to ask Support questions, that is not their purpose.
        I suggest you post a thread in either Script Requests or Plugin Requests, depending on which engine you are using.
        Jan 9, 2019
    9. Llareian
      Llareian
      I wish I had known about the .some() method before now! You just saved me a lot of time and frustration. You really are a Speedy Scripter! ;)
      1. Kino and Guiguimu like this.
      2. Trihan
        Trihan
        Glad to be of assistance! Java arrays have some really nice little functions that are invaluable when you're doing stuff like that.
        Oct 19, 2017
      3. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        another cool one is .filter() :D
        Oct 19, 2017
        Kino likes this.
      4. Trihan
        Trihan
        But only until .find() works in RM. Stupid lack of ES6 support.
        Oct 19, 2017
    10. Trihan
      Trihan
      Due to needing time to concentrate on finishing my own game, I'm no longer taking commission requests. Will resume commissions next year.
    11. Trihan
      Trihan
      1. Schade likes this.
      2. Kes
        Kes
        The reason I hesitate to say yes to it is because in videos it is v. difficult to see e.g. difference between {} and [], lots of details like that. Would you be using super zoom?
        May 10, 2017
      3. Trihan
        Trihan
        Probably, yeah, and I'd likely explicitly state the kind of brackets if I'm ever looking at something where it's important.
        May 10, 2017
    12. Trihan
    13. Trihan
      Trihan
      Due to an increase in workload in my day job, I may take a bit longer to get through my commission backlog. Apologies for any delays.
      1. RetroBoy likes this.
      2. Trihan
        Trihan
        @RetroBoy Why did you like this? It means your stuff will take me longer to do. XD
        Mar 28, 2017
      3. RetroBoy
        RetroBoy
        So you'd know I know and I'm not upset about it. I am patient. So long as what I want gets done, I dont mind if there are delays every so often.
        Mar 29, 2017
    14. Trihan
      Trihan
      Is Falcao's Pearl ABS script the best one for VX Ace or is anyone aware of one that's better?
    15. Trihan
      Trihan
      Woo, got my first patron on Patreon! This must be how Hugh Jackman feels.
      1. RetroBoy and Zeriab like this.
      2. Kes
        Kes
        Didn't even know that your Patreon page was up yet.
        Mar 18, 2017
        Trihan likes this.
      3. Trihan
        Trihan
        A few people were asking for it so I just went ahead and launched it. Still need to add some actual content.
        Mar 18, 2017
    16. Trihan
      Trihan
      Someday I'll find someone who'll be my spriting mentor in exchange for me being their coding mentor.
      2. Trihan
        Trihan
        Speaking of which, weren't you supposed to be coming up with some kind of reward for me helping you? ;D
        Mar 17, 2017
        Reapergurl likes this.
      3. Reapergurl
        Reapergurl
        Yes, and I've done so.

Aside from credit and a free copy, the rest...wait and see.
        Mar 17, 2017
      4. Trihan
        Trihan
        *waits and sees*
        Mar 17, 2017
        Reapergurl likes this.
    17. Trihan
      Trihan
      Best of luck to everyone else who entered the animation contest!
      1. AceOfAces_Mod and Reapergurl like this.
    18. Trihan
      Trihan
      hadecynn animation contest entry...complete!
      1. Kes, mlogan and Reapergurl like this.
    19. Trihan
      Trihan
      Added Slip into Ruby/Jump into Javascript banners/links to my sig. Hopefully that'll make them a bit more visible. New episodes soon!
      1. LTN Games, dsiver144 and Zeriab like this.
      2. LTN Games
        LTN Games
        I could share your Javascript tutorial links on my website. If you're interested let me know, and we can work out the small details.
        Mar 13, 2017
      3. Trihan
        Trihan
        Thanks for the offer! I'll send you a PM.
        Mar 13, 2017
        LTN Games likes this.
    20. Nutty171
      Nutty171
      Hi, it's the guy who asked about undimmed items, and I think I've come up with a solution: What if the materials where in their own tab? I reckon this should be rather simple, just add another tab in the UI, and make a command/script to put in the notes of the item. I don't really care how long it takes, because my game (which is a side project anyway) is in the very early stages of development. Thank you in advance!
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        @Nutty171 This isn't really the place to request/discuss help. Please use a forum thread, or a PM.
        Mar 10, 2017
      2. Nutty171
        Nutty171
        @taarna23 I'm sorry, I didn't know that! (I'm new to the forum) And speaking of said newness, I regret to admit that I have no clue how to PM.
        Mar 10, 2017
  • About

Birthday:
    Jan 25, 1985 (Age: 34)
    First Language:
    English
    Coding, video games, composing music, watching movies, singing, writing

Interact

Signature

[​IMG]
    Trilobite silhouette courtesy of silhouettegarden.com
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Slip into Ruby and Jump into Javascript - my teardown tutorial series for RPG Maker VX Ace and RPG Maker MV's default engine code