Last Activity:
Nov 7, 2015

Following 1

Followers 1

Birthday:
Mar 3, 1995 (Age: 24)

Share This Page

typhon01

Designer/Coder, Male, 24, from Knee-deep in code...

typhon01 was last seen:
Nov 7, 2015
    1. There are no messages on typhon01's profile yet.
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 3, 1995 (Age: 24)
    First Language:
    English
    My name is Typhon01, and I come from a small town in southern Utah.

When I was in the 8th grade, my sister's boyfriend purchased a C++ programming book for me on my birthday, and I have been coding ever since. I work in C++ mainly, but I also do web design with HTML, CSS, and javascript, and scripting in Python and, well, Ruby, as of recently. I began to teach myself Ruby around October, and I've been "dabbling" in it off and on in my free time. I'm not the best scripter out there, but I am continually getting better.

I have a full-time job currently at a propane shop. When I'm not working, I'm either running errands, spending time with my wonderful girlfriend, or working on my laptop. As I mentioned previously, I work mainly in C++, but thus far all of my programs have been for my own use. I've created a program for encrypting files and documents using an algorithm of my own design, as well as a key generator to work in tandem with said encrypting program. I've also done "for fun" projects that analyze images and return color intensities at given points, Windows calculator rip-offs, Console-based Tic Tac Toe, a remake of the classic Snake in C++, among other things. Due to a challenge issued by my own best friend, however, I am currently daunted by the overwhelming task of coding a comprehensive mathematical database containing tutorials and implementations of every formula you could expect to encounter from basic first-grade mathematics, all the way through differential calculus, :/

Anyways, enough of C++... I originally bought RPG Maker VX Ace, as I had an idea for a game that I wanted to pursue. My best friend, a brilliant pixel artist whom is currently serving a mission, offered his time and resources to help my dream become a reality, but we simply couldn't find an engine powerful enough for our needs. That's when I stumbled upon RPG Maker, and it's newest release, VX Ace. My friend and I were a little skeptical at first while we were reading through the feature lists, but we downloaded the trials, and we didn't even NEED the thirty days before we decided that this was the engine that would fit our dreams. So, we bought the software, and he began making artwork and writing music, while I designed maps, levels, storylines, etc..

We got to the point where we realized that we wouldn't be able to achieve everything that we want with only the features that Ace offered by itself, so I told him I would learn the scripting language to build everything we need. He's now gone on his mission, and I will likely follow soon-after, but as of now, I'm actively learning everything I can about Ruby and the RGSS3, when I can afford the time to do so.

Programming, designing, sleeping, scripting (in that order)

Also like fishing, any quality time I get with my girlfriend, going on walks, theorizing (about stuff in general), and researching.

Believe it or not, I don't play many video games anymore.