Trihan
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Worst part about doing a plugin based on an existing system: figuring out the best way for developers to set up the data.
    Y'know, if I spent as much time working on my own game as I do helping people on the forums figure out how to do things for theirs, I'd have been done years ago. XD
    Showing tangible progress is so much easier for artists than it is for coders. An artist can show their line art and be like "Hey, look at the rough outline of how this will turn out!" whereas until we get into the UI side of things a coder is just like HEY LOOK AT MY ELDRITCH GIBBERISH THAT WILL ONE DAY BECOME A MENU DUDE TRUST ME
    Eliaquim
    Eliaquim
    hahahaha that is it! I'm trying to figure this out and make some posts on social media to show my progress. But it is too hard to show "Work in progress" that means something to the final user. And the UI... it's painful xD
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    If you show your interface to users. You will get bombarded by UX comment and critiques
    If you show your interface code to fellow programmers, you will get "dude, this s*** is awesome!"
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Unfortunately, the people who want to see progress from you are rarely fellow programmers. XD
    So it's only like 3 years late but a new Slip into Ruby is on its way!
    Reactions: Kes and CaRa_CrAzY
    CaRa_CrAzY
    CaRa_CrAzY
    I am glad to know you are still on making tutorials.
    I really want to thank you for these tutorials.
    They really helped me last year when I started coding scripts for VX Ace. Thanks to learning ruby I got my current job.
    Reactions: Trihan
    Trihan
    Trihan
    That's brilliant! It's super awesome that I was able to provide you with a resource for learning. This is why I do these things. <3
    So I've had a new idea for Slip into Ruby/Jump into Javascript...rather than purely text articles, how about an interactive website?
    Reactions: CaRa_CrAzY
    CaRa_CrAzY
    CaRa_CrAzY
    My foundation of functional programming I got from the ReactiveX interactive tutorial. It was a very pleasant experience and extremely valuable to my career.
    However, I can only imagine the pain it would be to create a tutorial like that.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    That's probably why it's been 3 years since the last one, but I'm getting back into it. :)
    redcachalot
    redcachalot
    Nope, I'd prefer it if you carry on the same way, at least for Slip into Ruby.
    Reactions: Trihan
    Looking for some opions on which is the better option: start Slip into Ruby/Jump into Javascript over (with videos) or just update?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Agreed. Update.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Alrighty then! Need to see if I can entice my ******* family back. XD
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Late, but I voted for the update. Video only useful when a tutorial needs a visual (like probably drawing tutorial) or audio (composing/music theory). While coding, all u do is to stare at the monitor screen trying to decipher the code. Personally I never really need a visual tutorial when coding, except the time I had a hard time visualizing an algorithm workflow.
    Okay, that didn't quite work. Ahem. Guess who's back~ Back again~ Trihan's back~ Tell a friend~ Thinking about reopening my script shop!
    Can i request a scripts in this site? And ask for help?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Nobody will tear off your head if you post in the wrong section. We're not a bunch of bullies. You'll just get a blue message, that's all.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Considering that person is not taking requests (per their status on their profile) you'd be better off posting on script requests.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Jesus Christ, I leave the site for a few months... XD
    Hi trijan i found out that you made a dynamic beastiary script. but i`m trying to find where u uploaded it but i fail
    i want to use this script for my game. can u sent me a link or something? Thank you.
    Kes
    Kes
    Please do not use Status Updates to ask Support questions, that is not their purpose.
    I suggest you post a thread in either Script Requests or Plugin Requests, depending on which engine you are using.
    I wish I had known about the .some() method before now! You just saved me a lot of time and frustration. You really are a Speedy Scripter! ;)
    Reactions: Kino and Guiguimu
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Glad to be of assistance! Java arrays have some really nice little functions that are invaluable when you're doing stuff like that.
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    another cool one is .filter() :D
    Reactions: Kino
    Trihan
    Trihan
    But only until .find() works in RM. Stupid lack of ES6 support.
    Due to needing time to concentrate on finishing my own game, I'm no longer taking commission requests. Will resume commissions next year.
    This isn't a request for patrons or anything, but as it's relevant to the community: https://www.*******.com/posts/10800935
    Reactions: Schade
    Kes
    Kes
    The reason I hesitate to say yes to it is because in videos it is v. difficult to see e.g. difference between {} and [], lots of details like that. Would you be using super zoom?
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Probably, yeah, and I'd likely explicitly state the kind of brackets if I'm ever looking at something where it's important.
    Due to an increase in workload in my day job, I may take a bit longer to get through my commission backlog. Apologies for any delays.
    Reactions: RetroBoy
    Trihan
    Trihan
    @RetroBoy Why did you like this? It means your stuff will take me longer to do. XD
    RetroBoy
    RetroBoy
    So you'd know I know and I'm not upset about it. I am patient. So long as what I want gets done, I dont mind if there are delays every so often.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Signature characters" - the mascots of your game. Cute, quirky, lovable, recognizable.
i.e.
Kirby, Disgaea prinnies, creepers, Sonic, Mario, DQ slimes, pikachu (all starters), chocobos.

You see what I'm saying.
Getchu one.
Made a video showcasing a plugin that changes the animation rate for animated tiles in our games.

(Plugin by Caethyril )
I guess if you're just going solo dev, minimize features is better choice.
As close as possible, now I draw all of them with little by little needle sticking.
Welp, back to the drawing board...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avaroy