UNphiltered_khaos
Last Activity:
Dec 8, 2018 at 6:50 PM
Making Video Games

Share This Page

UNphiltered_khaos

Game Dev. Artist., Male, from Montucky

Veteran

I REALLY need to finish putting the final touches of polish on my first round release for my game. Dung it! I don't wanna... Nov 11, 2018

UNphiltered_khaos was last seen:
Dec 8, 2018 at 6:50 PM
    1. UNphiltered_khaos
      UNphiltered_khaos
      I REALLY need to finish putting the final touches of polish on my first round release for my game. Dung it! I don't wanna...
    2. UNphiltered_khaos
      UNphiltered_khaos
      Why is a black cube so low-key prominent in Abrahamic religions? Why is Mecca a giant black cube? Gonna make a game based on this symbolism.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Oh, please let me know if you remember the name of that Christian sect that used black cubes, I'd love to learn more about it. :)
        Oct 6, 2018
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        I don't know about black cubes but cubes are prevalent in both Judaism and Christianity as well. Several old testament temples were designed as cubes (citation needed, exact scripture unknown but somewhere in Solomon I think) and the New Jerusalem described in Revelation 21 is a massive, country-sized golden cube that falls out of the sky basically.
        Oct 7, 2018
      4. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        Heeeey! Don't the Borg from Star Trek travel around in an interstellar cube? I wonder why.
        Oct 7, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
    3. UNphiltered_khaos
      UNphiltered_khaos
      If you like History, and want to have your mind ripped to shreds, go learn about Anthony Johnson circa 1600's Virginia...
      1. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        It's funny how whenever history goes against an overarching socio-political narrative it all but disappears, even with the information at our fingertips most people are still kept in the dark and discussing the historical significance of figures such as Johnson and Casor will get you banned in a lot of public forums. As if history itself can now be racist.
        Oct 1, 2018
        Finnuval and The Stranger like this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Philosophus Vagus History can be racist according to some people. Didn't you get the memo? :p I'm pretty sure he wasn't the only black land and slave owner either. The whole slave trade during that time was far less black and white (no pun intended) than people make it out to be. There are far too many persistent myths surrounding slavery.
        Oct 1, 2018
        Finnuval likes this.
    4. UNphiltered_khaos
      UNphiltered_khaos
      When the wheels are falling off your wagon, turn it into a hovercraft.
      1. Shaz likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. TakeHomeTheCup
        TakeHomeTheCup
        Could you kindly explain how I go from wagon to hovercraft?
        Oct 1, 2018
        UNphiltered_khaos likes this.
      4. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        Oct 1, 2018
        Sharm and TakeHomeTheCup like this.
      5. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        That's like the old math proof we had in grad school. State what you know, write some random gibberish, then state "Then a miracle occurs" then state what you wanted to prove.
        Oct 1, 2018
        TakeHomeTheCup and Sharm like this.
    5. UNphiltered_khaos
      UNphiltered_khaos
      Have you ever been so cocksure and full of hubris you made a game 90%+ RTP (even many default maps)? I almost feel ashamed these days...
      1. View previous comments...
      2. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        @SOC RMVXA RTP (or older) is years old, and has been seen a billion times in a trillion games.
        @bgillisp That was my revised goal after I realized 1 week was NOT enough time for anything. Now I hope the side content, plot and characters make the game worth playing.
        Sep 22, 2018
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        If it's fun it'll work. One of the first RM games I played was just Ralph punching bears and it was fun.
        Sep 22, 2018
      4. SOC
        SOC
        Why does it matter if it's old and been seen a lot if it's still good especially when used correctly?
        Sep 22, 2018
    6. UNphiltered_khaos
      UNphiltered_khaos
      Sep 1, 2014: "I'm going to make my first game in a week." 211 weeks later: "Now I'll bug fix that scene, add more content here..."
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        That's like mine: June 6th 2014: I'll make this game in 2 - 3 years. 4+ years later...
        Sep 20, 2018
    7. UNphiltered_khaos
      UNphiltered_khaos
