Recent content by Venima

1. Venima

Learn JS with RPG Maker MV

The point I have to make is: Why did it take people so long to find this? I don't think MV needs to write a tutorial, I think it needs a landing page that provides links and tips for where to find tutorials, and the extras like accessing the debugger and console. Also include a link to that...
  2. Venima

Hotkeys for Eventing

I would rather a keybind that creates a search bar and allows me to search for the type of event I want. That way I only have to remember 1 keybind to create the event I want with keyboard. Plus the only complicated part to implement this is the search UI. It's entirely flexible to what types of...
  3. Venima

Who would be interested in a better dungeon generator for RPG-Maker? (third-party)

Just for reference, after some back and forth DMs, Ilithianeae was able to get the program working by 'running as administrator'. I didn't expect that to fix the painting process not working, but I guess it makes sense.
  4. Venima

Getting name or id of event at specific location (in current map)

I got the puzzle working, thanks! If you're interested: By going on various quests you'll develop reputation with different types of units which allows you to hire them to defend your stronghold. So far I have: Guards (cheap to hire and good vs bandits) Archers (good vs unarmoured or...
  5. Venima

Getting name or id of event at specific location (in current map)

I'm trying to build a combat-themed puzzle where you move different types of units (events) to battle positions. I intend on making 24 battle scenes like this, so to save myself endless conditional branches I decided to turn to scripting. There are only going to be so many types of enemy and so...
  6. Venima

Who would be interested in a better dungeon generator for RPG-Maker? (third-party)

If you move the mouse even slightly while the program is painting, it will abort. If it's not that, send me a PM and I'll see if I can debug it with you. I don't see anything wrong with the configuration itself. Also sorry for the wait, for some reason I didn't have this thread on watch.
  7. Venima

Give me a PM if you get stuck. There is a lot of setup required ^_^'
  8. Venima

I've had a few days free and I've been adding a bunch of new features and trying to overcome the roadblocks I've mentioned before. The scrollbar isn't so much an issue now, I know how to solve that. The main issue I've run into now is what happens when you close the program and reopen it, maybe...
  9. Venima

Since it's been over a month I figured I should post something here. This project has been put on hold for the time being since I've been kept busy with work, among other things. But I will return to it eventually. I'm curious what features you would like to see next, or if it's lacking...
  10. Venima

Smarter Text Persistence (Show Text Combining With Choices)

Thanks @tale. I've updated the original post with the fix. :)
  11. Venima

Good news! The first alpha release is here! Obviously I'll be adding more to it over time, but for now, enjoy! I have attached a zip file containing the tool to this post (RM Dungeon Generator 0105.zip). Simply extract the zip and double click the jar to run it! While I have mostly tested in...
  12. Venima

That is one of a number of complications. In order for your generated dungeon to feature the events you want, the only way I see that working is if I build a map loader into my tool that loads events from a template map that you provide, and then make a bunch of settings to configure where they...
  13. Venima

I presume you mean while you play the game the map changes each time you enter... Currently no. This is just a tool that can paint a map to RPG Maker's editor. I had a look at the possibility for directly manipulating maps while playing, but there are a lot of complications with that. It's...
  14. Venima

I've been quiet for a couple weeks, and that's because LycanDiva has been helping me test (and work out the kinks in) the painting and generation of the tool. It turns out different systems treat mouse events a little differently, and we've been busy figuring all that out. I think it's almost...
  15. Venima

Question for Everyone:What do you look for in an RPG Maker Game?

I played Wizardry 8 donkeys ago. I still remember parts of that game. The difficulty curve suddenly took a leap though and I got lost for how to progress. As for my answer to OP, I'm a stickler for resource puzzles. Anything that involves figuring out what items are useful in a given situation...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My spirit can be so easily wounded by most things that nobody thinks twice about. It may be not a big deal to you, but it means EVERYTHING to me!
I have to make a custom tree for my FSM game and I'm nervous I won't get it right.
Finally got the tablet picture! :LZSsmile:
Working hard on my Mode7 interiors in between calls at work!
A good idea rise a moment before falling asleep, and survive the second coffee the day next morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merglu