tumsterfest
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Many folks lately have lamented bad writing in RM games. Yet there are few Classified/trade options for writing/editing. Wondering if enough folks would find it useful if "someone" (it's me) opened a shop?
    tumsterfest
    tumsterfest
    @woootbm bingo. Many devs consider their idea their "baby" and lack the self-awareness to see their writing requires help.

@ATT_Turan I think some devs underestimate how much unclear writing undermines multiple game aspects.

@CG-Tespy I have proven writing/marketing skill, but nothing game-specific. One challenge is conveying that spellcheck isn't enough.
    Reactions: CG-Tespy
    kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    You have a good point, you might be the only person selling their righting skills to the RPG maker community who also beat that intense game at the age of 8 ;)
    CG-Tespy
    CG-Tespy
    You're right, tumsterfest, and there's also things like the importance of connotations and context-based terminology-use. The two of us know that, of course, but many devs sadly don't... Even if they already hit the big one-eight
    Crazy cat lady. (Or fox? Badger? ... Mongoose?)

ferra showoff 200 percent.png
    Reactions: Bex
    gstv87
    gstv87
    cougar.
    I think the word you're looking for, is cougar.
    tumsterfest
    tumsterfest
    Well, she's only 24, so ...

Although in her primitive and dangerous world, 24 might be closer to middle age. Haha.
    Took a crack at making an XP asset blend in better with MZ. ... It kinda works?

XP-to-MZ-Style-Conversion-Test.png
    Avery
    Avery
    For pixel art it is select by color for sure - since that usually just gets what I need and worst case I can substract with the other select methods what I don't want.

For blur and smudge I just went with the default ones here, I have no favourites, it depends on what I wanna do.
    Avery
    Avery
    I mean select by color the one brightest shade of the trunk, using the color picker to pick up the lightest I want from my reference and using the bucket to replace it in the trunk. Rince and repeat until your tree trunk has the exact color ramp as the reference.
    tumsterfest
    tumsterfest
    It took almost a week, but here we are:

attempt to edit XP_tiles_PandaMaru_plants2.png
    Watching your recruitment thread sit atop the channel for 2 straight weeks with no new interest: 50% hilarious, 49% disheartening, 1% "h8 you all plz make my game 4 me lol"
    When you start recoloring your character because lawsuits are expensive:

lawsuits are bad.png
    I'm open to bringing on another person to work on my game for free ... or paid ... or via skill trade ... where do I post that without being swatted lightly across the fanny?
    • Haha
    Reactions: anthonytheperson
    tumsterfest
    tumsterfest
    Yeah, it just seemed redundant/spammy to post something in both sections. I wasn't sure if there was a preference one way or the other if I wanted to make a catch-all invitation that covers both free and paid (and trade).

Seems like Project Recruitment might be the way to go until I have a very specific request, like you said.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Yeah usually here paid needs to be specific like make me this sprite, or this music. I've not seen it used for general hiring.
    tumsterfest
    tumsterfest
    Good to know; thanks!
    Can I ... just ... take stuff from the Resource Request threads? Or are those special gifts only meant for one person?

I feel like I just invited myself to someone's party or asked how much money they make.
    Avery
    Avery
    I guess that depends. I usually state that the stuff I made goes under my terms and later post them in my resource threads anyways (if I don't forget).
    tumsterfest
    tumsterfest
    Ironically, I think it was your bow weapon that finally prompted me to ask this after a year of wondering, @Avery. Haha. Perhaps double-ironic because my main character's name is Avery?
    kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    Stupid plan; Gather resources from different artists, one artist for each important character, name the characters after the artist (probably using anagrams). It can't possibly go wrong!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Clarn Hold
(No storylines)
There was a tutorial on how to draw anime eyes. Just draw Among Us. So I tried.
Screenshot_107.jpg
DamageActor3_7.png added!
index.php

Making a "characters first appearance" drawing for my game. Now I just have to finish the sprite art animation for her grand entrance.​
ScreenShot_9_24_2022_7_56_24.png
New area being started today. It leads to one of the games 2 optional bosses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royeventcompany