      I see a board for "Past Events", is there one for Current events? Is anything going on right now?
      1. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I think current events are normally announced in the Community Announcements board. :)
        Sep 16, 2018
      2. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        Lol, I guess that makes sense, huh? *face palm*
        Sep 16, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I'm not 100% sure if all community events happen in the Community Announcements board, though. I remember seeing a few unique boards pop up during certain events too.
        Sep 16, 2018
    8. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      My dad has a poster for Wizards in his room.
      1. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        :) That is awesome! I recently became reacquainted with that movie via Youtube.
        Sep 16, 2018
    9. UNphiltered_khaos
      UNphiltered_khaos
      I wanted to make Parallax maps, but I have no way to show my body of work. Im stuck on Linux and can't run any version of RPG Maker.
      1. Marquise* likes this.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Does Wine not work? There's a program called "Snipping Tool" on Windows that let you take screenshots of custom-made sections, although I'm not sure what would be the Linux equivalent.
        Jul 13, 2018
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Mmmm there must be a topic or someone who knows a way around that here...
        Jul 15, 2018
    10. UNphiltered_khaos
      UNphiltered_khaos
      WHY!?!? Why is Bitcoin Payment disabled on the Humble Bundle? I am FLUSH with BTC, but no Fiat/Card/Paypal funds...
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        Some bundles don't support BTC. It may be up to the publisher/providers of the contents of the bundle to decide.
        Oct 6, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      2. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        Yeah, I noticed that. I noticed, also, the sale is for 2 weeks, thats enough time to scrape up some dough and still buy it. (Even if I do have most of the items within.)
        Oct 6, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Good luck in transfering/buying/acquiring the bundle on time :D
        Oct 10, 2017
    11. UNphiltered_khaos
      UNphiltered_khaos
      Hey everybody! How's life? I hate to do Q & A, but...where can I share some information about a new social media platform?
      1. Marquise* likes this.
      2. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        In the off topic forums?
        Oct 4, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      3. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        Thanks! I'll check it out.
        Oct 4, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        I myself have some stuff to post but think the status IS the place for it since I have no idea where to go and think carefully... errr... no self-promotion, no tread linking no... awww... XD
        Oct 10, 2017
    12. UNphiltered_khaos
      UNphiltered_khaos
      wheeee! What's up everyone? I am still drawing precious breath. And you? Any undead need slain? :p
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      3. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        Oooh, Politicians are way above my paygrade. I've heard they were behind the disappearance of Van Helsing himself.
        Oct 2, 2017
      4. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        LichKing/Necromancers are about the best I am trained to deal with, currently.
        Oct 2, 2017
      5. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Necromancers? I'll do a round at the cemetery tonight and get back to you.
        Oct 2, 2017
        Marsigne likes this.
    13. UNphiltered_khaos
      UNphiltered_khaos
      Hey! The Criminal didn't take too long to make an appearance... :(
      1. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        What criminal? I know this is old news but I seem to miss statuses alerts!
        Jun 16, 2017
    14. UNphiltered_khaos
      UNphiltered_khaos
      Can I not change my name anymore??!
      1. Marquise* likes this.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        They changed forum version... :/ Hey it's been a while I read you Howdy?
        Jun 16, 2017
    15. UNphiltered_khaos
      UNphiltered_khaos
      "Wild primates mark their territory with body excretions on nature. Domesticated primates mark territory with ink excretions on paper." -RAW
      1. Marquise* likes this.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        And now... By leaving it intangible on the web they are caught on!
        Feb 20, 2017
    16. UNphiltered_khaos
      UNphiltered_khaos
      Can you believe it? 3 days into office and he starts killing people.

