Trihan
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• What do you guys want to see for the new Jump into Javascript? A continuation of the rpg_objects, or would you prefer a "lesson 0" where I go back to the absolute basics of Javascript and cover the fundamentals of the language and its construction?
    New version of my wife's art for Tundra's opening map. No new version of Katrina yet, but I think this looks awesome.1624062754755.png
    Finally working actively on Tundra! I'd like to share my wife's WIP art for the starting map and a rough draft of one of the later characters, Katrina. She's very eager to hear any feedback you might have!1623790662347.png
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    My main advice would be since you use no outlines to use a bit stronger shading. Other then that it looks good
    Trihan
    Trihan
    @Finnuval I think I slightly misspoke when I said there won't be outlines; I meant the outlines won't be black, and she hasn't added those in yet. :)

She says thank you very much to everyone who's commented so far for your feedback and suggestions. <3
    Reactions: Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Ah in that case disregard what i said xD
    New Slip into Ruby has been posted! I'll update Jump into Javascript tomorrow after I get some sleep.
    Would anyone be interested in bringing back the OneHour thing we used to do in #rm2k on IRC back in the day? The basic idea is that someone sets a topic and you have an hour to make a game on that topic, then everyone plays and judges the entries and the winner decides the next topic. It was really fun.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    On a different discord I was on they did a 24 hour jam, that was pretty fun.
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    One hour seems pretty short and if you're in the wrong timezone, you might not be able to participate. I think 24 hours would be a better idea in this case.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    We had it at a kind of "neutral" time for that reason. We had people from all over the world doing it! It was more fun as an hour rather than 24 hours because an hour really isn't enough time to make something *good* so you have to be really creative. Some of the entries were ****ing hilarious.
    Huh. A forum topic just pointed out to me one MV->MZ difference I hadn't registered previously: the skill/item use message in MZ doesn't have the actor name hardcoded at the beginning like MV did, so you have more control over having stuff come before it.
    Question for anyone who reads Slip into Ruby or Jump into Javascript: do I sometimes get too "explainy" with the methods/functions? Would it be more useful if I stuck to explaining what the code is doing rather than also delving into minutiae of the technical side of it?
    Reactions: redcachalot
    Shaz
    Shaz
    I like explanations, but I may not be your target audience
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    Yes. I've looked at Jump into JavaScript when you've recommended it to newbies, and in my opinion it's a little too much reciting the function's purpose in English instead of explaining what's being done.
    redcachalot
    redcachalot
    I like it the way it is. Please ALWAYS EXPAND the technical details as much as possible! Scripting is serious stuff and being terse and laconic just isn't going to help anyone. Any newbie ought to realize that is they want to swim at the deep end of the pool, they need all the help that they can get! Myself included...
    I had a potential idea for a paid service and just want to put out feelers for whether people think it's a good idea.

Would anyone be interested in, or think there would be interest in, pre-made RM projects that recreate systems, mechanics and effects from different games? Kinda like a suite of ready-made fangame toolkits.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Yeah, I likely won't be using actual game titles in the project names themselves.
    Zeriab
    Zeriab
    Through the past 5 years about half of people contacting me about RMXP support has been for pokemon essentials. This stayed true even after Nintendo took it down.

@Sausage_Boi I think they did more than just use the name. Pretty sure it contained eithers rips or recreated visuals that were a bit too close to the original pokemon games.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    @Sausage_Boi I think there have been other kits that ripped off Pokemon but didn't use the name (not necessarily for RPG Maker) and they took those down as well. I don't remember where I read that or what the reasoning was - mechanics too similar, used same names within the game, ripped resources - no idea.
    Hey man, I saw you mention that you do MV javascript work? Just wanted to confirm it before I put you on speed dial. =)
    Trihan
    Trihan
    I do indeed, yes.
    Other smaller QOL improvement that's nonetheless going to be useful: if you select a member in the troop editor in the database, it displays the member's enemy ID in the top left.
    Pretty much everyone knows at this point that ctrl+tab cycles through MZ's layers; I've just found out that shift+ctrl+tab cycles them backwards, so you *can* go back and forth.
    For anyone who's interested, I'll be restarting my Let's Play stream tomorrow at 7:30pm BST, beginning with Chronicles of Tsufanubra.
    lianderson
    lianderson
    Slap this one a link and I shall support your return of stream for I know nothing of you at this moment. I only wish to expand my knowledge of this realm in order to increases my thesis' success for my master's in non-demonic sociology, and sentences structured to and from you will enhance this one's odds. Good day mortal, and may your stream be most murda.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

What do you guys want to see for the new Jump into Javascript? A continuation of the rpg_objects, or would you prefer a "lesson 0" where I go back to the absolute basics of Javascript and cover the fundamentals of the language and its construction?
Hey RPG members!!

How do you finish projects? Some new game developers start off strong but end up losing momentum. What keeps you motivated while working on new projects?
Feeling wee sleepy.. ZzzZ
So many threads to move to the right place. My post count is awesome, but 95% of it is due to moving things.
So...I decided to make music for my game... Because i've never done anything musical in my life. I even failed music in school, you basically just had to show up to pass and I somehow failed xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aladdin