TSR

The Northern Frog, Male, from Canada

Veteran

No work today, so I'm gonna work anyway... Dec 6, 2019

TSR was last seen:
Viewing latest content, Dec 15, 2019 at 11:23 PM
    1. TSR
      TSR
      No work today, so I'm gonna work anyway...
    2. TSR
      TSR
      status
  • About

Birthday:
    October 9
    Physical Therapist
    First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Music, science, RPGs, martial arts
    I'm from the NES generation, so I've been playing RPGs since the late '80s.
    Following an "Introduction to programmation" course in highschool, I kept learning scripting by myself (Internet was at his dawn, so no forums, no tutorials). I've made lots of small projects, always aiming towards beeing able to make a classical RPGs from the golden era of the mid '90s.
    I was using a mutimedia editor (now obsolete); it was nothing like RPG maker, everythings has to be pull out of code so the task of developping an RPG engine was tremendous (at least for an amateur like me...). Yet, I managed to achieved something pretty much like the RPG maker default engine (took me like 4 years).

Yes, it was clunky, a bit laggy and the code was a mess that only I could decipher, but It worked surprisingly well... ...Until the editor was discontinued in 2017.
    Today, the only things that remains from that project is some artworks and a playable 1h demo.

After that, I've quit Game Dev for the last 2 years. It's only recently that the nostagia took me once more and I've started searching for a new editor.
    Ironiquely, even though RPG maker existed for around 20 years now, I've only heard of it for the first time a few years ago. I admit I've look down on it at first glance as it appeared to me to be just some kids toy. But after trying it, I realised it was the perfect editor for me because I mainly aim at making Classics RPGs (that's what RPG maker is meant to do), the base engine is already coded and customisation is achievable through Js coding.
    In other words, RMMV has really made my life easy compare to what I knew before, concerning Game Dev.

TSR

Signature

TSR, a "Frog from the North"
    Amateur Game Dev/Programmer since 1997