Trihan
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Question for anyone who reads Slip into Ruby or Jump into Javascript: do I sometimes get too "explainy" with the methods/functions? Would it be more useful if I stuck to explaining what the code is doing rather than also delving into minutiae of the technical side of it?
    Reactions: redcachalot
    Shaz
    Shaz
    I like explanations, but I may not be your target audience
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    Yes. I've looked at Jump into JavaScript when you've recommended it to newbies, and in my opinion it's a little too much reciting the function's purpose in English instead of explaining what's being done.
    redcachalot
    redcachalot
    I like it the way it is. Please ALWAYS EXPAND the technical details as much as possible! Scripting is serious stuff and being terse and laconic just isn't going to help anyone. Any newbie ought to realize that is they want to swim at the deep end of the pool, they need all the help that they can get! Myself included...
    I had a potential idea for a paid service and just want to put out feelers for whether people think it's a good idea.

Would anyone be interested in, or think there would be interest in, pre-made RM projects that recreate systems, mechanics and effects from different games? Kinda like a suite of ready-made fangame toolkits.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Yeah, I likely won't be using actual game titles in the project names themselves.
    Zeriab
    Zeriab
    Through the past 5 years about half of people contacting me about RMXP support has been for pokemon essentials. This stayed true even after Nintendo took it down.

@Sausage_Boi I think they did more than just use the name. Pretty sure it contained eithers rips or recreated visuals that were a bit too close to the original pokemon games.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    @Sausage_Boi I think there have been other kits that ripped off Pokemon but didn't use the name (not necessarily for RPG Maker) and they took those down as well. I don't remember where I read that or what the reasoning was - mechanics too similar, used same names within the game, ripped resources - no idea.
    Hey man, I saw you mention that you do MV javascript work? Just wanted to confirm it before I put you on speed dial. =)
    Trihan
    Trihan
    I do indeed, yes.
    Other smaller QOL improvement that's nonetheless going to be useful: if you select a member in the troop editor in the database, it displays the member's enemy ID in the top left.
    Pretty much everyone knows at this point that ctrl+tab cycles through MZ's layers; I've just found out that shift+ctrl+tab cycles them backwards, so you *can* go back and forth.
    For anyone who's interested, I'll be restarting my Let's Play stream tomorrow at 7:30pm BST, beginning with Chronicles of Tsufanubra.
    lianderson
    lianderson
    Slap this one a link and I shall support your return of stream for I know nothing of you at this moment. I only wish to expand my knowledge of this realm in order to increases my thesis' success for my master's in non-demonic sociology, and sentences structured to and from you will enhance this one's odds. Good day mortal, and may your stream be most murda.
    That awkward moment when you realise that the bug you had last night that prevented you from sending a plugin for review was just you writing your own notetag wrong.
    Yanfly told me the new earth all animations in MZ look a bit like summoning potatoes and now I can't unsee it. halp
    Anyone who uses Yanfly's Gab Window plugin: are there any features it lacks that you wish it had?
    caethyril
    caethyril
    Extension requests I got for the MV version included multiple lines (popular!), gab window height/width adjustment, and fast-forward (i.e. when the map's in FF mode, time out the gab faster). :)
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Those are good suggestions caethyril, thanks.
    Would Jump into Javascript be best off continuing to break down the MV core files, or would people prefer a quick detour to cover everything that's changed in the core from MV to MZ?
    Trihan
    Trihan
    XD your words are never annoying, Kupo. I appreciate the input and I actually agree with you, honestly.
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    Also going to say continuing with MV for now is the best choice.
    Also like your words Kupo!
    Neo Soul Gamer
    Neo Soul Gamer
    I have no interest in MZ, and I would still vote in favor of the detour. Just because I see that benefitting more people where the launch date is right around the corner.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

E7DsT3VXsAInVpu

working on my avatar, because i couldn't stand looking at it anymore :D
still not finished though...
alpacaraptors = love!
''Finds icons that fits the game you're making'' Only covers 20% of what you need :p
I'm very manic-y right now. I didn't sleep and I wanted to get a bunch of stuff done, but didn't get anything done except the bare bones concept for a POSSIBLE game.
And I can't sleep now because I'm probably gonna be hanging out with my brother and I gotta discuss a bunch of BroCoG (our game group) junk with him plus it's far to late to sleep NOW.
poppetQuestBarryApproaches.jpg
While I wait for judging, I decided to start adding more "friends" to my attic. :LZSgrin:

I swear I need a whole sound pack of menacing squeaky toy noises. :kaoswt:
I can't believe I actually managed to stay motivated for the whole Game Jam duration (1 month!), definitely will be taking a break after this :0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnelson83