Recent content by Unqou

1. Unqou

DataManager loading a custom JSON file

In general I use always IIFE in order to reduce risk of conflicts. I will consider to add a global variable like you suggested or think another solution, thank you for your help. Currently the json file is generated by a python script that parse Actors.json and collect two note tags for each...
  2. Unqou

DataManager loading a custom JSON file

I'm writing a plugin for a little game I am developing that will need to load an additional JSON file into a variable used by the plugin itself. (function () { function MyManager() { throw new Error("This is a static class"); } MyManager._mydata = null...
  3. Unqou

How to customize Side-view Battle code?

Like the question said: how to customize Side-view battle code? I tried to see the JS code (It is what I do in order to write my own plugins), but I can't understand which JS class / manager etc I should change and where is the side-view battle code. I'd like to try to change a bit the side-view...
  4. Unqou

RMMV actor.note... undefined?

Yeah I know Yanfly existence, even when it was free (and never downloaded it -.-). The reason I never used Yanfly is that it seems to me too huge (it is also hard to figure what should you need or not) and moreover it could lead me into compatibility problem if I had to add JS code without...
  5. Unqou

Thank for your links, very useful. And yeah! I usually read the engine .js files as models (although I don't know JS so well) trying to figure myself how to customize the game. Thank for pointing to Game_Action, but probably I have to manage damage formulas instead of aliasing Game_Action...
  6. Unqou

Yeah, sorry. I sometimes post in the wrong place since it is not so obvious for me when to place in MV or JS section. Thanks for moving @caethyril thank a lot. So my next question is about this code that is obliouvsly wrong: (function () { var _game_actor_base = Game_Actor.prototype.setup...
  7. Unqou

I am trying to define a custom (binded to char and not changable) parameter so I tried to store it into a notetag (in my case <sr X> where X is a number). The first issue I am encountering (as the title said) is that actor.note seems undefined, and this is strange. I tried to use a debug event...
  8. Unqou

Extracting Texts OUTSIDE Script Editor

Perhaps the "Scripts in Develpment" is better. Actually the ruby script(s) for extracting data Through Script Editor (mentioned in the post) are finished and working. Since I'm asking if it is possible to develop an "undependant" version of those scripts (a version wich will not require to be...
  9. Unqou

Extracting Texts OUTSIDE Script Editor

Hi. I'm (slowly) developing a commercial application that should allow creating a multi-language game with RpgMaker VX Ace AND/OR RpgMaker MV (the two rpg makers I own). The application did the job in two steps. On the first step, it extracts all game text (messages, etc) and collect them in a...
  10. Unqou

2017 IGMC Goals and Progress Thread

My project was dropped. So I will not submit any game. I had too much things to do that does not leave me enough time to even start the project. I am currently on a "organizing resource step" only, so the time left is too short to even try to develop a decent game. I am a bit disappointed...
  11. Unqou

"Unexpected identifier" on EnemyBook.js official plugin

I tried the plugin you linked, but I had exactly the same problem. I changed the event command to --> BeastBook open I changed the notetags accordingly --> (here the example for Bat enemy) But... again the unexpected identifier. It is a problem that I cannot figure how to solve myself, also...
  12. Unqou

"Unexpected identifier" on EnemyBook.js official plugin

Perhaps I am a bit stupid, and I missed something but: Every time I try to use this plugin the "Unexpected identifier error" happens. This is the complete error message, obtained pressing F8: What I did: I added an event (fixed event) wich contains only a script command with those...
  13. Unqou

Sure... but no one here says the opposite. If you, instead, are speaking about my (unreleased) application, I can ensure that even if I will use it (not certain), no rule will be broken. That application will generate a ruby script (for RpgMaker VX Ace) or JavaScript plugin (for RpgMaker MV) to...
  14. Unqou

Well... it is a funny idea. Currently my progress is 0% (I have read about the contest only yestarday). I have a brief story idea (perhaps not too much original, but decent enough to be quite "new"). - I think I will work alone (I cannot guarantee to have a constant activity, so not a good...
  15. Unqou

[Deploying: (Browser, Android, Ios)]: proper way to save a config file?

I will answer myself, even if I cannot say 100% that it is the right answer, but I assume so. After analizing a bit the core JavaScript files, I decided to use this strategy: // -------------------------------------------------------- // Config (current language) //...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Learning Action Sequences!
ANY FEEDBACK APPRECIATED!

Online Platformer TEST DEMO 0.1 - 4 simple Maps. Just jumping test. (I still have 2 minor problems to fix).
So ms store had an idea to nuke the the entire app when the file integrity is slightly broken.
Im on another months long scripting high. I wonder if I can go SSJS3?

Version Fille in english is now complete!
Download the game on itch.io:
Talk about it here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/120802/

Enjoy and share!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZeroR