Trihan
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Could not for the life of me figure out how to implement the dual/triple techs in Touch the Stars in a player-friendly way. Was describing all the problems to my wife and just rubber-ducked a solution that should work brilliantly.
    Oh god, just watched HawkZombie's stream of my game and realised that *none* of the branching scenes work properly. One has no character graphic, one soft locks due to a passability issue, and one doesn't have its autorun set to the right trigger. I've got first prize in the bag, baby.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    The reason this happened despite me playtesting my game *multiple* times is that after umpteen playthroughs in their entirety I decided to save time by setting test points and doing it in sections.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    I had intended to do one more full playthrough before submitting but when it got to 3 hours before deadline it was getting to stupid o' clock in the morning and I had to drive my wife a town over for carpal tunnel surgery so we figured I'd rather be fresher and not risk crashing the car, and just submitted what I had.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Unfortunately, while everything worked individually, there were transitions that weren't happening which I missed because I didn't get to test the transition, resulting in missing sprites.

And the one scene with the passability lock I didn't get to test at all because I literally had to fire it in right before submitting, I wasn't even paying attention to the dialogue I was writing. :p
    And of course my game has a game-breaking bug at a critical point just before the gameplay part I put the most work into.
    SeaPhoenix
    SeaPhoenix
    :frown: Sorry to hear that. Is it a bug that happens no matter what you do? If not, a comment on the game website may help players bypass the bug.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    @SeaPhoenix there's no way around it unfortunately. I forgot to turn back on an autorun for a cutscene which makes it impossible to progress.
    SeaPhoenix
    SeaPhoenix
    Ugh, that's a shame. I saw the game on Itch and it looks really fun (great description of the game and the bug too, despite how you must be feeling about it). Have added it to my collection, and am looking forward to trying out the sandwich-making puzzle in the future.
    • Love
    Reactions: Trihan
    Can we upload our projects to itch in the standard deployed form (with the img, js folders etc. present) or do we need to package them into installers? Just wary of paid plugins being taken from my game when downloaded.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    I suspected as much. My main concern was people being able to jack paid plugins from the archive, but I suppose you just have to kind of take it on faith that they won't.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Basic encryption will be enough to stop simple opportunists, but nothing you do will prevent a determined thief from breaking open your project and spiriting away your code and resources.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    And that is no longer your responsibillity. You arent putting it out there for ppl to mis-use it. That is on their heads
    First foray into fully custom Dragonbones animation has come with several lessons which have improved my understanding of how it works. Managed to make a fairly decent animation with the assets my wife made!
    You know, the part of the Touch the Stars contest I'm loving the most so far is how everyone who I know to be participating is so supportive of their fellow contestants. It's a really chill vibe despite the stakes involved and I always like seeing that in a game jam. Seeing all the progress being shared and the positive feedback coming from it is really heartwarming. Keep it up, everyone!
    This is the last character art content I'll be posting. Introducing Louise/Gemina, Jane/Tauria, Anna/Sagittaria and Tigerlily/Piscia, the Zodia Girls!

Attachments

• Louise.png
      Louise.png
      81.8 KB · Views: 14
    • Gemina.png
      Gemina.png
      97.1 KB · Views: 14
    • Jane.png
      Jane.png
      95.7 KB · Views: 14
    • Tauria.png
      Tauria.png
      68 KB · Views: 11
    • Anna.png
      Anna.png
      90.8 KB · Views: 9
    • Sagittaria.png
      Sagittaria.png
      130 KB · Views: 7
    • Tigerlily.png
      Tigerlily.png
      63.8 KB · Views: 7
    • Piscia.png
      Piscia.png
      67.2 KB · Views: 9
    Sagittaria's facesets are done!1625065160576.png
    Due to the amount of script and plugin work I have on right now, I'm putting Jump into Javascript on hold for the moment. When we come back, I'll do a lesson 0 which goes right back to the absolute basics of JS coding.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    It's not even for the contest IV, I have an absolute crapload of commission work to get through.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Oh wait you mean I'm stopping teaching people Javascript so they can't make their games as fancy? XD yeah, you got me.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Actually I didn't even think of that angle... Wow, I tip my hat to you, and I thought I was the villain here. :LZSwink:

I was just joking that you're too busy because you're in the contest, glad to hear the commission business is thriving. Forgot who it was on Discord, but I gave him your name when he asked if I wanted to do commissioned coding. So someone else should be heading your way.
    Just uploaded the final episode of Slip into Ruby. It shouldn't feel as emotional as it does to say goodbye to the series, but I'm kinda gutted that it's done. Ah well, we still have plenty of Jump into Javascript to come!
    Theydies and gentlethems, presenting Touch the Stars character #1: Anna Smith and her transformed form, Sagittaria!1624568259771.png
    I've been keeping my cards fairly close to my chest, but Team Muxedo Task is proud to present the first offering for our contest entry: the title screen background.1624496085488.png
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    @ImaginaryVillain It's on the same level as the IGMC prizes (not sure if you were around for those?).
    Edit: Wait no, it isn't. Those had (at least) a total prize pool of $10,000.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Interesting, though definitely before my time here. I joined Jun 21, 2019. Not going to lie if $10,000 was on the line... I'd instantly join a game jam. :LZSexcite: Still this one even kind of interests me a bit... All of my plugins I made for my other game are easily added to another. Hmm... Would be tough with my work schedule though. :kaoswt:
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Ha, if I cared about that I wouldn't be doing it either. I am going to fall so hilariously behind with everything doing this.
    What do you guys want to see for the new Jump into Javascript? A continuation of the rpg_objects, or would you prefer a "lesson 0" where I go back to the absolute basics of Javascript and cover the fundamentals of the language and its construction?
    Kes
    Kes
    With MZ the number of people wanting to know Javascript has increased a lot, so maybe a Lesson 0 would be highly welcomed. Though, ofc, I may be wrong.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    I was thinking the same thing, Kes.
    New version of my wife's art for Tundra's opening map. No new version of Katrina yet, but I think this looks awesome.1624062754755.png
    Finally working actively on Tundra! I'd like to share my wife's WIP art for the starting map and a rough draft of one of the later characters, Katrina. She's very eager to hear any feedback you might have!1623790662347.png
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    My main advice would be since you use no outlines to use a bit stronger shading. Other then that it looks good
    Trihan
    Trihan
    @Finnuval I think I slightly misspoke when I said there won't be outlines; I meant the outlines won't be black, and she hasn't added those in yet. :)

She says thank you very much to everyone who's commented so far for your feedback and suggestions. <3
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Ah in that case disregard what i said xD
    New Slip into Ruby has been posted! I'll update Jump into Javascript tomorrow after I get some sleep.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Day 2 of my redesign journey, as a follow up from the previous post :kaothx:
pXiRJSm.jpg

This is Cedric's son, Apollo!
New pet peeve: Telling tech support personnel what something is doing, only for them to tell me (in excessively condescending tones) what it should be doing. Yes, I know what it should be doing, and if it was doing that, I wouldn’t be talking to you and your attitude problem about it right now, would I? >.<
uglywolf wrote on Khulse's profile.
Hello.
The rules I makes pun about on your last thread is about "Verify Files" before anything else, if the stuff comes from STEAM. Which means, if it could be fixed with just that, there is no need to redownload the whole stuff.
But glad the reinstall worked, hope you enjoy it and your days too.
uh oh, I just tapped into a fresh, deep vein of nightmare fuel right here guys:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baskbask