Recent content by Trihan

1. Trihan

[VXAce] Can You help me with a condition?

You can also do !$game_party.members.include?($game_actors[5]) for a slightly shorter condition.
  2. Trihan

RMMV Only IIFEs allowed at top level of plug-in source file - guideline or hard rule?

I'm in the same boat as Kelly. I declare my variables in a TLB object to expose them to other developers in case they need to extend or modify my plugins.
  3. Trihan

Default experience calculation in RPGM VXA...

class RPG::Class < RPG::BaseItem alias :tlb_exp_for_level :exp_for_level def exp_for_level(level) return tlb_exp_for_level(level) + $game_variables[127] end end
  4. Trihan

Conditional Branch Weirdness

I wasn't saying that would fix it, I was saying that removing the stuff that doesn't need to be there makes it easier to read and that makes it easier to troubleshoot what *will* fix it.
  5. Trihan

It also seems like you're saying they're worthless aspects in reviews just because *you* don't...

It also seems like you're saying they're worthless aspects in reviews just because *you* don't see the point of them, which would only really be a valid point if reviews were written specifically for you. :P
  6. Trihan

Honestly sounds like you've just been reading bad reviews rather than that being an endemic...

Honestly sounds like you've just been reading bad reviews rather than that being an endemic problem with reviews themselves. I've read plenty where they were presented as personal opinions rather than fact.
  7. Trihan

I still think it's useful to know what the reviewer thought about those aspects even if I might...

I still think it's useful to know what the reviewer thought about those aspects even if I might not necessarily concur with the opinion.
  8. Trihan

They're all battle themes I've been unable to get out of my head. I may be biased because I...

They're all battle themes I've been unable to get out of my head. I may be biased because I worked on some of the systems in this game but the soundtrack is amazing IMO. :P
  9. Trihan

My point is that "the game does X" may not be the whole story, and the presentation of X may be...

My point is that "the game does X" may not be the whole story, and the presentation of X may be coloured by the reviewer's pre-existing ideas of X and how it affects games in general. There's nothing wrong with them saying how it made *them* feel as at the end of the day they're the ones...
  10. Trihan

The problem is if you declare subjective things worthless, the entire thing is worthless. Even...

The problem is if you declare subjective things worthless, the entire thing is worthless. Even describing aspects of the game goes through the filter of how the reviewer feels. Aside from that, I defy you to listen to these without them getting stuck in your head. :P
  11. Trihan

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying. You're checking for the switch being off in every conditional branch, but you only need to do so in the first one: in the event that the switch is on, it will never make it past that first check in the first place so there's no point in checking it in...
  12. Trihan

The first thing I would do is eliminate the conditions in nested branches which have to have been true in order to get there in the first place. Like "fixed puzzle is off". Because that's your very first condition, there is no way for it not to be off in any branch inside it, because if it's on...
  13. Trihan

Pineapple belongs on a pizza!

I voted "no freaking way!" because I don't personally like pineapple, but if anyone else wants it in theirs they're welcome to do so.
  14. Trihan

RMMV Separate main menu entries for normal items & key items, close to a solution

The reason this happens by default is that Window_ItemCategory inherits from Window_Command, and Window_Command's initialize function calls the .activate() function at the end.
  15. Trihan

Map Loop Question (Solved)

I suppose the question would be: what would you want to happen if the player lands the airship at a scroll point the player wouldn't ordinarily have been able to get to on foot?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I know I'll put one of my game's sprites here to give the illusion that I am a productive member of game society.
handelspriteanim.gif
Preparing untested English localization for DOWNFALLEN.

unknown-43.png
Sometimes I wonder if I feature creep... 225 magic spells is a lot lol.
Being hit with nostalgia for something that's gone is both a great thing and so sad.

But being a creative means having ideas for bringing stuff back to life, which can be frustrating and rewarding in it's own right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggo