Tsukihime
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• So the offical english maker calls it "traits" while the pirated versions call them "features"?
    Jarrad
    Jarrad
    That's backwards, I have a copy I won on a forum contest and mine says features.
    Archeia
    Archeia
    Naw, the Official is Features. The Japanese one is traits. A lot of people call it traits because we're used to it.
    GrandmaDeb
    GrandmaDeb
    As in, "Class data defines the features and abilities of actors?"
    Lots of code snippets, but nowhere to put them. Need a scalable solution that is easy to organize and search. Suggestions?
    Andar
    Andar
    My suggestions are probably too large for simple snippets, but I would use either a WIKI or one of the development/ticket-systems like that onwww.mantisbt.org.

(mantis started as a bugtracker, but can do much more)
    ShinGamix
    ShinGamix
    a snippet pack?
    Tsukihime
    Tsukihime
    A wiki would be solution. I can categorize snippets and aggregate them in various ways without having to do much work on my part.

I have heard of Mantis, but as a user would it be intuitive to look for snippets in there?

I am not sure what a "snippet pack" is.
    Would it be considered "throwing an item" if you consume an item/weapon/armor and it casts a spell?
    Espon
    Espon
    If it's not leaving your hand, how would it be considered throwing?
    Tsukihime
    Tsukihime
    I'll have to think of a different name for the script. At first it was about throwing junk at the enemy but then it suddenly turned into consuming weapons to shoot lasers.
    Kaelan
    Kaelan
    I just implemented that exact feature in my game last week. But the "trigger items" in my case are potions and scrolls, rather than throwing things.
    Hopefully all that feature condition checks won't lag the game too much
    ShinGamix
    ShinGamix
    Bug-The map layers demo battles freeze up when loading attack or magic animations even in the demo.
    All note-tag scripts I write for objects that do not have note boxes will rely on the note manager from now on. If there are issues with it should raise them early on.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Honestly. Didn't sleep for a day. ONCE
Hi! I've been working on some character sprites for my pirate themed game.
Still somewhat new to pixel art, so feedback or inputs would be appreciated ^^
TRIVIA: I love Japanese food and culture! I've never been to Japan, but someday I'm going to go to Tokyo and do some touring, including Disneyland Tokyo and DisneySea! And I even prepared myself for earthquake safety.
The virus really doesn't want us to do this GameJam. v .v' Even if we don't meet the deadline because of it, still plan on making it a game we'll release.
Has anybody else noticed in the freebie Sci-fi tilesets that they have a hologram of Cybertron from Transformers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LegendXRonin