Recent content by Uzuki

1. Uzuki

You know, after all these years of using RM I've never played To The Moon. With being busy with...

You know, after all these years of using RM I've never played To The Moon. With being busy with life and then after my mom died I was too emotionally fragile to play something that heavy. Has anyone played the Switch version? Is there any big differences between that and the RM version?
  2. Uzuki

Global Variables(?)

Sadly game developing sometimes requires you doing hassling tasks and workarounds to do simple stuff. Especially if you don't know how to code. For Autosave plugins I usually use Yanfly's and then I found this one on itch.
  3. Uzuki

Global Variables(?)

What you could do is at save spots have the game put the player's level and exp into variables and then when the game over event have the game set the players level and exp to those variables. What autosave plugins have you tried? Most of the ones that I know of allow you to customize when they...
  4. Uzuki

Global Variables(?)

Very possible. just be sure to remember what number you have for each save spot and have the proper conditional branches. As for the force saving I couldn't find anything about forcing a save on a certain file, so the only way I know how to do that is with an Autosave plugin.
  5. Uzuki

Global Variables(?)

You will create all that in a autorun event that you have in the game over map. As for getting save spots, use switches. I advise you just set aside a bunch of empty switch slots specifically for those save spots. Then when the player interacts with a save spot, turn off all the switches and...
  6. Uzuki

Global Variables(?)

Okay let's make this a bit simpler so you can handle it better. I couldn't find anything to do what you wanted on MV. Let's change up how game overs work with Hime's Gameover Events plugin. now when the player loses a losable battle, then they will be transported to a separate map that you can...
  7. Uzuki

Global Variables(?)

How are you handling game overs? You could set the battles to Cannot Lose when making the battle processing event. If they do you do a one frame count to tint the screen black, add +1 to a variable and transfer the player to another location. Or you could use Hime's Sync Save Data plugin to...
  8. Uzuki

"Make Your Own Game" Series?

Also interface wise, MV is almost identical to Ace. So outside of coding and scripting you can take most advice or methods from Ace and apply it to MV.
  9. Uzuki

Huh, this is an interesting find [MEDIA]

Huh, this is an interesting find
  10. Uzuki

Writing dialog for love scenes

It's hard to give general writing advice in that area because it depends on the characters and their dynamic and the situation they find themselves in. Are they both abrasive people? Then maybe they don't see eye to eye on a lot of things and constantly argue with each other, but as time goes by...
  11. Uzuki

Removing Magic Attack and Magic Defense

If you want to completely remove them give this a try: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/icf-soft-status-menu.72882/
  12. Uzuki

RMMV Damage Formula - ideas and help

@Aesica Yeah the way it works is that when the Anxiety (TP) Meter becomes full, that character enters a Panic state and the player will lose control of them until it's cured. This will also add a count to a permadeath count and if that count gets too high the character will die. Enemies, certain...
  13. Uzuki

@Waterguy Of course that makes perfect sense. Thank you so much for the help friend!
  14. Uzuki

@Aesica TP isn't used directly for skills in my game, it acts as an anxiety meter. The item takes away TP when used.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

anybody else like getting baked whilst coding?

When you go to the beach watch out for coconuts. Coconuts are more dangerous than sharks. Fact.
Try to get into pixelart again, so far its a sucess.
Also finally found a useful pixeltutorial which helps a lot.
♫ Anyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant, but he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes, he's got high apple pie in the sky hopes ♫
The three if us sat to watch "The day India Burned" to take notes. 10 minutes in, one went to sleep. I wanted to finish it but I couldn't stop tearing up (yawning makes me cry) so after 40 minutes I gave up. But now I'm not sleepy anymore :0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golgol395