Trihan
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Due to volume and my chronic inability to keep myself organised when things aren't all in one place, I'm setting up a dedicated email address for commission work requests. Details to come in my shop topic!
    I swear my family stumble into the most ridiculous awesome situations sometimes. Just found out my uncle Kevin got a character named after him in Mark Millar's new volume of The Magic Order.
    The biggest piece of advice I could give people who ask questions like "Is this mechanic a good idea?" or "is this balanced?" is that the answer is always dependent on several factors. Whether one thing in your game works can change entirely depending on what else you have going on around it. Harmony and balance in mechanics is a balancing act, not a single decision.
    RCXGaming
    RCXGaming
    This is the primary reason I rarely react to those threads because it's always something you have to figure out on your own, cause you never know how it'll turn out until you put it into practice.
    Reactions: Ouro
    In the name of transparency and taking responsibility, this is a public apology to my recent clients for all the delays and waiting for commissions. I'm truly, deeply sorry I've fallen so far behind. The pandemic really messed with my head and concept of time and I've let pretty much everything slip, but I'm getting caught up and am reviewing my workflow to make changes that prevent this from happening again
    Need a few testers for my new plugin, any takers?
    Trihan
    Trihan
    It's for MZ. Limited shop stock plugin. It will be MV-compatible but I haven't put in the MV commands yet.
    ThreeSixNine
    ThreeSixNine
    I don't have a robust project in MZ but I do have the program. I've been using MV for so long, I guess I kinda forgot about MZ. I'd still be willing to help out.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    I managed to get a couple more testers so I think I'm good for now, but if I do need someone else I'll fire you a PM. :)
    Actual line of code I just had to write for a plugin:

return Object.keys(this._shopStock).map(key => key.split(",")).map(element => element.map(value => Number(value))).filter(key => key[0] === mapId && key[1] === eventId);
    • Wow
    Reactions: Starbird_Resources
    Trihan
    Trihan
    @Arctica I probably could break this down into separate variables, but I didn't see any need to and it looks more impressive and arcane this way. :p
    • Haha
    Reactions: Jragyn
    Jragyn
    Jragyn
    @Arctica @Trihan
    My first suggestion would also have been to split it up into variables a bit, or extract that generic functionality into a method to look at only once and never again. That black magic is gross, but still magic.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    @Jragyn If I needed it for any more than this one function I would have, but it's only needed once in the plugin, and it only needs to be done like this because I'm using a multi-element key and need to compare a subset of the values.
    That awkward moment when you're talking about thinking about writing a limited shop stock plugin for MZ and then find out you already wrote one...last May. My memory is so bad.
    Avery
    Avery
    Happens to me way to often with icons. Sometimes I see things where I am like "yeah, that is the perfect base for this edit" and make that, and when I want to add it to the sheet I realise I had that idea already once or even twice in the past:rswt2:
    "How do I do this?"
    "Here is the code for it."
    "Exactly like that?"
    "Yes."
    "It doesn't work." *shows screenshot of code that has been changed and is not at all exactly like it was written*
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    I'm guilty, lol But I think I've made my mistakes already. I've got 12 days off work so I plan to study JS and try to understand it better. I have a friend who is a professional coder who's coming over to help next week.
    Avery
    Avery
    I love also the "no not like that - adds informations that noone could have guessed before".
    • Haha
    Reactions: Shaz
    Quexp
    Quexp
    I'm amazed at how patient you guys/gals are. It's one thing for someone to be confused and asked for help but to sit there and argue with people trying to help is super annoying and I'm not even the plugin creator responding to these people.
    So today I learned that MZ made a very subtle change to how "remove by damage" states are handled in comparison to MV.

It no longer checks the target's result to see if the state was already being removed, meaning an attack that adds a state which is removed by damage will now be reapplied if you attack a target that already has it (which wasn't the case in MV)
    Reactions: Choraß
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    I would posit that something can be intentional and still, practically, be a bug insofar that it creates undesired behavior :wink:
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Fair.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    This behavior exists in VXA and it tripped me off. In the end, I went to use add new state method (not add state) which doesn't check the result to force it through.
    I'm open again for script and plugin commissions! If anyone needs anything done in XP up to MZ fire me a PM with the details.
    Surprising nobody, it turns out "next Friday" for the next Jump into Javascript has become "possibly Sunday if you're lucky" XD
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    You could always change the name, y'know, like Drag Out JavaScript? :wink:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Alador
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Just for that I'm going to rename it Jump into Javascript For Everyone Except ATT_Turan.
    • Haha
    Reactions: Shaz
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_6_28_2022_3_2_40.png

There's 7 main areas in the game that are all connected. This train get's you from an underground lab to the center of someone's subconscious. inside the train you can talk to some of the passengers. but going to the top of it, there's battles.
Speedrunning all character portraits just so they all have the same quality. Not sure if this was a good idea, but now I'm almost done.
We now have a gameplay video!
DrBuni wrote on Akiritas's profile.
That is a cute Link picture, reminds me of the Samurai Jack artstyle.
I had an idea on how to get my encounters to leash after chasing the player for a little bit. After going down the Javascript rabbit hole, I realized I could do it in a regular movement route. Derp!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordak