Recent content by UmbrotheUmbreon

1. UmbrotheUmbreon

RMMV Making a Scan skill work

Terribly sorry about that. I will do a better job making sure I post in the right forum next time.
  2. UmbrotheUmbreon

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be trouble but I'm having difficulty figuring out where to find that. Is that a separate plug in I need to manually add to my game, or is there a spot in the program (files or in the program itself) I modify to do this?
  3. UmbrotheUmbreon

Ah boo.....That's a bit more scary for me at the moment. Now a new question I have is, how do I add a command to the pause menu to look open the enemy book (labeled Bestiary)
  4. UmbrotheUmbreon

This worked out as I intended! Once I modified the common event it began to put the troop in. It should work on all monsters since the scope of the skill was set to all, but if it turns out that doesn't work I can just revisit this. The only thing I would wanna do now is have it so that you can...
  5. UmbrotheUmbreon

So I've decided to get myself into trouble and dabble with plug ins and such. I'm not particularly smart with these things and this will be my first experience with them. Please be gentle Anyhoo, I was looking at the plug ins for RPG Maker MV and saw the EnemyBook plug in. I thought about...
  6. UmbrotheUmbreon

Hello there

I only have 2k3, VX, and MV. I tried VXAce and don't believe I was too fond of it, but if it goes on sale on steam again I'll be sure to get it.
  7. UmbrotheUmbreon

Sprite Problems

I apologize. I tried to use images but for some reason the images weren't coming out when I previewed the post. It's been quite a few years since I last touched a forum site. Oh, that might help. It doesn't have the $ in front of the name. Thank you very much for the help.
  8. UmbrotheUmbreon

Sprite Problems

So I was using a sprite creator program to make my own characters for the little project I'm working on. I got the character made, saved it, and imported it to the database in the proper area. However, when I go to the database and try to change the character graphic to my new upload, instead of...
  9. UmbrotheUmbreon

Hello there

Thank you for the welcome. I personally have more experience with VX and am able to work with the events far better. I also developed my first tiny game with it, and wish to try my hand at something a bit bigger than that. To do so, I shall need help!
  10. UmbrotheUmbreon

Hello there

So, I'm not exactly new, but I haven't touched this account in over 4 years. I wanted to get back into making things with RPG Maker VX, so I've come to make myself known to this community. I hope to gain lots of knowledge and to showcase things I can do. So hello to the RPG Maker community!
  11. UmbrotheUmbreon

Event Help: Rocks on specific spots

I believe it was the control variables thing that I forgot about in the eventing process. It definitely does make it a bit more complicated and challenging to remember and input, but it works from my past experiences. Thanks for the help, will be sure to seek more info if things don't work out.
  12. UmbrotheUmbreon

I must admit that it's been awhile and I was on VX before, but I thought there was an event that was used in the process to this. Doesn't help I'm terrible with explaining things .w. How would I get the event to check the position after it's been moved? The puzzle in the dungeon is you need to...
  13. UmbrotheUmbreon

I am getting back into the swing of things with the latest RPG Maker engine, and I am in need of eventing help. What I want is for an event to trigger when a rock moves onto a specific spot in the map (like on a button or a panel). What I have is the rock and the spot it needs to be in. What I...
  14. UmbrotheUmbreon

Skill Use with Events

Hmm, that sounds interesting enough....If someone could show it as it would look on the screen then I could give a try. Visual references are easier for me to interpret than descriptive ones (for the most part). This is because I mix things up and have a hard time understanding what people say...
  15. UmbrotheUmbreon

How to Make a Player-named Character a Boss?

Would it be possible to simply have that character take on a new name when he leaves and turns into a boss, and then after the fight they find out it was really the character? It would make this process easier but if that's not what you're going for then I apologize.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's satisfying to master the usage of a hard plugin, then making it do what you want. ( o w o)!!
I'll be redesigning some of the main characters from my many wip stories :kaohi:
gWBWMzT.jpg

Starting with the (chronologically) first of them, Cedric!
gotta love when a plugin you thought had nothing to do with why something else wasn't working winds up being the issue...
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Well... it's been a while since I was last here :kaoswt: I don't want to say I'm officially 'back' yet, but I've recently started working with RM again, so I might become active here again :kaohi:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabbitlesbian