vociferocity
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• After the demise of my old laptop and all the data for Princess Rescue, I've started working on a new game... can't wait until I have enough screenshots to start posting about it :)
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    been there (losing your game) before. Sorry to hear it. *removes hat at 4am to honor lost game.*
    vociferocity
    vociferocity
    Thanks :) I've definitely learned my lesson, though: this new game went straight into my dropbox folder!
    just spent an hour undoing all the changes I made the other day x__x 2 steps forward, 2 steps back
    just spent an hour trying to hide the shield slot...turns out I just needed to remove their id from the actor's equip slot array x__x
    playing around with menus removing all the level information. it's surprisingly easy!
    Aurorain
    Aurorain
    Yeah, that kinda editing is pretty easy(if I can do it, then anyone can, lol :D ), but it can get pretty hectic for higher class stuff. :x
    vociferocity
    vociferocity
    yeah, now I'm trying to get rid of the shield slot on the equipment page...no longer having fun x__x
    the ds rtp is so cute, but the faces are so wildly different to the ace rtp... what do x__x
    vociferocity
    vociferocity
    ooh, ok. I thought the ds+ pack mostly just had tiles, but if it has extra character stuff, that's v handy!
    djDarkX
    djDarkX
    Yeah, it has battlers in the Ace style (including high-res versions for editing) and the such. Read my blog post about the review for the DS+ pack!
    vociferocity
    vociferocity
    I will! thanks for the tip :)
    Ronove
    Ronove
    Well if you used terrain tags to prevent the animals from walking up the paths, you wouldn't have to worry too much.
    RyanA
    RyanA
    It's adorable :3 I'd random the roofs and walls up a bit more though!
    vociferocity
    vociferocity
    yeah if I end up actually using this, I'll need to get the animals off the paths so you can walk places without worrying about them, and play around with the houses a bit. I'm glad you guys like it though :) I think my mapping is defs improving~
    feeling pretty good about my new map! this weekend I'll go through and update the rest of them to make them nicer, I think :)
    Shablo5
    Ah, are you in the stage where the old maps don't look as good as when you made them? A lot of us go through that when our projects go on for quite some time :p
    vociferocity
    vociferocity
    haha yeah, I have enough actual content that I figured it might be time to take a break and make my maps prettier
    just finished mapping the four main boss fight areas + adding the actual boss fights. I feel so productive :)
    wondering how much content people tend to expect in a demo...
    PixelLuchi
    PixelLuchi
    I prefer to end my demos on cliffhanger endings. That way, I can ensure that the player's interest is kept piqued for the next release. :)
    Archeia
    Archeia
    Yeah that's totally fine since you know, cliffhanger and EXCITEMENT! But when it ends on a very abrupt note, like you just didn't see enough, it gets :(
    Lunarea
    Lunarea
    I agree with Archeia, though I think it wouldn't be a fixed number. If your game is only 3 hours long, an hour demo is probably unnecessary. Ideally, the demo should be used to give players an idea of your game - story, features, mechanics.
    almost...finished...mapping the final town. it's like a dream come true
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Nice work. Maybe we're celebrating a bit early but here's too finishing your game (whips out a nice frothy beverage)
    Thalzon
    Thalzon
    I haven't made a game in forever that had more than one town. I get to celebrate this EVERY time I make one! :D
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm having such a hard time thinking of an interesting battle system. and not being a coder, certain things I wanna do seem a lot harder lol.
Created a character outline with some code. I have no use for this. I'm....bored.....
Having lots of fun using different PS brushes to add a lil' texture to the floors and walls in my maps.
Setup a system to cull enemies that are too far from the player to matter, and to spawn new ones just outside of view. Take that lag! :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harmlessgamedev