People hated Bush (understandably. I despise him as well.) for bombing FOUR countries and conducting 50 drone strikes.

Now Obama leaves office after over 500 drone strikes (10x as many as Bush), 7 countries bombed (Nearly DOUBLE the countries Bush destroyed), AND he gets to keep the Nobel Peace Prize? HE KILLED 20 CIVILIANS IN FIRST 3 DAYS OF OFFICE! 3 days in, 2 strikes 3 hours apart, 20 civilian casualties.

What kind of world are we living in where a mass murderer gets to leave office as a "Man of Peace"?
      Hold his feet to the fire or STFUAGO!
      http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/01/26/the-year-in-drones-2016/
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Archeia
        Archeia
        Hi there, we don't allow political discussion in this forums. It's against our rules for many reasons :)
        Jan 27, 2017
        2 people like this.
    17. UNphiltered_khaos
      UNphiltered_khaos
      *disappears for a short time*
      *Returns*

*shudders* Well then...
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        You forgot to flush?  ;)
        Jan 25, 2017
        UNphiltered_khaos and Kes like this.
    18. UNphiltered_khaos
      UNphiltered_khaos
      As an Agnostic, I have to ask myself: WHY did I decide to edit, update and recompile what is considered by most to be a sacred text?

#CantFixStupid
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. kovak
        kovak
        Deppends on his font
        Jan 6, 2017
      4. kovak
        kovak
        Not implying he doenst know a dead language 
        Jan 6, 2017
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Also... cultural things gets lost on context and times a lot without appropriate knowledge of the days they were written.  So even non religious things keeps getting OUT of context even in our days.  And history gets rewritten from time to time by idiots.  Got some folks protesting at a descendant of "draveur" family that in order to do the "drave" conduct logs trough the rivers with a perch by walking on them and dynamiting clogs in the river, the guys had to drink alcohol... we ought to think it was forbidden... well it was forbidden also then to drink and "drave".  Fortunately the person seemed the only one (last) on hand to write about it and ask her live ancestor about it before the knowledge just got lost!  Still...  Getting drunk on a job where you van get rolled over, drowned in icy water, unreachable under heavy moving logs and blown apart by dynamite... sure lets get not fired because we can't even keep our balance on those floating spinning logs!
        Jan 18, 2017
    19. UNphiltered_khaos
      UNphiltered_khaos
      https://s25.postimg.org/tj9zll5n3/harambe.png

Rest in peace, Harambe
      1. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Oh... RIP!  Hope it is in a game not IRL...  (lack of reference.)
        Dec 17, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        *Facepalm* 
        Dec 17, 2016
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        *Feels like fool*
        Dec 17, 2016
    20. UNphiltered_khaos
      UNphiltered_khaos
      I am sitting here reading the back of a tube of toothpaste... They recommend calling poison control if you swallow it, because fluoride is considered a neurotoxin (poisonous to the brain)...

But go ahead and drink that glass of water, because there is more fluoride in that than your toothpaste and its now totally safe, ammaright?
      SCIENCE! https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/
      1. 2 people like this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Fluoride in water is something that really ticks me off.  It's been proven to cause all sorts of health problems if you swallow it, and has only been proven to help with teeth when placed directly on teeth like toothpaste and that paint stuff they do at the dentist.

I'm more sensitive than most people to fluoride, it makes me quite literally ill and did a number on my stomach lining until I figured out the cause.  Trying to avoid getting any is a huge hassle and rather expensive.

*grumbles at how hypocritical the heath conscious people are*
        Dec 13, 2016
        3 people like this.
      4. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Oh, yeah, I swallowed mouth wash once in second grade. Not fun... I was fine, but it was scary because I thought I was going to die. :(  
        Dec 13, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Well, no wonder why we have more and more attention deficit disorders and Alzheimer!

But I guess hey, our societies do not need brains but the money out of our pockets after washing our brains as docile produc... err customers!
        Dec 14, 2016
  • About

Making Video Games
    First Language:
    Americanese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

What would you like to know? Would you like to know that I am am an ordained Minister (through the ULC)? Or that I am an amateur (as in, I do not yet receive compensation for these activities): philologist, lexicographer (working on one right now! It is however, a very slow process.), semiotician, theologian, philosopher, historian, and book maker? Literally making books, not writing them, but taking the raw materials and binding a book. I've only made a few, but I get better everytime I do it. The problem is, those labels leave out so much about who I am. I can't be condensed and packaged neatly. I have made it a point to try and experience and read as much as possible of the obscure. Because, to paraphrase Gin Wigmore, if everyone else is doing it, why the hell should I? That perfectly sums up Pop Culture for me. If everyone else is watching the Walking Dead, why should I? I am not saying there is not merit to such a show, but others can tell me of their experience, and I can share mine, and we can each take away something different. And besides, "If you only read the same books as everyone else, watch the same shows, play the same games, you're probably thinking the same thoughts as everyone else, too!"

While I fancy myself a composer of music, and I have often been told my music would go well as a soundtrack, I don't think it's anything that would fit into any RPG games that I've really seen or played. Maybe Shadowrun, or some other Cyberpunk/Futuristic game, since most of my stuff edges towards experimental/electronic. (Not so experimental so as to be a bunch of noise/avant-garde, just not really trained in music, so its an ear-experiment.)

I mostly use Ace for now, but I picked up MV, and I have a few other engines that I don't do much with.

Books, Music, MTG, Mythology, Philosophy, Theology, Entheogens, Science, Sci-fi, Technology, Video Games, Writing, Art, Design, Creating are some of my main interests at this time.

Interact

Content:
    Twitter:
    SleepChamber_P

Signature

[​IMG] <---Game Devs, Check it!