Trihan
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Just a heads-up that Slip into Ruby and Jump into Javascript might be a bit slow for now while I'm on the team porting the YEP plugins to VisuStella's MZ suite.
    Yanfly told me the new earth all animations in MZ look a bit like summoning potatoes and now I can't unsee it. halp
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Élémentaire de pomme de terre
    ScorchedGround
    ScorchedGround
    23kg of french fries!? Unless we are talking McDonalds french fries, these won't stay good for long!
    We need to find people to eat the fries with us... or we sacrifice the fries to the potato gods.
    Dororo
    Dororo
    -Do you want to sacrifice your 17 tons of fries to the potato gods?-
    [YES]
    "You blessed mortal! Here, get your reward!"
    *COLLECTED HOLY PEELER*
    Holy peeler desc.: Allow you to cast "All Earth" as Skill - Incite Fear on Potato People - Use it to claim the Potato People throne.
    Anyone who uses Yanfly's Gab Window plugin: are there any features it lacks that you wish it had?
    caethyril
    caethyril
    Extension requests I got for the MV version included multiple lines (popular!), gab window height/width adjustment, and fast-forward (i.e. when the map's in FF mode, time out the gab faster). :)
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Those are good suggestions caethyril, thanks.
    Would Jump into Javascript be best off continuing to break down the MV core files, or would people prefer a quick detour to cover everything that's changed in the core from MV to MZ?
    Trihan
    Trihan
    XD your words are never annoying, Kupo. I appreciate the input and I actually agree with you, honestly.
    Reactions: Kupotepo
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    Also going to say continuing with MV for now is the best choice.
    Also like your words Kupo!
    Reactions: Kupotepo
    Neo Soul Gamer
    Neo Soul Gamer
    I have no interest in MZ, and I would still vote in favor of the detour. Just because I see that benefitting more people where the launch date is right around the corner.
    Hypothetically, if one were to discover a method via which it's possible to acquire several of Yanfly's paid plugins without paying for them in a technically legitimate fashion, one really should inform him of this, right?
    Satisfy my curiosity for a sec please, folks: how many people actively followed/follow my Slip into Ruby or Jump into Javascript series and have found them useful for learning what makes RM tick?
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Join the various social medias, follow as many people per day as possible in the RM world, some amount will follow you back. Then post your videos to those. A lot of people really seem to think the traffic to these forums is something amazing and enough to be successful. But every tweet I make gets more views in a day than my game thread here has in 3-4 months. That doesn't even include Instagram, or other socials.
    Reactions: mlogan
    redcachalot
    redcachalot
    This series is really useful and what's already been covered is some pretty advanced stuff. Unfortunately, as an RGSS3 noob who is still learning and failing at it BADLY, the most important entrypoints to me are the SCENE and the Battle Window classes... So whatever's already been covered quite professionally is sort of hard to make nooby scripts with... Please cover these remaining RGSS3 classes... Pretty Please...
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Great news for you, I've finished Windows now and the next one will begin the breakdown of scenes. :)
    Anyone available to help me puzzle out some setup logic queries with this plugin I'm developing?
    Worst part about doing a plugin based on an existing system: figuring out the best way for developers to set up the data.
    Y'know, if I spent as much time working on my own game as I do helping people on the forums figure out how to do things for theirs, I'd have been done years ago. XD
    Showing tangible progress is so much easier for artists than it is for coders. An artist can show their line art and be like "Hey, look at the rough outline of how this will turn out!" whereas until we get into the UI side of things a coder is just like HEY LOOK AT MY ELDRITCH GIBBERISH THAT WILL ONE DAY BECOME A MENU DUDE TRUST ME
    Eliaquim
    Eliaquim
    hahahaha that is it! I'm trying to figure this out and make some posts on social media to show my progress. But it is too hard to show "Work in progress" that means something to the final user. And the UI... it's painful xD
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    If you show your interface to users. You will get bombarded by UX comment and critiques
    If you show your interface code to fellow programmers, you will get "dude, this s*** is awesome!"
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Unfortunately, the people who want to see progress from you are rarely fellow programmers. XD
    So it's only like 3 years late but a new Slip into Ruby is on its way!
    Reactions: Kes and CaRa_CrAzY
    CaRa_CrAzY
    CaRa_CrAzY
    I am glad to know you are still on making tutorials.
    I really want to thank you for these tutorials.
    They really helped me last year when I started coding scripts for VX Ace. Thanks to learning ruby I got my current job.
    Reactions: Trihan
    Trihan
    Trihan
    That's brilliant! It's super awesome that I was able to provide you with a resource for learning. This is why I do these things. <3
    So I've had a new idea for Slip into Ruby/Jump into Javascript...rather than purely text articles, how about an interactive website?
    Reactions: CaRa_CrAzY
    CaRa_CrAzY
    CaRa_CrAzY
    My foundation of functional programming I got from the ReactiveX interactive tutorial. It was a very pleasant experience and extremely valuable to my career.
    However, I can only imagine the pain it would be to create a tutorial like that.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    That's probably why it's been 3 years since the last one, but I'm getting back into it. :)
    redcachalot
    redcachalot
    Nope, I'd prefer it if you carry on the same way, at least for Slip into Ruby.
    Reactions: Trihan
    Looking for some opions on which is the better option: start Slip into Ruby/Jump into Javascript over (with videos) or just update?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Agreed. Update.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Alrighty then! Need to see if I can entice my ******* family back. XD
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Late, but I voted for the update. Video only useful when a tutorial needs a visual (like probably drawing tutorial) or audio (composing/music theory). While coding, all u do is to stare at the monitor screen trying to decipher the code. Personally I never really need a visual tutorial when coding, except the time I had a hard time visualizing an algorithm workflow.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just a heads-up that Slip into Ruby and Jump into Javascript might be a bit slow for now while I'm on the team porting the YEP plugins to VisuStella's MZ suite.
So I managed to build a teleport skill. You can see the progression in the development topic
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/in-dev-multi-hit-target-selection.125049/

Here's how it looks:

But the real question is, can I pull off FF8?

I love these little slime battlers. Really wish I could find more animated ones :'(
The curse of retail: you get ideas, you want to make something with those ideas, but because you're always at friggin' work you can't actually do anything with them.
Quexp wrote on lumimae's profile.
Welcome! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dealdeg