Trihan
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I am officially branded! Made myself a shiny new avatar and sig banner.
    Zeriab
    Zeriab
    Hopefully digital branding is less painful than the old fashioned physical version.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    I'll let you know once my ass stops hurting.
    Kes
    Kes
    Oh my, quite the personality change.
    Stylish though.
    Things I Don't Understand #3498: why they removed the stretch blt function of Bitmap in MV.
    Reactions: Guiguimu
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Things I learned today #3498: they didn't, it's just baked into the standard blt function as two optional parameters at the end of the call.
    Zeriab
    Zeriab
    Due to a good type of laziness
    Considering converting Slip into Ruby and Jump into Javascript to blog format for more readable layouts.
    Kes
    Kes
    How would that work? Just curious about what you mean by "more readable layouts".
    Kes
    Kes
    Hmm, maybe I've asked too complex a question for status updates.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Basically each post would be either a list of scripts or a script with links to the corresponding posts, and each method would detail what calls it with a link to everything it connects to.
    What are some of the funniest misheard song lyrics you've experienced? Hit me with your pet shark!
    Does anyone have any idea if FFX's monster arena prices have any kind of formula, or is it just arbitrary for each monster?
    Guiguimu
    Guiguimu
    They seem to be arbitrary. Like a shop, where you set the price of an item. But who knows XD
    Trihan
    Trihan
    It did look arbitrary. Oh well, I'll add a meta option in my plugin so you can set how much a monster costs to fight.
    Would someone be able to do me a quick favour and PM me the raw code for MrBubbles' gender requirements script?
    console.log(trihan.motivation_level); -> "undefined"
    Reactions: mlogan and Kes
    Zevia
    Zevia
    Code worked on the first try? Uh-oh. It's gonna' fail catastrophically somewhere down the line in production...
    Reactions: mlogan
    Trihan
    Trihan
    I'm expecting a Coffee overflow at some point.
    Reactions: mlogan
    Kes
    Kes
    That sounds a bit dangerous for those around you. Keep a floor cloth to hand.
    Have any of the artists in the community created additional parts for the character generator in MV?
    Avery
    Avery
    Yes, and if you had a look into the forums you'll see that there is even a list linking to all those sources in the general resources board.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    I'll have a look, thanks.
    Breaking news that nobody will care about: after only 3 months in my new .NET Developer position, I am now MCP, MS and MCSD certified!
    Reactions: Archeia and Lantiz
    Lantiz
    Lantiz
    Looks like fun
    Oh my, just realized this is from 2015 '-'
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Haha, I did wonder why you'd commented on it. XD I still have the certifications though!
    Lantiz
    Lantiz
    Stalkers problem :[
    And I was still working with Delphi back then, so let's just pretend this conversation was held in 2015 xD
    See, I was going to set up a development blog for my IGMC entry, but unfortunately the central conceit of the game is that in the first minute or so it appears to be something completely different and if people watch me work on it they'll know what the twist is. XD
    Seriel
    Seriel
    Make liberal use of Spoiler tags and Warings?
    Seriel
    Seriel
    I'm just going easy on the screenshots and not talking about story.
    Got spare keys for Luna Engine and Game Character Hub available if anyone needs them.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    GCH is gone.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Luna's gone too. I have nothing left.
    Most awesome thing ever: working on your IGMC entry with your wife. :) Also Humble Bundle acquired, so I have totally contributed to the prize fund! You're welcome.
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Last year I did my IGMC entry with my loved one. It was very rewarding, fun, and a little bit hair pulling at times. But better for him to deal with me than some helpless other person.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    That IS awesome! Have fun doing it, and remember the journey is every bit as important as the destination.
    JosephSeraph
    JosephSeraph
    I'm doing it with my loved one too! Which is myself ofc
    Question for you all. You've been given a part-time job at a place you used to work, but you have an upcoming interview for a job you'd rather be doing instead, in line with your ideal career. A job offer would be unlikely to come before you've completed a lengthy induction for the other job that's expensive to the company, and if you took the second job you'd essentially be betraying several good friends you made last time you worked there. Would you take it?
    Dickjutsu
    Dickjutsu
    I agree with the other comments. Take the first job, if the second one pans out, fantastic.

One of my employees took a job with me expecting to get a new job that he'd already applied for within 3 months. That was almost two years ago and he just now got hired and put in his 2-weeks notice.

You don't want to be unemployed for two years hoping on a maybe, if you've got a definite sitting right there.
    Celianna
    Celianna
    Take the job. Don't ever - EVER - make career decisions based on your friends.
    MadMaus
    MadMaus
    Pretty much what Celianna said. Also, learn how to not mix personal and professional life, so you'll avoid that kind of troubles in the future. Real friends will go with you wherever you are. ;)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

BCj
Working on Escalia again, feels good. Have this overwhelming urge to map as well, but need to get some extra tiles commissioned first :D
Lee Sang wrote on Bandito's profile.
Hi, I've just tried your plugin "Game is Active" and when I tested it on Android, it gave me an error, something about "Cannot read property 'underfined' of underfined.
With my project, I want the player to have access to all the tools they need to get from New Game to Credits as soon as possible; I want the player's progress to only be impeded by the player not knowing how to use the tools the game provides.
Just a little close up shot...
w2xZocX.jpg
finally drew the last member of "team outcast" for my game. since my game has a lot fighting game elements in it, there's bosses in teams of three like King of Fighters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paravn9